For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Discovery...

Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Discovery... Empty Discovery...

Post by Vincent Davis Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Vincent carried the basket from room to room, gathering up the laundry just like every Wednesday. He loved his routines, they kept the home running so smoothly...
    As he loaded the laundry, he empties John's pockets into a tray on top of the dryer. The normal things...coins, pens, business cards...but a clinking sound made him pause. When he fished the contents from the jacket John had worn the other night, he was a bit confused. Three small vials with symbolic labels...what was this? He held one up to the light and could tell it was a dark crimson color...he shook his head. There was no way it could be that....but what was it? Should he bring it up to John? or perhaps ask Ms. Hamby first...she could tell him if his concerns had foundation.

He looked at the clock and saw that she would be waking soon. He called to the dorms and sent the donor to wait for her. Taking the vials, he walked slowly toward the 'great room', unsure of what he should do...
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Discovery... Empty Re: Discovery...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:37 pm

I had awoke for the night and needed a shower before heading out to do some planning at the house. Quinn had gotten in late last night and didn't say much. He seemed to be troubled, conflicted. There wasn't much talking, he said he was fine and suggested a movie. I had so much on my mind from what I'd witnessed at Merlotte's I thought a movie would be good...but couldn't focus on it. I couldn't stop thinking of my human family and what my father had turned into.

Exiting the bathroom dressed with a towel on my head, Quinn wasn't around. What was going on with that man? His mood had been...foul lately. We barely spoke and when we did...he was "fine". A donor waited for me...but I wasn't hungry I couldn't eat. "Not..right now. Maybe later? Thank you though. He smiled and nodded, leaving the room. I stood there by the window that overlooked the front lawn of his estate. Was it me? Had I done something wrong? I sighed and pressed my forehead to the glass, closing my eyes...thinking about so much.
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:41 pm

Vincent saw the donor leaving untouched, he shrugged and walked past Vincent back toward the dorms...

Vincent peeked though the door and saw she was dressed. He quietly knocked on the door frame...

"Excuse me, Ms. Hamby....can I get you anything? Was the donor not to your tastes? I can send for something different if you wish.."

He stepped into the room, watching her quietly...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:45 pm

I turned to see Vinny enter, concerned if I was eating. I could never get an eating disorder around him. Offering him a warm smile as I shook my head. "No, I'm fine...I just...so much on my mind I'm not hungry. I'll feed later, promise." I noticed his posture and his face. "Is...is everything okay?" He only looked like this when he was worried. Was it Quinn, had something happened??
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:49 pm

"Just a minor concern, Ms. Hamby. I am sure it is nothing..."

He picked up a glass from the desk, turning back toward her..

"Mr. Quinn should be back later tonight, Ms. Hamby. His Business meeting is taking a bit longer than planned..."

He paused...trying to decide if he should mention his discovery...he was a but flustered. He normally knew precisely what he needed to do in all things...he turned back to her...

"Please let me know if there is anything you need, Ms. Hamby. I am at your service, as always..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:52 pm

"Vincent wait..." He was acting very strangely as if there was something he needed to say, but didn't know how. Blood flooded his cheeks as he became flustered. "What...is it?" I walked closer to him, keeping eye contact and willing to glamour if I had to. "Just please tell me...what are you concerned about?" I feared it had something to do with Quinn and his strange behavior. Please let me be wrong. Please let it be some normal human stupid thing....Please. Not now, not when I finally found someone amazing in my life, bad luck just always had to screw things up.
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:57 pm

"Just please tell me...what are you concerned about?"

Vincent cleared his throat...

"I'm not sure it is really my place, Ms. Hamby..."

He looked down deferentially...

"I found something that concerned me a little, but I am sure I am assuming too much..."

He took a deep breath.

"perhaps I should not bring it up without speaking to Mr. Quinn first..."

His hand was in his picket, curling around the vials...a look of uncertainty across his face...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:59 pm

I tilted my head to the side. "If it concerns you this much, what is it you found? You can tell me and I won't say a word. I promise. I'm worried about you now, you've never seemed this...troubled." I stepped closer. "Please, Vincent...tell me what's wrong. I love him and if it involves him I have a right to know."
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:06 pm

"Well, Ms. Hamby..I was cleaning out Mr Quinn's pockets like always, and found something I do not recognize. I have a guess of what it is, but I am sure I am wrong..."

He pulled his hand from his pocket, dropping it to his side as he continued.

"I am sure it is nothing, or at least that there is a reason that he had them..."

He looked down again, bringing his hand up, setting the vials on the desk.

"I am not trying to concern you, Ms.Hamby. I am sure it is not what I thought it was..."

Discovery... Blood-10

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:15 pm

I listened to him speak, he walked over to the small desk that sat in the far end of the room and I followed as he explained.

"I am not trying to concern you, Ms.Hamby. I am sure it is not what I thought it was..."

I blinked as my eyes focused on the vials he set on the desk. The dark crimson liquid...blood...it had to be. Slowly reaching forward to take one into my hand, giving Vincent a look before looking down into my hand and examining it. A symbol, the same symbol on all of the vials, looked like something I'd seen once but couldn't place it. I didn't know what to think, what to feel. I remained silent with my thoughts. Why would Quinn have vampire blood...was he...no couldn't be. Not Quinn, he tested himself on me..but...what if I...NO. It wasn't what it looked like. I looked up to meet Vincent's eyes. "This..it's not what we think. I'm sure he was going to destroy them...He--He wouldn't...I mean..." I had no words. He'd drank from me only when he knew he had no other choice and that was a battle in itself. If he wanted blood...why not mine? I didn't know what to say to Vincent and frankly, I didn't know what or how to act around Quinn now.
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:17 pm

"I am sorry Ms.Hamby. I did not mean to upset you."
    He lowered his head and walked toward the doorway...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:20 pm

"You didn't upset me..." I barely whispered as I looked back down at my hand that held the vial. "...He lied to me...." Everything was not fine, not by a long shot. "Vincent..." I said as I looked up, biting my lip in thought. "Don't tell him you showed me. Your suspicions were right if you think this is vampire blood...but it's not mine. I'm sure he has a good reason of having them.." Or a good cover up, I thought to myself and closed my eyes wishing that inner voice would shut the hell up.
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:23 pm

Vincent looked back to her...

"I will not lie to him, Ms.Hamby. My loyalty has not changed. Mr.Quinn is who I work for, and I will always..."

He forced a smile.

"I am sure he has an explanation. Let's not jump to conclusions before he can explain, Ms.Hamby..."

He adjusted his vest and looked to her, keeping his smile plastered on...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:31 pm

I nodded. "Of course, you're right. Thank you Vinny." Offering him a smile as I turned away from him, holding the vial and fearing the worst. It was what I did best right? When things were great and perfect...the other shoe would fall and my world came crashing down. Never did that fail. Turning back around I picked up the rest of the vials and looked at Vincent. "It will be okay, I just know it." Trying to reassure him...or myself..or both. "If you need me I'll be in his office. I need to make a few calls about my house." With that, I sped into Quinn's office and sat at his desk. I had to make calls that was the truth...but I could not focus on anything but those vials. Placing them in front of me as I stared at them, almost wishing they could give me the answers.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:30 am