For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

American Vampire League Broadcast

American Vampire League
    American Vampire League

American Vampire League Broadcast Empty American Vampire League Broadcast

Post by American Vampire League Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:37 am

As the commercial ends the camera pans out to show the newest American Vampire League spokesperson and activist, Steve Newlin. Across from him is a reporter that replaced the late Jeff McCaffery who was mindlessly slaughtered by Russell Edgington. A banner scrolls across the bottom of the screen with breaking news alerts from Washington D.C.

Rebecca Jones turns with a smile to Steve, "Reverend Newlin, I understand you are the newest spokesperson for the AVL, what happened to Nan?"

Steve Newlin
    Steve Newlin

American Vampire League Broadcast Empty Re: American Vampire League Broadcast

Post by Steve Newlin Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:46 am

Steve smiled gently giving his southern charm he used to use for television appearances when he was fighting for something. With a calm and cool tone he answered her, "Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but unfortunately Nan has met the true death and I am her successor. I want to clear up any and all misconceptions there might be, coming from me you must know it's with the utmost honesty that I say vampires are no threat to anyone." He nodded and smiled looking straight into the camera.
    American Vampire League
    American Vampire League

Post by American Vampire League Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:50 am

Rebecca smiled back and looked down at the cue cards in her lap. "Thank you Reverend. Now, what do you say to those who saw you transform into a woman on national TV? And the incident in New Orleans a few months back where countless bloodshed was discovered in a warehouse on the outskirts of the town." She looked up at him, waiting for his answer.
    Steve Newlin
    Steve Newlin

Post by Steve Newlin Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:58 am

He shifted in his seat and knew this question would come up. After watching Russell killed right before his eyes, he'd gone into hiding for a while to grieve the loss of the one man whom he loved that loved him back. Now he was ready to face the world and avenge his death. Giving his charming smile once more, he began. "That I can say was not me obviously, the only conclusion I can come up with is that someone was trying to make the AVL look bad and give me a bad reputation. I guess we aren't alone in this world, as they always say." He chuckled and gave a wink. "As for New Orleans, there was a massacre due to a war that had broken out between vampires that is now completely eradicated. The details of that are completely confidential. I cannot speak about the circumstances, look at it as our white house headquarters."
    American Vampire League
    American Vampire League

Post by American Vampire League Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:59 am

Rebecca nodded. "I completely understand. You mentioned we are not alone, is there other supernatural creatures besides vampires that live among us? Aliens? Werewolves perhaps?" She asked eagerly with a glint in her eyes hoping he'd reveal some super secret world.
    Steve Newlin
    Steve Newlin

Post by Steve Newlin Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:27 am

Steve grinned and shook his head. "Not that I'm aware of there are not. Even if I did know, who am I to out someone that isn't ready to be revealed." He was also speaking of himself and being a gay vampire american, something he wasn't ready for the world to know. He knew about the other supernatural creatures but if he revealed their existence it would spark a war between the two and he could not be held responsible for that.
    American Vampire League
    American Vampire League

Post by American Vampire League Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:29 am

She nodded then turned to face the camera and announced, "Breaking news from Washington, we have video of the vampire speaking at the D.C rally for equal rights among the vampire community. Smiling, the screen flashed to a video.

Steve Newlin
    Steve Newlin

Post by Steve Newlin Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:45 am

Steve watched the video and took a sip from the mug on the coffee table between them swallowing the sweet royal blend true blood. They thought it best to conceal what he was drinking instead of having a bottle of true blood out. While the cameras were not on them, the makeup team touched them both up as the video played. The director counted down until they were live again. {5,4,3,2...} Then pointed to the reporter who smiled and looked back at the camera. Steve did the same.
    American Vampire League
    American Vampire League

Post by American Vampire League Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:18 am

"Hi, I'm Rebecca Jones and I'm here with Reverend Steve Newlin who is shedding light on vampires since he himself was turned against his will. We now have joining us, Sarah Newlin and the newest Fellowship of the Sun Reverend Jacob Greene." Rebecca smiled and stood as the look on Steve's face changed from a smile to a confused frown. Sarah and Jacob entered holding hands with everyone applauding them. They took a seat on the side of Rebecca after shaking her hand and Sarah giving her pageant smile and wave. Crossing her leg over the other, Jacob sat next to her and placed his hands in his lap. He was wearing the FoTS pin on his label and had a refined essence about him. Jacob grinned and looked from Steve to Rebecca, waiting on her first question.

American Vampire League Broadcast 600full-matthew-davis

"Good evening Jacob, Sarah...thank you both for being here. What is your take on Vampire Rights?"

Sarah cut a hard glare at Steve and said in her deep southern accent, "Well, I don't think they deserve any rights. They are dead, the laws of nature do not apply to deceased people even though they walk around they are not living, they're like...the living dead."

Rebecca looked at Steve and asked him a question, "Is it hard seeing Sarah after all this time?"
    Steve Newlin
    Steve Newlin

Post by Steve Newlin Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:22 am

Steve just gaped at them as they entered the stage. He knew nothing about them being here and wasn't prepared to see his wife so soon. This was the first time since he'd been turned. Swallowing hard and looking at Rebecca he grinned and nodded. "Well, it is something. I can honestly say it's not something I thought would happen today." He turned his attention back to Sarah and nodded once, "It's...good to see you Sarah, how are you?"

Nothing had prepared him for this, and the Fellowship had a new reverend...and he seemed to be closer to Sarah than he liked. He wasn't bad looking either.
    American Vampire League
    American Vampire League

Post by American Vampire League Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:24 am

Sarah stared at him with no expression and said coldly, "I'm widowed..." She blinked once and turned to look at Jacob. "Least I have a good man now." Jacob grinned and placed a hand on Sarah's knee. Rebecca's eyes widened.

"Congratulations, Sarah. Is this the new Reverend we've been hearing about and are you still running the Fellowship of the Sun? What do you think of the recent events in New Orleans?"

Jacob answered this time. "I have taken the position of the Fellowship's Reverend after meeting Sarah at a convention in Dallas. She had my attention and I couldn't pass it up. We now operate it together like it should have been. We're partners in this."

Sarah smiled brightly and squeezed his arm she was holding then added, "He's great, the best Reverend we've had by far. As far as the events in New Orleans I heard about, I just think it goes to show you that vampires are dangerous and if they can just kill their own why couldn't they mindlessly kill humans...innocent humans and children. They are an abomination and should be destroyed." Her words were sharp and cold, when she said destroyed she met Steve's eyes with a stare.
    Steve Newlin
    Steve Newlin

Post by Steve Newlin Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:42 am

He watched the exchange between Sarah and Jacob and knew they were together. Her words hurt him, even though he didn't love her anymore he still cared for her. This Jacob guy was really starting to piss him off. Narrowing his eyes to Sarah and he leaned forward and placed his arms on his legs. "You're one to talk about things that are an abomination. Isn't adultery an abomination, Sarah? We're still married and here you are frolicking with this man. How very unholy of you." The audience gasped and she narrowed her own eyes at him.

American Vampire League
    American Vampire League

Post by American Vampire League Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:44 am

"We are no longer married, you are declared dead and therefore I am a widow and free to be with whomever I want." She looked at Jacob and smiled, then turned back to Steve.

He nodded and sat back drumming his nails on his leg. "Don't you realize how ridiculous you sound blasting vampires for being against God? I was turned and I know from first hand experience that we live peacefully. And even though I'm dead now, I wasn't when you were sleeping with Jason Stackhouse, now was I?" He felt a slight bit of pain at the mention of his name because he did love Jason so much.

Sarah gaped at him and shook her head. "You threw me into his arms because of your cold heart, you were more focused on the church than you were pleasing me. But that's okay because now I have a man who cares about me AND the church, but I come first." After that she flashed her ring and Steve stood, baring his fangs.

"If you think he'll be any better than I was you're wrong."

She stood. "He.Already.Is. He's not a vampire, he's a real man." The audience gasped and Rebecca stood in between them with a smile. "We'll return after a short word from our sponsors."

The camera's cut and Rebecca sighed and looked between them all stepping back to get a drink of water somewhere else. Sarah sat back down next to Jacob who leaned over and whispered in her ear, making her smile and giggle.
    Steve Newlin
    Steve Newlin

Post by Steve Newlin Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:46 am

Steve watched them and retracted his fangs, shaking his head he buttoned his jacket and leaned in close to the couple. "Don't think I won't kill you just for the hell of it." Grinning, he was gone in a flash and headed back to his home he'd purchased in secret no one knew where, and no one ever would. He missed Russell so much, and part of him...really wanted revenge on the bitch who made him look bad on television. And he wanted his dog back...soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:02 pm