For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Delegating the future...

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Delegating the future... Empty Delegating the future...

Post by John Quinn Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:38 pm

Quinn woke to Vincent calling to him.

"Sir, You said to remind you about the interviews. They are scheduled to begin in about an hour and a half. I thought you might want time to clean up before meeting people...and perhaps a bite to eat.."

Quinn chuckled as Vincent left the room.

"One of these days, he is going to outsmart himself...I hope I get to see it..."

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Delegating the future... Empty Re: Delegating the future...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:46 pm

I had just exited the shower when I heard the sounds of Quinn and Vincent talking about interviews. I didn't know he was hiring anyone, but I was interested. I needed a job that paid a little more than Merlotte's if I were to continue paying Bill, not to mention the newest "issue" with the remodeling. Somehow the light tight shields had gotten stuck in the up position and I was luckily able to hide in the shower until sun down. Quinn didn't know about that yet, but I was able to get the number of someone from Pam. Alcide Herveaux, he was a wolf and had his own construction company. She and Eric did business with him, so I knew I'd need an extra job soon. I grinned and quickly dressed in my best business attire and pulled Vincent's shirt as he passed the door, pulling him in. "Tell Quinn his first interview is here..." I said with a smile.

"But Miss Hamby--"

"JUST do it, please." He shook his head with a smirk and went announce the first interview. I just hoped he took me seriously. I walked in and took a seat on the white chair across from him and looked down gathering my thoughts before I looked up to face him.

"I'd like to apply for the job."

Delegating the future... 21eonxl

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Quinn looked up from his desk to see Jessica grinning at him...

"Um...what? What job are you applying for?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:30 pm

"I heard you were looking to fill a position, I remember reading over a file when I was...you about the positions you had open. Well I'm interested." I said in the most casual business like tone I could manage, I wanted him to take me seriously.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:34 pm

"I thought you were working at Merlotte's...."

He looked at her questioningly...

"Too stressful?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:36 pm

"No not stressful, more like I-see-ex's-all-the-damn-time..." I shook my head and smiled, collecting a breath and continued, "Sorry, no I planned to work there too, you know for extra cash, unless this job pays enough." I ran my tongue along the inside of my cheek and placed my hands on my crossed knees business like.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:44 pm

Quinn chuckled...

"I can see how that could complicate things..."

He looked at her more seriously...

"Now what do you know of the job you say you want to apply for?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:53 pm

"From what I read you need a Attache Liaison for Central Southern Region, which I'd be perfect for." I stood and walked towards his desk, leaning on my palms that were placed softly on the desktop. "And let me tell you why. I'm King of Louisiana's progeny, I can show the clients a good time and work as the go between so that you do not have to associate with vampires who don't particularly....care for...weres or humans. I have a high standing in the vampire world and with this job I can pay for the house Bill purchased, and earn his respect that I'm no longer a baby...vamp." I gave him a smile, confident in my answer.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:12 pm

Quinn Chuckled....

"Especially high standing from those who saw you dance at Fangtasia, I bet..."

He grinned...

"In all seriousness, if you think you can handle the job, I'll consider it...but it will take up a lot of your time..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:16 pm

I tried not to let his words anger me, he had a point. No one would take me seriously, not with all I'd done lately. Pushing myself up from his desk I nodded and folded my arms across my chest. "Very well. Consider it all you'd like, I think I could handle it. Maybe...maybe then we'd have more time together." That wasn't fully why I wanted the job, not...fully. Okay so I missed him, was that a crime. Weren't we...like together? I sighed and shook my head from my thoughts, smiling and waiting for his answer. Trying to control my thoughts of not thinking how good that shirt looked tightly secured against his skin...oh god, here we go. No, focus this was business.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:21 pm

Seeing her eyes harden for a moment he sighed...

"If you want the job, it is yours, but you need to watch your temper. A single glance can mean volumes, a hard look at the wrong time can break a deal."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:24 pm

"All I can say is I promise to try. I just...if you think it's not a good idea, I understand. I can always look for something else. I want to earn this job not be given it because you feel guilty, or because I'm...your...well whatever I am." I darted my eyes away from his and knew I sounded ridiculous. This was going to be a long night. My cell chimed again and I quickly glanced at yet another missed call from Hoyt. Did he NOT have enough to say to me last time? Maybe I should change my number.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Quinn listened as she spoke, and read her body language for the rest...it had taken her a lot to ask for this....

"The job is yours, with the understanding that you will have a trial period where your position will be limited, until you feel more comfortable in it."

He reached in a drawer and tossed her a "smartphone" with the EEE logo on the screen.

"It is to be on you at all times, and fully charged."

He smiled to her....

"You have the chance...what you do with it will be seen..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:35 pm

I smiled and caught the phone, seeing the EEE icon on the wallpaper. "Yes sir. I really thank you for this opportunity." I'd finally gotten up enough nerve to actually approach him for a job only because I wanted to earn it and now was my chance to show him I could, to show Bill I'd grown, to show everyone that I wasn't what they thought I was. I just wanted to be taken seriously and given a chance. "So I guess I should uh...get to work or something?" This moment was sort of awkward, seeing as how I really wanted to kiss my...boss? That made me smile wider.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:38 pm

Quinn grinned at her as she looked at the phone...

"Job doesn't start till tomorrow...so tonight...."

Quinn pulled her close, crushing her lips with his own in a deep kiss...

As he pulled back for a moment, he whispered....

"tonight is just for us..."

He leaned in and kissed her again....

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:45 pm

I smiled and looked up as he came around the desk to pull me into him. His words close to my ear made me close my eyes and smile before his lips were against mine again. His kisses never seemed to falter, never seemed to get old or tiring. I brought my arms up and wrapped them around his neck as I kissed him back with everything I was feeling for him. It brought me back to the times we'd spent kissing one another just because we couldn't stop.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:25 am