For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

I Accidently The Whole Thing

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

I Accidently The Whole Thing Empty I Accidently The Whole Thing

Post by Alcide Herveaux Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:23 pm

*Waking up laying on a small table in a tile covered room the bright light hurting my head. Reaching up to touch my head feeling something sticky. Looking at my hand touching it scenting it's my blood.*

Great just Great I went a took a good one to the head.

*Thinking about what was the last thing I remember. I was at work and we were setting up the interior walls for the dream home. I heard a loud cracking noise. That's it. I large woman in olive scrubs walks in with a clipboard looking at my face with a scrutinized look,*

"Mr Herveaux you are awake. Do you know who you are and where you are? What day it is?"

*Looking at her like I fell down the rabbit hole sighing, must be routine questions for head blows,*

Since you said I am Mr. Herveaux I guess that would be my name, *affecting a bad imitation of the British spy* Herveaux Alcide Herveaux. Smacked not Shaken, with something very large Nurse Money Penny. I take it I am in the hospital, and it was Thursday when I last was conscious? *Flashing a brilliant smile* Was I even close Nurse Money Penny?

*The withering look I am receiving from the nurse tells me I am on the money. Sighing the pain is increasing, rubbing at my temples. She walks over touching my skin asking,*

"Is your head bothering you? We are sending you to get a CT scan with and without contrast so after that we can give you something for the pain. They should come get you soon."

*Lying back on the pillow closing my eyes thinking all at once wonder if anyont told Rikki? Looking around for my phone and clothing not seeing anything. Looking for a phone seeing one behind me standing up a wave of dizziness hits me making me sit down on the chair as I call Rikki's cell, leaving a voice mail.*

Hey Boo I am in the hospital, I woke up here I have a huge headache and a nasty gash. I don't know if you were contacted. I hate leaving this on the phone. I guess you will have to call the main hospital number and ask for me. I love you and wish you were here. Going to call Martha as well. Talk to you soon.

*A tallish gentlemen walks into the room with a smile. I stand as he reaches me he helps my weaving self back into bed. Pulling the covers over me. He opens his mouth and this squeaky voice comes out,*

"Ya ready to go to Radiology for a CT scan Mista Herveaux?"

*Nodding towards him as he kicks off the brakes and I am rolled out of the room into a maze of hallways to a elevator for a ride down to another maze of hallways to a huge room with a round machine and sitting there was a little girl and her mother. The little girl was jerking spasmodically, her Mother crooning to her a wordless song. Looking away to give them privacy. I feel her eyes on me as she covers her little girls face so she doesn't see the damaged place that was my head and face. She smiles,*

"Looks like you got a little banged up. Car accident?"

*Shaking my head in a negative motion which makes the room spin and my stomach feel unbalanced.*

No I had a little mishap at work actually.

*She nods slowly with a ghost of a smile.*

"Well look on the bright side you get a couple days off, from work with pay."

*With a bark of laughter I say,*

I am the boss so no time off, and no work means no pay for anyone.

*She extends her hand saying,*

"Forgive me my horrible manners I am Sandy. Sandy Gautier. This is my daughter Sasha. She's been doing a bit poorly and it's getting worse we are here for a CT scan to see what would be the matter."

*Taking her hand shaking it scenting the fear and the tremble in it, I take it with my other one patting it,*

I am sure they will get to the bottom of this for you and Sasha's sake.

*She nods sadly,*

"I have a son at home named Brian at home he's not doing well at all either, they said he's got a disease called Neurofibromatosis type I. There is no cure or drug protocols that work. That's why we are going to do a CT on Sasha, they think it could be this for her as well. My husband has insurance with his work but it doesn't cover it all."

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

I Accidently The Whole Thing Empty Re: I Accidently The Whole Thing

Post by Alcide Herveaux Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:09 pm

*Her news wasn't altogether a good thing, since they cannot afford the bills for Brian and if Sasha has the same affliction, it would double their problems. Shaking my head slightly.*

I am sorry for you and your husband. Could he work a 2nd job? I know you have your hands full with the children. I have a construction company if he wants work, I am sure he can pick up some hours on one of the crews.

*She touches my hand with a gracious smile.*

"That is kind of you to offer Mister but he's a general manager and works 90+ hours a week as it is. We make good money but the bills eat it all up. We were saving to buy a home, but this will wipe out what little we have. We qualified for a habitat for humanity new home, but we wouldn't be able to make the payments and upkeep if Sasha is diagnosed."

*Her voice cracks and she stops taking a deep breath.*

They were supposed to start the build in 10 days I will have to call them and tell them to pass the home onto the next person the list."

*Hearing the door open to see Rikki come in the door, with a strained look on her face, she walks over kissing me on lips, rubbing my cheek. I take her hand placing a kiss on the back of it.*

Hey Boo you got my call, I am sorry if I worried you so.

*Looking at the Sandy,*

Sorry Sandy I never introduced myself, I am Alcide Herveaux, and this is my fiancee Rikki Mercer. I was working on our dream home when this to happened. I think everyone should have a dream home. Do you mind me telling Rikki what is going on?

*Sandy shakes her head in a negative motion.*

Boo Sandy and her husband have 2 children Brian who's not here and little sleeping beauty there is Sasha. Brian has been diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis type I and they think Sasha might be suffering from it as well. In 10 days they break ground on their home with Habitat for Humanity. But the bills for Brian alone are crippling and if they find this for Sasha they will not be able to afford to own a home. I got it in a nutshell Sandy?

*She smiles at me nodding and Rikki*

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Alcide and Rikki, Yes Brian is diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis type I, it's symptoms are varied and can be hard to pin point. 1 in 3000 children are born with it. It can be managed with drug protocols but each case is different and it's not same pharmacology for all of Neurofibromatosis type I. So hitting on drugs that work is hard and takes time, trials and money. If Sasha is found to have it, yes we will not be able to own a home."

*Rikki takes my hand squeezing it, I knew she was thinking how fortunate we are, as well as I. Suddenly I have this idea looking at Sandy then Rikki.*

Sandy since I am a home builder by trade, and have extensive contacts in this area. If I can get your total housing cost down working hand in hand with Habitat For Humanity, do you think you would be able to still move in?

*Sandy looks at me with a incredulous look.*

Alcide why would you do this for a person you barely know. I would have to talk to Robert but I cannot see him saying no. This is the too good to be true.

*A lady walks up to Sandy saying it's time to go back for Sasha's CT scan. Sandy smiles at the lady I look at Rikki asking her,*

Boo do you have one of my cards for Sandy? I woke in this gown and have no clue where anything is.

*Rikki hands Sandy a business card and Sandy hugs her and pats me on my shoulder as she passes by with Sasha for her turn in the big machine.*

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:07 am