For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

A chance meeting

Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

A chance meeting Empty A chance meeting

Post by Amy Williams Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:23 pm

Amy smiled. She'd finally gotten to enjoy herself with this field trip to the bar Merlottes AFTER Hoyt's mother had left. Gods that woman was infuriating. She looked at Amy like she was dirt and kept saying how nothing was good enough for her "baby"

Hoyt was a grown man and the woman just wanted to keep him tethered to her forever. Even Hoyt looked more relaxed once his mother had left. She looked around, wondering if one of the waitress could refill their drinks. She was thirsty and it seemed even hotter here in the town of Bon Temp than in Shreveport.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

A chance meeting Empty Re: A chance meeting

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:39 pm

-she couldn't shake that familiar feeling, the feeling that something here was more than human. It wasn't a vampire, it wasn't a were or a shifter. It felt more like when her cousin, Claude, was around. It was warm, inviting.-

Hey, what can I get ya'll?

-she stared at the woman sitting across from Hoyt, unable to tear her eyes from her; she took a breath and listened as hard as she could, but found nothing out of the ordinary.-
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Amy smiled. Hoyt placed his order, looking lovestruck. She looked at the menu to make sure she was ordering the right thing.

"Yes..can I get the country fried steak with fried green tomatoes and some sweet tea?" she asked, looking up at the blonde waitress. Instantly she could tell this woman had fae in her, it was faint, very faint, but unmistakable.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:01 pm

-she continued to stare at the woman, a small smile growing on her face as she repeated the order-

I.... I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere, okay?

-she looked at Hoyt and shook her head, giving Amy a knowing grin as she turned and headed to turn in the order- ORDER UP! Lafayette, tell Sam I'm going on my break. Arlene can take my orders.

-she all but ran back over to the table, reached for Amy's hand and stared at her intently-

Can I talk to you for a sec? Just a minute.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Amy blinked. She was taken aback but Hoyt smiled and waved his hand. She could hear his thoughts and although he found her harmless she was related to the infamous Jason that made him angry.

"I'll be right back sweetie" she whispered to Hoyt before going with the waitress.

"Is there something wrong miss?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:12 pm

-she shook her head and grabbed her hand, grinning slightly at the minute tingle that ran through her fingers. Walking briskly, she led the young woman to Sam's office and shut the door behind her.-

I know what you are.

-she said softly as her eyes looked up and down the woman in front of her. It always amazed her when she found another fae. She shook her head and laughed a bit before going to sit in the chair behind Sam's desk-

Sorry, I'm being rude. I'm Sookie. Sookie Stackhouse. I just get so excited when I see another -she lowered her voice and inclined her face a bit- Faeries.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:17 pm

Amy chuckled. Stackhouse. She'd have to make a note of that name.

"I'm Amy Williams" she said as she leaned against a nearby desk with some papers on it.

"I guess your light still exists to be able to sense me. But you're not.. pure.. and you're not a half-ling..." she said, trying to figure out just how much fae this Sookie girl had.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:22 pm

-she shrugged her shoulders, not knowing if she should be insulted or if she should just go with it; she decided to just go with it-

My Gran slept with a fairy by the name of Fintan. Then she had my daddy who then met my mama and had... me.

-she smiled at her and shrugged her shoulders again-

I'm not full blooded. In fact, I'm really not much of a fae at all. My microwave-fingers -she wiggled her hands for emphasis- aren't working that much anymore. So all I really am is a sorta vampire-crack, but much less so than you. You're.... You're a lot more than me.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:27 pm

She blinked. If she was blood related to Fintan then.... shit. When she mentioned her "microwave fingers" which she assumed was her way of describing her light blasts she chuckled.

"That skill is based on your light. You must have not been around the sun too often. It's the way fae...recharge our batteries" she said. She then said vampire crack and she shuddered. There were plenty of vampires in this state which didn't bode well for her.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:33 pm

-she nodded-

Ohhhh... The sun.

-leaning farther back in the chair, she propped her feet on Sam's desk and linked her fingers together-

As for the vampire thing.... Just so you are forewarned, vampires do come here sometimes. A lot of times, in fact. I live across from Bill Compton; he's a vampire. And my... -she tried to think how to word it, but knew it wouldn't do any good to sugar coat, so just said it straight out- my husband is also a vampire. His name is Eric Northman. He comes around her sometimes, too. Plus the others. One of the waitresses is a vampire; her name is Jessica.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:35 pm

She was making mental notes of all of this. At the mention of Sookie being married to a vampire she blinked.

"You married one of those things?" she blurted out before shaking her head. "None of my business. Gods...I wish I was back in Alaska where there are no vampires now..."

"Anything else I should know?" she asked. She wasn't going to ask why Jason Stackhouse made Hoyt angry, that was something for Hoyt to share when he was ready.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:42 pm

-frowned-

That's really about it, I guess. My husband owns Fangtasia in Shreveport. He's really... I.... -she frowned more- Yeah.

-she stood from where she sat and held her hand out to Amy, still not quite sure what to think about her; she was a fae, and God knew she could use friends, but then again this lady seemed almost unapproachable.-

I'm sure Hoyt is missing you. Thanks for talking to me and hopefully we can talk again sometime soon.

-she smiled and opened the door, allowing Amy to step out in front of her before heading back behind the bar to finish her shift-
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:44 pm

She nodded, then smiled softly. "Relax Sookie... I'm not one of those sheltered, kill all vampires fae. I hold no love for the creatures, but live and let live is what I believe"

She walked to the door then turned her head. "If you ever need to know about your fae powers, or just fae in general, look me up" she added as an afterthought before she went back to the main bar where Hoyt was waiting for her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:17 pm