For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

He's a dog!

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

He's a dog! Empty He's a dog!

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:02 pm

The shocked faces of the Merlotte's customers from last night remained in his mind. He had shifted into a collie in front of his friends, customers and strangers. Causing some to think it was cool, some to leave without paying. Frightened some, did nothing to others--it was a mixed reaction but he wondered if he'd done the right thing. After closing he called Luna and told her what happened. She wasn't very accepting of his revelation to the world, calling him irrational and idiotic. She was worried and had every right to be. After calming her to make sure she was calm for the baby, he promised he'd watch his back but she needed to do the same since Steve was out and about now. He'd already been shot once because of what he was and that was a time when no one knew the truth. He was a walking target now.

When the lunch rush came, he was a bit shocked at the lack of rush. He wound up sending Holly home for the day since there was no need. There were three customers...total. Maybe it would pick up later. Whispers and looks followed him around the bar and he had to admit he was getting a bit annoyed by it all, now he just hoped the bar didn't suffer for his choice.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

He's a dog! Empty Re: He's a dog!

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Kiara walked into Merlottes. It was the middle of the day and despite being tired, after a "rowdy" night with Bill she'd worked up a serious appetite. Convincing the guards to stay in their cars less she hurt them she figured she could get some food to go but as soon as she walked in she paused. The place was dead.

She wondered if it had something to do with the news from last night. She wasn't sure if Bill had seen the reporter who shifted on national television and already she'd had to deal with some of her co-workers who weren't sure if they should reveal themselves or not. She'd reveal herself if it wasn't for the bigoted humans.

Making her way to the bar she spotted Sam and offered him an encouraging smile. "Man... who died and kept the rush out?" she asked as she sat down.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:13 pm

He was wiping down the bar when Kiara walked in, recognizing her from a few months ago when that vampire had taken her out of here. By her smell he knew she was a were of some sort, he assumed a wolf. Curiosity made him wonder if she shifted when others did. Sam grinned and shook his head. -Guess that's what happens when everyone in Merlotte's finds out the owner is a dog. Literally. I don't know what I was thinking, I guess I thought it'd make it better.-

He moved an arm to show the empty bar. -Wrong. I forgot how much people talk and don't accept things they don't understand. Who was I kidding to think they'd changed.- Tossing the rag to the side he huffed out a breath and leaned against the bar. -Can I get you anything?-

Arlene slowly walked up, cautiously and looked between the two. "Uh, S-Sam w-we're all outta napkins. There's..there's none in stock." He sighed and shook his head. -Damn already? I thought I just ordered more, I'll go check.- She held her hands up. "Please don't bite me, I'm sorry!" With that she rushed in the opposite direction. Looking back at Kiara he shook his head again. -See what I mean.-
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:25 pm

Kiara rolled her eyes. It was sad that his business suffered over something he couldn't help. People thought of shifters and weres as killers, just like vampires when really shifters just wanted to live in peace.

"I can see that..." she said, looking at the redheaded waitress who reeked of fear and scorn. She clearly wasn't happy that Sam had turned out to be a supe. "Take your time" she said as he left to check on those napkins. She looked at the menu. Everything sounded so good. When sam came she smiled.

"Give me... three burgers Lafayette all with bacon, an order of fried chicken, two orders of bbq ribs, a large side of dirty rice, two orders of corn bread, some collard greens and...two slices of pecan pie.... to go" she said, chuckling at Sam's baffled expression. Bill had insisted she eat more, apparently she was now too skinny. Well, she was a wolf and she could eat with the best of them.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:32 pm

Sam came back slightly frustrated that they were running so low on all supplies, apparently no one filled in the order this month. Not bothering to grab an order pad, he listened to her order then realized he'd need one. Both brows rose in surprise at the list of food she called out and he jotted it down on the order pad next to him. Looking back up he looked at her and creased his brow.

-That all for you or are you throwing a party?- There was no way she could eat all of that, could she? Bringing the slip to Terry he left it on the wheel and went back behind the bar to ring her up. Turning back to her he smiled. -That'll be 86.74.-
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:37 pm

She chuckled, leaning her chin on her left hand. "All for me. What can I say? I'm a growing girl" she said innocently as she pulled out her wallet and handed him a $100 bill "keep the change... I'm sure your cook could use the tip" she said with a smile.

She wondered if she should call a few friends, give Sam's bar some good publicity. "You know... my workers and friends have been looking for a new place to hang.. Shreveport is just too...vampiery for them" she said, letting her voice trail off.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:42 pm

He took the money and rang it up in the till, taking the change and setting it aside in Terry's jar of tips. Handing her the receipt he leaned back against the bar and slid his hands in his pockets, chuckling. -Growing girl huh? Well I'd pay to see you eat all that.- No doubt she couldn't but he'd never seen it. She was so....tiny.

Sam's face perked up. -These...friends. Are they...like you and I?- A fellow patron came up to the bar and interrupted, slurring his words. "So lemme get thissssss straight, you're a dawg, like woof woof?" He laughed out loud at his own comment and continued. "Do you chase cars in ya spare time? Are the doggie bags named after you?" Laughing harder the drunk shook his body and his beer tipped spilling on Kiara's blouse.

-Alright buddy, I think you've had enough and it's time to leave.-

"What are you gonna do bark at me?"

Sam grit his teeth.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:46 pm

Kiara gasped, the beer soaking her blouse. Oh HELLZ no...

She got up, her eyes flashing orange as she grabbed the man by the collar "You have 1 second to leave this place or I'm going to tear your balls off, shove them down your throat then use your gut as a chew toy" she said in a low, but lethal tone. Hunger and a ruined blouse did not a happy Kiara make. She growled, low and feral to show she wasn't joking and hoping that her very real threat would get through his drunken mind.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:50 pm

The drunk stumbled back and looked around nervously. "What she a dog too? She sure acts like a bitch." With that Sam hopped over the bar counter and grabbed the man by his shirt, making him drop his mug of beer and walked towards the exit. He tossed him to the dirt of the parking lot and pointed his finger at him. -Listen here you biased piece a shit, I don't need you or your money in my bar. Now get the fuck outta here!-

Chanting made him look up and shake his head slowly. -Ah shit.- There were protesters with signs that read [Humans Rule, Human's world, Against Nature, Against God] The list went on. -I suggest you all take those signs out of here before I call the Sheriff!- He shouted, to no avail. No wonder business sucked.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:55 pm

Kiara had stepped out and saw the crowd. She rolled her eyes and looked off to where two black mercedes were parked. She jerked her head. "Make yourselves useful boys and clear the premises for me?" she asked. At once 6 armed, huge men came out. Quickly and almost scary efficiently they made the crowd disperse.

One of them approached her, already holding a spare shirt for her. "Will there be anything else Ma'am?" he asked. Kiara took the shirt and shook her head. "Not for right now Brian, thank you" she said. The man nodded and they all returned to their cars.

At Sam's puzzled look she merely held up her left hand where she wore her engagement ring. She walked back inside and sat back down. When Sam returned she answered his original question before the drunken slob had interrupted them.

"Some of them are like us... others are not, but those that aren't are the accepting smart kind, people I've worked with for a long time"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:11 pm

He gaped at the way Kiara's...bodyguards? Went after all the protesters and cleared out the parking area. Nodding in acceptance and thanks before walking back in behind her and the guards. Walking back around the bar he grabbed a beer for each and set it down in front of the guards. -Thanks for that.- Turning back to Kiara he nodded. -Well all are welcome here unless all they want to do is tell me how unnatural I am, then I'll pass. Some rock you got there, I guess the rumors are true. You and vampire Bill?- First Sookie, now Kiara. What did this man have going for him? He once almost ate Sam, and he didn't forget easily how he refused to help.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:20 pm

She nodded. "Me and Bill, and trust me, these people wouldn't do that. The supes are all good guys, most of them have been in the army or old cop buddies of my dad's"

She tugged at her soaked blouse "Ugh... I'll go change out of this...I feel sticky" she said as she got up and walked to the bathroom. Thank goodness the guards always carried spare clothes for whenever she shifted. Taking off the ruined blouse she exchanged it for the clean one.She walked back to the bar and smiled.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:23 pm

He nodded and let her go change. Terry rung the bell while she was in the bathroom and Sam began to put the boxed food in bags for her to go. Setting it all on the bar all that he waited for now was the chicken. Grabbing an extra slice of pie and putting it in the foam box, he closed it and placed it on top of the others in the bag. When she emerged he smiled. -Sorry about that, I'll pay for the dry cleaning. Some people are just stupid.-
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:25 pm

She shook her head "Don't worry about it... it's just a blouse" she said as she sat down. "mmmm..smells good" she said, able to smell all the food which made her stomach growl.

"So what do you say? Mind making your bar a new hangout for my crew?"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Terry rang the bell again and Sam went grab the box of fried chicken slipping it into a bag and placing it on the counter next to the other boxes in bags. Nodding he leaned back against the bar counter and grinned. -I don't mind one bit. It'd be nice to socialize with more like us, and I could use the business. Send em on over, I'll make sure they get the proper treatment. Although, I can't vouch that these backwoods hicks will be nice if they find out what they are.-

He leaned over the bar closer to her and whispered. -Are you gonna...you know? Shift- He said in a whisper, wondering her take on coming out.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:44 pm

She chuckled. "Don't worry... between the cops, the marines and my guys, no hick would want to mess with them" she said as she sniffed the food, her mouth watering.

She blinked at his question and shrugged. "I don't know... I mean the people who need to know already know, not many left to tell. I don't think it's being done right though. Humans can't accept vampires, let alone us"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Sam nodded and agreed with her, as an after thought added. -I guess I thought showing them that I was harmless would help our cause. Not make it worse.- Shaking his head, disgusted with the way they were taking things he shrugged and gave her a smile. -Thanks for everything though. I appreciate your help and I'll probably be placing another order with your company for blood. That is if business picks up again.-

He extended his hand to shake hers and added. -I hope you enjoy the food, still can't believe you're gonna eat all that.- He started chuckling.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:02 pm

She chuckled and shook his hand "Trust me... this won't last 2 hours in my presence" she said as she got up. Two of the guards who had been drinking a bit came up and carried the food to the car.

"I'll see you later Sam... don't be surprised if you run out out food one of these days" she said as she followed the guards outside, already digging into one of the bags to dig into the cornbread.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:05 pm

He chuckled and nodded. -We need actual customers to run out of food, although I'm positive you may do that alone. Thanks for stopping in.- He waved and nodded to the guards in thanks for what they did tonight. After she was gone the looks and whispers continued, he shook his head and mumbled. -Damn hicks-

Turning the television to another channel he watched as more and more shifters and weres were shifting on television and people screaming. Dear God what had the world come to?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:42 am