For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Errands Are The Devil's Backbone

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Errands Are The Devil's Backbone Empty Errands Are The Devil's Backbone

Post by Alcide Herveaux Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:29 pm

*Getting out of the pickup grabbing a metal cart, pushing into the automatic doors. Since there are no big projects going forward with the company and the mortgage company has yet cut a check for the construction loan for the She Wolf and I dream home. No wayward vampires or fairies needing assistance I am left with too much time on my hands. Rikki has her hands full with locating what she thinks would make her house a home. I have the safe room set up, and what I want besides the garage with the upstairs loft/man cave.

Looking at my shopping list trying to figure how many stops I will have to make. Looking like the big box store and the drugstore besides the groceries. Seeing huge bunches of parsnips grabbing a couple bunches throwing them into cart I think I could steam those and mash them as a better substitute for potatoes. Grabbing the makings for a salad and 2 pints of strawberries and the freshly whipped cream. I think that would a great dessert to be served in bed. Grabbing a number at the meat counter for the butcher to cut the steaks. Hearing him call my number I point at the porterhouse showing how thick I want them cut. I have him add some apple wood smoked bacon for breakfast, going to make pancakes and scrambled eggs. Hearing a sultry sweet voice behind me saying my name I turn around as the butcher hands me my wrapped packages of meat.*

"Alcide Herveaux as I live and breathe fancy that I run into you here. Janice said you moved here to Shreveport the last time I saw her at Lou Pines."

*Shocked to see Summer Desmarais standing in front of me I smile as she pulls me into a hug, I step out of it her embrace awkwardly looking at her with sheepish look.*

So Summer Desmarais are you living here in Shreveport now? It's been a while since I have seen you.

*She smiles looking around for her cart and I stare in amusement, she used to be so together wonder what is up with that?*

Lose something Summer?

*She shakes her head craning her head this way and that.*

"It's been a while Janice said you are dating someone and you brought her home for the holidays. I have been here for a few weeks. I lost Gabriel and my cart."

*She starts to move down the aisle I see a little dark head boy pushing the cart running into everything laughing and picking up stuff he knocks of the shelf.*

"Gabe Baby you what do I say about you staying close? You scared Mommie."

*Watching Summer and the child interact it's sweet making me wonder if Rikki and I have a child what would he or she look like, act like? Squatting down to his height*

Hello Gabriel I am Alcide, I knew your Mommie a while ago. It's a pleasure to meet you.

*Holding out my hand, Gabriel takes it in his shaking it with a firm grip for someone so little.*

Firm grip there, that's a good sign. *standing back up facing Summer* So did you and your husband move here for work?

*Summer shakes her head, pulling Gabriel against her holding him by his shoulders,*

"I am not married and I am not with Gabe's Father. The relationship was brief and didn't work out."

*Nodding sympathetically at her confession, feeling my phone vibrate. Looking down at it seeing it was a text from the loan officer about me calling to set up a meeting to sign final papers with Rikki, and he will cut a check for me. Holding up a finger at Summer, texting back to the loan officer that I free to meet as his schedule permits, then texting Rikki We have liftoff need to sign papers when we get the message. Hitting send and putting it back on my belt.*

Sorry it was some personal business. I am truly sorry about you and Gabriel's father not working out, I am sure you will meet someone soon and he will love round out your family.

*Summer smiles at me, nodding*

"I hope that will happen soon. Gabe needs a strong male influence in his life."

*Nodding again at her feeling that our conversation has run it's course. I reach into my wallet pulling out a business card handing it to her,*

Here if you need anything feel free to call, I know you don't have any friends or family close. Rikki and I would love to help out. If you want to join the Long Tooth Pack I am okay with that as well.

*Summer Slides the card into her pocket and flashes that sweet smile that at one one time would have made my heart flutter, but now it is merely nice.*

"I might just have to call you sometime soon Alcide. I would love to meet Rikki the woman who roped the only decent Alpha male in Jackson."

*Chuckling at her comment shaking my head,*

I am not in Jackson anymore Summer. But thank you for the vote of confidence. I am sure Rikki would love to meet you both soon. Call me and we can set up a dinner.

*She takes my hand shaking it and I smile and wink at the little man. Waving bye as the walk down the aisle away from me, grabbing the few remaining items on my list heading to the checkout to pay up and finish my errands.*

Errands Are The Devil's Backbone Gabrie11

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:24 pm