For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

What did you do that for? Day 3

Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

What did you do that for? Day 3  Empty What did you do that for? Day 3

Post by Holly Cleary Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Friday already. How the week flew. Least those fangers have stayed out of the bar, and the swelling in my eye is nearly all gone, its just kind of a greenish haze, easy enough to cover with a little makeup, thanks to Carol.

Although, there has been other strange stuff happening. Sounds outside my windows and wolves howling out in the distance. One time I thought there was someone in the bushes by my bedroom window and when the deputy showed up, there was nothing there, though there were more footprints like those on Carol’s patio.

And I’d swear that yesterday as I got home from work that there was someone going out the backdoor as I came in through the front. Work tonight should be interesting, Carol left a voicemail saying she and Alcide were coming in for dinner tonight, so I’ll try to make sure theres a place for them in my section so we can chit chat.
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

What did you do that for? Day 3  Empty Re: What did you do that for? Day 3

Post by Holly Cleary Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:09 pm

It’s been busier than usual, there’s got to be something in the air around here. People that don’t usually come to the restaurant have been in to eat tonight, and nearly every table is full. Sam has the TV over the bar on and keeps clock watching., so very not him at all.

Carol and Alcide finally showed up and luckily I had just cleared up a table to sit them as as they came in. They both had the Hamburger rare. Not my style, but whatever.Sam brought them a pitcher of beer and talked with them, all of them smiles and shared toasts for a few moments.

The main room of the bar felt hot. Not the usual warm from bodies and food, but broken radiator in the summertime hot. More people came into the bar, crowding around the pool tables, three or four deep at the bar, all chatty and happy, and not a single angry face in the crowd.

I noticed a Jess come in on the arm of John Quinn. I didn’t even know she knew him outside of as a customer when she worked here at the bar. Alcide stood up and waved, Quinn waded through the press of bodies and Jess followed in his wake. The four exchanged hugs and compliments before all sitting at the table.

What did a vamp have any business being in the bar? Or being on the arm of that tall handsome man. Why was Carol so seemingly happy to see her, especially after we had spent so much time together at the Fellowship hall.

I had no idea what was going down, but this was not going to be good. I ducked into the back room to escape the stifling room which suddenly felt like it was closing in around me.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:04 am