For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Shrevepost summons..

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Shrevepost summons.. Empty Shrevepost summons..

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:09 am

Quinn's phone began to dance on the table as he ate breakfast. It beeped and he knew there would be a voice-mail. He finished eating and glanced at the phone, seeing that it was Compton's private cell. He accessed the voicemail and heard...

"Quinn. Bill Compton. I need you to come to my home immediately. Tomorrow evening. It is about Jessica"

He immediately keyed Vincent's cell into the hotel room's speakerphone and spoke while he got dressed.

"Vincent, change of plans. Call the Marriott and tell them I need a helicopter on the roof pad in ten minutes. Full tank.
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Shrevepost summons.. Empty Re: Shrevepost summons..

Post by Vincent Davis Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:12 am

Vincent saw the number on his cell and flipped the phone open...
    "Vincent, change of plans. Call the Marriott and tell them I need a helicopter on the roof pad in ten minutes. Full tank."

Vincent was startled at the urgency in Mr. Quinn's voice and stuttered as he responded.

"Of course, Sir. I'll call them as soon as I hang up. Are there any other instructions, Sir?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:17 am

"Of course, Sir. I'll call them as soon as I hang up. Are there any other instructions, Sir?"

Quinn thought carefully before answering....

"Prepare for trouble. Something is wrong. I won't be coming directly home. If I am not on my cell, I will be at the Compton Estate."

Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:20 am

"Prepare for trouble. Something is wrong. I won't be coming directly home. If I am not on my cell, I will be at the Compton Estate."

Vincent paused at that...the last time something was wrong, Mr Quinn had been in a bad way by the end of it. Vincent did hope he would be more careful this time.

"I will make the appropriate arrangements, Mr. Quinn. All will be ready if you need it."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:22 am

"I will make the appropriate arrangements, Mr. Quinn. All will be ready if you need it."

Quinn smiled to himself. Vincent was a godsend sometimes. He hit the hangup on the phone and adjusted his shirt a bit before heading toward the stairwell to the roof....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 8:44 pm