For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

He got away.

Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

He got away. Empty He got away.

Post by Eric Northman Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:18 pm

Eric stopped his run for a moment. As promised he would take care of Bill’s little problem but that was easier said than done. Unlike Bill, who was all prim and proper and very much a boy scout, Eric knew what it was like to give into the baser vampire desires. However a child vampire was even more vicious than a normal vampire. The lack of impulse control all children have, plus the short attention span makes them very volatile.

“If I were a child vampire…what would I hunt…” he muttered to himself. He tried to remember those first days as a vampire. It had been so long ago he had nearly forgotten. He vaguely recalled Godric pulling him off people, castigating him for wasting food as the humans warred. He recalled he’d developed a particular taste for frightened women. He’d learned that things such as fear and panic gave human blood a particular sweet taste. In this small town there was only one place where frightened, panicked, and easily lured women could be found. He grinned and changed directions. There was a local sorority house known for its parties.

He paused outside behind some trees and sure enough he could some tell tale signs.

“Aww…look at him! Wheres your mommy?”

“Whats a kid doing out here so late?”

“Can you help me find my momma?”

Eric grinned. He had to give the vampire credit, using his childlike attributes to lure humans to him without even having to glamour them. He could hear the stupid women take him inside. Then all the heart beats picked up. One of the girls had been in the process of calling the police and suddenly what had been a cute kid was suddenly a thirsty vampire. Eric was at the door, breaking it down just as the boy was latching unto the neck of a girl whose face was froze in a silent scream.

“Off the human kid” he said. The boy turned his head. He was like a bloody angel, with fangs. He grinned at Eric and wiped his hand.

“well well… who are you?” he asked.
    “The sheriff of this area. As much as I enjoy a feed we have willing donors for that, so release the human” said Eric, exposing his own fangs. This kid was younger than Bill in vampire years so Eric could easily subjugate him.

Suddenly there was a flurry of movement. The boy was trying to kill the women who were now screaming. Eric kept up with him, but he seriously didn’t want to have to cover so many human deaths, but this kid was fast, his movements reminded him of someone, he just couldn’t place his finger on it.

He’d save one girl just to have another tossed unto him, a girl Eric had to catch and set down as the kid went after another one. For a good two minutes the vampires went back and forth until the boy literally brought down a wall on him. Eric had to shield the still screaming women from the debris. In the chaos the vampire got away which made Eric swear loudly. He glamoured the women to shut up as he called on some of his own vampire workers to come and fix the mess. As three other vampires showed up Eric went off to the side and pulled out his phone.

It had been but a few hours since he’d spoken to Bill and he hated to deliver a failure for Bill at least had to be informed. He dialed the number and it didn’t even ring, meaning his phone was off.

“Bill, it’s Eric. I found….your little problem. I’m on the outskirts of Shreveport at a sorority house. That thing is a devil tornado. Considering we don’t want human casualties I had to busy myself keeping the humans safe. He tore down half the building so we’re currently glamouring authorities and getting the mess cleaned up. It looks like he’s headed back to the bon temp area. Keep an eye out and keep your own women close”

Eric hung up and turned around. The cops were already leaving and the women were all huddled in a corner while 2 vampires worked inside. Eric ran his fingers through his hair. It was going to be a long night.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:23 am