For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

4 posters

Full Moon Friday

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Full Moon Friday Empty Full Moon Friday

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri May 04, 2012 7:53 pm

*I had been at the bar since morning, except for my afternoon run to clear my head. The supply truck came just in time. It was Friday night AND a full moon. No telling what would happen tonight. Bon Temp had a way of always surprising you, never knowing what to expect. Sookie had the night off and I was certain she was spending it with Eric. I knew I was a lucky man to have Luna in my life, but I'd always love Sookie. I'd always care for her. Tara was shockingly quiet tonight and not telling many off. Maybe she finally chilled out. Holly and Arlene were my waitresses and Terry was working in the kitchen. Looked like everyone was at work. Maybe this full moon thing wasn't so bad after all. I threw the towel over my shoulder and looked up from cleaning glasses. It seemed to be peaceful...which worried me a little.*
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

Full Moon Friday Empty Re: Full Moon Friday

Post by Holly Cleary Fri May 04, 2012 8:00 pm

*I look over at the grill to see Terry has an order up for one of my tables. I rush over there grabbing it serving it refilling the tea and I run back for another glass of coke for the gentleman. Tonight is busy but oddly quiet no loud laughs or drunken customers yet. I saw that the full moon will be this weekend and that means Bon Temps is crazier than usual. I see Tara has that pitcher of beer and is waving at me to come pick it up. I thank her she rolls her eyes and waves her hands and moves off to wait on someone sitting at the bar. Sam is really quiet tonight as well. I guess I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.*
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Fri May 04, 2012 8:10 pm

*Arlene had been on edge since the night Terry went out drinking with his "pal" Patrick. That night Terry had a panic attack because of the alcohol. He couldn't mix medication with alcohol or his attacks would be horrible. She knew that he felt horrible about the whole thing, but ever since Rene warned her that Terry was bad news it worried her that the reason he was bad news was because of Patrick. Terry was such a gentle kind man, and she finally thought she'd found the right one. She trusted him with her heart and soul, but was weary on getting hurt again. Between demons from Terry's past and a demon baby, Arlene had alot on her plate. Maxine cleared her throat louder and Arlene snapped out of it.* "Sorry, Miss Fortenberry...what did you say?" *Maxine looked at Arlene with that look she got when she was satisfied with herself because she was about to "give it to ya". "I see help is hard to find round here. Get the corn outta ya ear girl. I SAID I wanted the fried shrimp dinner and a sweet tea with a lemon." *Arlene rolled her eyes as she wrote it down then looked back at Maxine.* "You could be alot sweeter with all the damn sweet tea you drink around here. Suprised you ain't diabetic Max-ine." *She said in a as a matter of fact tone. Turning before Maxine could say more she headed to the order window to drop off the order with Terry. She didn't know what to say to him.*
    Terry Bellefleur
    Terry Bellefleur

Post by Terry Bellefleur Fri May 04, 2012 8:28 pm

*Tonight is hopping, I am barely keeping ahead of the orders. Every chance I get I look at Arlene trying to see if she's doing better. Since the other night she's been walking around looking at me like I had grown another head. I promised her I would never drink again and not to worry so much but Arlene would worry if everything was a okay, she would be waiting for things to cave in on our heads. I overheard talk about the full moon, that means things will get even stranger here in Bon Temps. Arlene sticks a ticket on the order carosel. She gave me a nervous smile and hurried back to wait on another table. I sigh grabbing the ticket and start getting the order together.*
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri May 04, 2012 8:32 pm

*I noticed Arlene looking a little more on edge then usual. That woman would worry herself into the ground if she could. Then again, couldn't blame her with her track record. She'd been through a lot the past year or so. Things seemed to be going smoothly so I snuck off to my office for a few to give Luna a call. Her sweet voice answered and I smiled. "Hey beautiful. How are my two favorite girls." *My night was already getting better*
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

Post by Holly Cleary Fri May 04, 2012 8:45 pm

* Looking around to see if my last order I turned in is up, I don't see anything waiting I look over at the bar I see Tara worrying the crap out of some fruit with a knife. Sam seemed to have gone back into his office. This week has been strange to say the least. Sheriff Andy asked me out on a picnic lunch date, but cancelled at the last minute something came up at the sheriffs office. He sounded desperate and sad that I would be upset with him. I assured him I will take a rain check and for him to know I am not mad, I understand. I chuckle how sweet he can really be, he doesn't show that side to many. I think I might let him get to second base. I walk back to the table smirking.*
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Fri May 04, 2012 8:51 pm

*Arlene passes Holly who was smirking. She had been sweet on Andy lately. He needed a good woman in his life. Poor thing was fantasizing about making love to a woman in the woods who came from a light. She shook her head at the memory. Andy had some trouble with V and alcohol, but looked to be more sober. She walked to the order window and looked at Terry who was cooking and concentrating.* "Think I'm gonna call and check on the kids."
    Terry Bellefleur
    Terry Bellefleur

Post by Terry Bellefleur Fri May 04, 2012 9:01 pm

*Looking up at the sound of Arlene's voice hearing she's going to call to check the kids I nod at her smiling. Arlene is a good Mama even if shes spun a little too tight, and occasionally snaps, she means well. I think all of the kids will grow up fine. Mikey is my litttle man, I love that child so much. Not that I don't love them all. I just have a soft spot for that little man. I finish up the order hitting the bell to get say the orders up.*
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri May 04, 2012 9:08 pm

"Oh yeah, and what are you wea---" *I heard a knock at my door followed by Arlene's voice. Sam, Can I use the phone in your office, its noisy out here. *I sighed and stood from my chair. Calling out to her* "Yeah, sure Arlene. Come on in." *I scratched my head and asked Luna if I could call her back later. After hanging up I looked at Arlene and asked if everything was ok and all she could do was nod. I shrugged it off, I wasn't getting in another man's affairs. Whatever it was, was between Terry and Arlene. I motioned towards the phone as I left my office and went to check on things in the front, giving her privacy.*
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

Post by Holly Cleary Fri May 04, 2012 9:30 pm

*Arlene gave me sign language to watch her tables she was going to use the phone in Sam's office. I nodded and waved her off. I walked by with the sweet tea pitcher to make sure Maxine and Summers teas are topped up or she would be bending Sam's ear to get a free dinner and stiff Arlene on a tip. I see a couple walking in I motion for them to sit anywhere, grabbing 2 menus following them to a booth. I take their drink orders, walking over to the bar to give them to Tara, she rolled her eyes at me when I said please and thank you. I can't help being polite, my Momma said treat other like you would like to be treated. I see an order up for Arlene I run over there picking it up from Terry. I don't know what's up with him and Arlene I hope they get it straighten out and soon. I am sure Arlene is going to explode if not.*
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Fri May 04, 2012 10:09 pm

"And how's Mikey....he doing okay? Hasn't done anything....weird has he?" She asked with tremble in her voice as she played with the phone cord. Rene was giving her the heeby geebies and she felt like he was always watching her. He was determined to ruin her relationship she just knew it. "Okay then. We'll be home in about another hour. Okay...alright. Bye-bye." She hung up the phone her nerves still unraveling. She took a deep breath and shook her hands. Clearing her throat she went out of Sam's office and headed to the front. She stopped in front of the kitchen and updated Terry on the kids. Coby had fell asleep after eating some ice cream and Lisa asked to stay up late to watch Degrassi. Mikey was being good playing with his toys and now was fast asleep. She found it hard to believe that nothing weird had happened. Or maybe he only did things around her. She knew Rene had to have something to do with it. She made her way back to the tables and stopped in her tracks when she saw Patrick sitting by the pool tables. Anger filled her and she stomped over to him, careful not to alarm Terry. "Listen up buddy, I don't mind you being friends with my husband....but DO NOT let him drink. His medication doesn't work right if he drinks. So help me God if you do anything to bring back his anxiety I will kill you myself." She said as she waved a finger in his face. I'm sorry Arlene, I didn't know." "Damn right, you DIDN'T." She said and turned to go back to waiting on her tables. She didn't trust him and she really didn't know why.
    Terry Bellefleur
    Terry Bellefleur

Post by Terry Bellefleur Fri May 04, 2012 10:23 pm

* I pulled the basket outta the fryer dropping the fried shrimp onto paper to rid itself of excess oil. I look up and see Arlene talking to Patrick and from her body language she is telling him to stay away or else. God I love that woman she would fight the world for people she loves. I promised her I will never drink again and I will try to steer clear of Patrick to lighten my Babys load. I drop the shrimp on the plate with some coleslaw and fries and ring the bell.*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:09 pm