For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Demons of the past

Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Demons of the past Empty Demons of the past

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:47 pm

*Arlene was finally on her way home after the lunch shift at Merlotte's. Terry had said he'd be home later, he was going have drinks with Patrick Devins. There was something not right about the friend from the past. Rene had warned her that he was bad news, but should she believe her dead ex-finance who killed numerous females. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Arlene was a little nervous to get home, Mikey was still acting strange. She swore he had to be possessed by Rene. Something was not right with that boy. She entered their quiet little home and smiled as Jamie the babysitter looked up from the couch. She asked hesitantly.* "Were they good?" *The girl nodded and smiled.* "Yes Miss Bellefleur, uh..little angels." *She said nervously. Arlene knew something was up. "Tell me...Did Mikey do anything...*Whispers* Strange?" Well, not strange really just stares into space alot and seems to have a little friend." *Arlene sighed and cursed Rene in her head. She grabbed the money out of her purse and paid the girl to get her out quick.*

*After she was home alone she felt uneasy. She hated being there alone. Rene was lurking and she knew it. Mikey was possessed or gonna be just like his daddy and truth was it gave her the heeby geebies thinking about it. She made the kids dinner and talked about their day at school. After everyone had their baths they all sat and watched television. Arlene watched Mikey play on the floor and bit her nails nervously waiting for him to do something demonic or crazy. She looked at the clock and wondered how long Terry would be gone.*
    Terry Bellefleur
    Terry Bellefleur

Demons of the past Empty Re: Demons of the past

Post by Terry Bellefleur Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:23 pm

Patrick pulls up in front of the house and I grab for the door handle for some reason I keep missing it. I close one eye and grab one last time. Success I nearly fall out of the door I stand there for a second I turn slightly to tell Patrick good night and I weave across the postage stamp yard to the front door. I pull out my keys fumbling to find the right key. I stab with my key at the lock, I sigh close one eye making one final stab it slides in and I turn the lock the lock clicks open I open the door knob and stumble in the door. As I walk in there's Arlene on the couch and Mikey playing on the floor jabbering to someone who's not in the room again. Arlene has that worried Mama look on her face again. She's been wearing that face much to much lately. I raise my hand and slurring,
    "Hey Baby I am finally home. How was work? I wish you would erase that worried look of your face Mikey boy has a imaginary friend, all children do that. What was that book you read to the kids about a little girl who's friend was a invisible kangaroo? Well I am going to lay down before I fall down, I think I shouldn't have had that last drink or three. Love ya Baby"
    I stumble towards the bedroom stripping off my clothes as I go, once down to my skivvies I sit on the edge of the bed which I proceed to slip off and land on my ass on the floor. I reach down pulling off my boots and my socks I get on my hands and knees grabbing the sheet pulling myself up off the floor into the bed. I roll onto my back my last thought being the hangover in the morning is going to be killer. I begin to snore.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:53 pm

*Arlene watched as Terry came in drunk as a skunk. This wasn't like him. He started babbling about work, then Mikey, then a kangaroo and then about drinking. All in one breath. She couldn't get a word in and stared at him with wide eyes. That damn Patrick Devins had done and gotten Terry three sheets to the wind. She watched him stumble to the bedroom as she looked back at the kids. "Okay babies, time for bed. Go on now get." *Lisa and Coby headed for their rooms as Arlene scooped Mikey up and saw him yawn. After the fire of the house they were living in, they moved in with the Bellefleurs for a while until Sam fixed up another rental for them. It had another bedroom perfect for Lisa to have her own room and Coby to share a room with Mikey. He argued about it, but Arlene won that battle. She laid a kiss on his head and sighed as she put him down on his back. "Mommy loves you very much Mikey....you just scare me is all." She looked up at the ceiling. "Dear God..please bless my child and don't let him be like his daddy." *She held her hands in prayer and closed her eyes. Turning the music box on she headed to her bedroom. Terry was laying across the bed in just his boxers, snoring. She folded her arms across her chest and kicked his foot. "Terry James Bellefleur! I cannot believe you went out and got DRUNK!?!" She said with a tone but still in a whisper as to not disturb the kids.*
    Terry Bellefleur
    Terry Bellefleur

Post by Terry Bellefleur Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:08 pm

I jerk instantly awake from Arlene's harsh whisper and her kicking my foot. I half slump sit and ask,
    "What's wrong Baby? The kids? The house on fire? What is it? Talk to me what is wrong? You are scaring the shit outta me GADDAMMIT tell me what is wrong?"

I stare blankly at Arlene's face trying to get a read on her.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:13 pm

*She stepped back wide eyed and gasped. He'd never raised his voice to her before. Never....She was shocked, scared, and disappointed. The rage she saw in his eyes were something she never thought she'd see in a man like Terry.* "I-I-*Her lip quivered and she tried to hold back the tears as she wrapped her arms around her body to hold herself together.* "Nothing is wrong...nothing." *She couldn't hold it anymore as she ran to the bathroom adjoining their room. She quickly closed the door behind her and locked it. She was now terrified that what Rene said was coming to bite her in the ass....hard*
    Terry Bellefleur
    Terry Bellefleur

Post by Terry Bellefleur Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:22 pm

Arlene's running into the bathroom slamming the door clicking the lock made something inside me let loose. I grab my chest not being able to breathe my limbs shaking, I raise one trembling hand clawing at my throat trying to breathe, I panic thinking I am having a heart attack, my chest feeling like something is being squeezed inside my limbs going instantly numb, the twitching makes me slide off the satin sheets onto the floor. I land with a loud thump suddenly air rushes into my lungs and I scream,

"Arlene for the love of God I think I am having a heart attack. Call the paramedics. Hurry out of the bathroom Baby I need you."
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:31 pm

*She heard the loud thump and then Terry screaming and gasping for her. She flew off the toilet with a tear stained face and rushed to his side. He laid on the floor breathing heavy and staring at the ceiling. She laid a hand on his chest and the other on the side his face.* "Terry, honey....look at me. Look at me...what is it? What's wrong?!" *She looked in his eyes and realized she recognized this look. He wasn't having a heart attack he was having a panic attack. She rushed to his bedside table and grabbed the bottle of pills with shaking hands got the dosage and the glass of water. Rushing back to his side, placing his head in her lap she tried to get him to take the pills* "Here baby, come on take this you will be okay. Come on Terry open your mouth. There you go...here drink this. Now swallow baby. Stay with me its okay." *She ran her fingers through his hair as he stared into space mumbling things from the war. Alcohol did this to him. Damn you Patrick Devins!*
    Terry Bellefleur
    Terry Bellefleur

Post by Terry Bellefleur Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:52 pm

I stare blankly at the ceiling hearing myself talk gibberish not exactly knowing what I was saying, with time I feel the twitching subside, the feeling come back into my limbs and slowly I come back to myself, I notice being on the floor and my head in Arlene's lap her face streaked with tears. I raise my hand to wipe away the tears realizing I must've had a panic attack. I feel guilt because when I drink it kills the meds and makes me go off. I stroke her cheek and say,

"Oh God Baby I am sorry, I forgot drinking makes my meds not work and makes me go off the deep end. I beg you to forgive me I promise from this moment on I will never drink again. Just forgive me Arlene this once. Jesus I am more sorry that you will ever know."

I sit up pulling her into my arms and rocking her like one would a child. I stroke her back knowing I make her worry more and she doesn't need that. I will try to be better. I won't drink and I won't spend anytime with Patrick anymore.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:02 pm

*She smiled as he came to still stroking his face with tears rolling down her cheeks. He sat up and begged for forgiveness. All Arlene could do was cry knowing it wasn't his fault. He still had PTSD and night terrors of his time in the war and the panic attacks only made things worse. She melted into his arms as he rocked her and stroked her back. She wrapped her arms around his chest and cried into his shoulder* "I thought I'd lost you...this was the worst one yet Terry. I couldn't imagine losing you. I was so worried about you. It's okay honey, I forgive you. Please just don't forget to take your medicine." *She looked up at him and kissed his lips softly. Still somewhat afraid of what may be lurking inside of him*
    Terry Bellefleur
    Terry Bellefleur

Post by Terry Bellefleur Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:29 pm

Her lips touch mine is a feather-like kiss. I try to stand and pull her up with me, I am not steady on my feet so I hold her to balance but I hold her lightly, I walk her around the bed on her side having her lay down and I hop over her and pull her into my arms holding her whispering into her hair,
    "Let's get some sleep Baby the kiddos will be up early to get ready for school and Mikey daycare. I love you more than anything else on earth Babydoll. Goodnight."
    I press my lips to her hair and still rubbing her back to see if she can relax enough to get to sleep.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:38 pm

*She laid there in his arms still frazzled from what the night entailed and knew she had to sleep or she'd be a mess tomorrow. In his arms was were she always felt safest, now she looked around the darkened room and wondered if Rene was watching her this very second. She squeezed her eyes closed and tried and fought to get some sleep. She clutched his chest for safety and whispered.* "I love you too Terry Bellefleur."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:25 am