For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Plans

Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Plans Empty Plans

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:12 pm

Tomorrow is goin' to be my first night off in a long time. Well, it feels like a long time anyways.. Terry's off, too, makin' it even better. His family has offered to watch my kids while we go out...somethin' we rarely get to do anymore. This is all I can think about while at work tonight. Life has been runnin' pretty smoothly for us, and I am very happy for that.

Maybe this is the reason when Tara Thornton walks into the bar, I don't really acknowledge her much. Sure, she's a vampire now, so that makes me uncomfortable, and I keep my distance. But still, my thoughts about tomorrow keep me from avoiding her at all costs. At least when she looks at me, I smile. She don't look all that much different, and if I didn't know better, aside from her slightly different demeanor, I wouldn't even know she was a vampire. I notice when Tara and Lafayette go outside, and I go on about my business while continuing to think about tomorrow's plans.

Terry won't tell me where he's takin' me, and I've been tryin' to figure it out all day. Still, no matter how much I've guessed, he hasn't budged. He's good at them poker faces, that's for sure! Lisa let on like she knew, but even she wouldn't budge. She must be takin' lessons from Terry on how to keep a straight face; she used to be no good at keepin' anythin' secret.

By the time I get off work, my kids will be long gone to the Bellefleur mansion, on account of them stayin' the night there, and they'll be there all weekend. Even though I will miss them, it will be nice to have one on one time with Terry all day tomorrow, and after our shifts at work the rest of the weekend.

Tomorrow is definitely goin' to be the start of a great weekend!

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:05 pm