For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Secrets in a diary

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Secrets in a diary Empty Secrets in a diary

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:29 am

Kiara had taken a small trip during the day while Bill slept. Marie hadn’t been too happy with her leaving but she’d promised she would be back before Bill awoke and that she was only going to her home. Now that she was in her home she was just sorting through some of her old family things. She set down some old journals and pictures until she came across a very old journal that belonged to her great grandma.

Carefully she paged through it, seeing a few pictures fall out. She looked at one of the images and chuckled.

Secrets in a diary 33e770g

She’d always heard how she and her grandmother were almost twins and now she had proof. It was almost eerie how much she resembled her grandmother. Setting the picture aside she settled upon an entry done over 100 years ago.

Baton Rogue, 1910.
    We had a strange visitor today. He’s a vampire by the smell of him, but he was very refined. He said he had a relative to visit. I didn’t think vampires visited their human relatives but by the looks of this man our patient means a lot to him. He came to visit Sarah. Poor Miss Sarah has influenza and TB. She doesn’t have much for this world.

“I can feel myself rotting…!”

I heard Miss Sarah shout. I guess she asked the vampire if he would change her but by the sounds of things he refused. Now that I’ve had more time to think on our visitor I noticed the resemblance between him and Miss Sarah. I wonder if he was her father, he must have been turned after fathering children. As I write this my daughter Cassandra is drawing the vampire. Cass is so talented. She’s always drawing for our patients which seem to make them happy. I’m only glad she’s full wolf and immune to all this sickness. I don’t know what I’d do if my child got sick. We have no cures for what these humans have.

There was a break in the page. Kiara wondered if her great grandma had gone to do something which interrupted her writing but she continued reading.

Just finished taking care of our vampire visitor. He gave us a whole pouch filled with money, saying we should do all we can to care for Sarah. Miss Sarah is quieter now, I wonder if the vampire glamoured her. He looks so sad the vampire, he said his name was Mr. Compton. Theres not a lot of Comptons left here in Louisiana and well, at least one of them will live on as a vampire. This vampire looks so tormented, I guess visiting with Miss Sarah made him very sad, you can even hear it in his voice. But he still smiled, even smiled at Cass when she said she’d make sure Miss Sarah had fresh flowers every day. At least he’s kind. Not many vampires would pay for the care of a human. He even gave us a donation for the hospital, said we should use it to care for the children. He sure is a strange one.

Kiara had to stop reading. Compton? There was no way her great grandma met another Compton vampire did she? WAS there another Compton besides Bill? She turned the page and a small pencil drawing fell out. She picked it up, the back of the page facing her. It had her grandma’s name and a date of 1910. As she turned it over though she gasped.

“Holy Shit….”

Secrets in a diary 166abtv

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:45 pm