For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Burying a Part of Your Heart

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Burying a Part of Your Heart Empty Burying a Part of Your Heart

Post by Bill Compton Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:26 am

~What Happened Before~
    https://devotedtowriting.forumotion.com/t1098-a-violation-against-nature

"Did you think I would allow you to make a child of your own? It is against the vampire law to turn a child. And I will not have you meet the True Death William" she said in but a whisper.

Bill held the lifeless boy in his arms, he was gone, another life lost because of his recklessness. He had become a monster, to take the life of a child. Blood continued to trickle from his eyes, dripping onto the boy's pale face.

"Come now William. We must bury the boy. Then we leave first thing tomorrow night. Come!" she barked at him.

Bill continued to stare at the boy as he stood and wrapped him in his arms as he walked past Lorena, ignoring her as he carried the boy to the boy's burial place, if anything he deserved that. The boy that he had killed, deserved a goodbye.

"Come NOW WILLIAM! The sun shall rise soon, and we must take shelter else where from the crappy town" she barked at him.

Bill continued to ignore her, not wanting, nor caring to speak to her, she had truly turned him into what she wanted him to be, to be a monster, a vampire. He held the boy close to his chest as he continued to walk faster than the average human. Bill wanted to bury him in a place that felt worthy, the place where he had shown his own human son when he was in fact human. A place that he felt safe.

"Do not ignore me William. This is your fault. If you obeyed my order and not come back here, he would have lived. This shall teach you in the future. Won't it dear William?" she asked as she followed Bill in tow.

Bill continued to ignore her, he felt vile, a monster, she had made him commit a sin against vampires, but asking him, no commanding him to turn a child, if he had turned, Bill would have been sentenced to the True Death, he knew the basic rules about his nature from Lorena. She had taught him about the existence of the 'Vampire Authority' and what they stood for, although he had never seen or heard from the Authority, he knew they existed.

"Do not ignore me William. I am your Maker!" she continued to bark at him.

"Yes...Lorena" he snarled at her, refusing to turn to look at her.

Bill could see the burial place where he wanted this little boy to rest for the final time. It had been his recklessness that had ended this young boy's life, he was ten years old, he could only imagine what the boy's family would say when he did not return home. The loss of a child is the greatest thing to fear.

"I shall wait here. Go bury the boy. I find funerals very depressing, and it does nothing for my skin" she smirked as she twirled a lock of hair between her fingertips.

Bill continued on his trek across the muddy field, jumping across a small river, he was close to his former home, he could see the lights from the old wooden house break through the pitch black night. He was finally here. Standing at the foot of a large oak tree, the final resting place. Dropping down to his knees as he gently laid the body on the ground, he looked so peaceful and calm, as though he was sleeping.

Turning to the base of the tree, he started to dig, using his hands to dig a hole, his fingertips scraping at the roots and the stones that halted his digging. He needed the hole to be deep so that no one would ever find him, only he would ever know of this place, only he would carry this secret. Bill continued to dig until the hole was deep enough to go un-noticed by all others, his blood tears trickling down his face, his eyes continuing to break the free flow of his blood. Turning to the little boy's body, so still and so quiet. He hooked his arm under the boy's neck and his other hand under his knees and cradled the boy to his chest.

"I am so sorry Christian" he cried out.

He gently placed the body inside the hole that he had dug, he looked so peaceful, like a small angel. He then started to shovel the mud to fill the hole, weeping as he did, he had never felt like this before, so broken, so hollow and empty. Once the hole was filled, he sat back on his heels and continued to stare at the hand made grave that held his innocent victim, unaware that Lorena now stood behind him.

"Come now William. We must go" she ordered.

Bill turned to her, with his eyes continuing to flow with his tears, his face streaked red with the evidence of his guilt.

Burying a Part of Your Heart Tumblr10

"Come now William. The sun is almost here"

Bill stood from the ground, his back still to Lorena, taking one last longing glance at the grave before he turned to Lorena as she stood showing some concern on her face.

"Your secret shall die with me" she grinned hastily at him.

He leaned in closer to her, his lips close to her ear.

"I shall never forgive you for this Lorena" he growled at her as he turned to walk away from her, as she followed in suit behind him. Bill turned around to take one last look at the boy's grave. The sun was starting to brighten the sky ahead of him, but the large oak tree still shrouded in darkness.

Burying a Part of Your Heart Oak-tr11

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:49 am