For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

No time for games

Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

No time for games Empty No time for games

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:00 pm

She woke and lifted her body out of her coffin, smiling a bit at the talk she and Tara had the previous night about the future. Tara expressed her desire to travel and see the world, Pam grinned and shook her head, sarcastically. "Well, I wish I knew the future..."

Stepping out of her coffin she made her way to Tara's only to see an empty space. What the hell? She rushed up the stairs to her office and looked around. Things were different, not like she'd left it last night. Completely different art work on the walls and no photos of herself and Eric. Now she was pissed. This April fools crap was getting old, April fools had passed and whomever did this would pay.

Entering the main bar area she stopped in her tracks and looked around with a high quirked brow. The place looked like something out of a high tech movie with updated everything. The employees that were stocking the bar and setting up sound stopped in their tracks and stared at her for a moment, fear invading their eyes. Placing a hand on her hip she looked around and sighed. "Okay, John Quinn you got me. What the fuck is this?" He was the only one capable of such advanced technology and would be him to think this would be funny; She wasn't laughing.

"Miss Pam..." A meek high voice said and she turned her head to the right and looked down at the short woman. Raising both brows she turned completely to face her, or well look down at her. "And who the hell are you?" The woman blushed deeply and she could tell she was human, nervous and scared at that by the way her heart pounded. "Here are your messages and blood for the night." She offered up a small piece of paper and a nice crystal glass filled with blood. Taking the blood and paper, she brought it to her nose and inhaled the scent. It smelled oh so sweet, she took a taste and closed her eyes. "Damn, what the hell is this?" The woman smiled, "A choice from your personal selection downstairs. One of your favorite blends."

"Where's Violet?"

"I'm sorry who?"

"Violet Asher, my assistant."

"Oh I'm sorry, yes I remember you speaking about her. Don't you remember Miss Pam?"

"If I fucking remembered don't you think I wouldn't be asking you."

"Right, yes of course. My apologies Miss Pam. Miss Violet has since passed on. Her husband Daniel quit shortly after." The girl cleared her throat and looked down fidgeting.

"Passed on? What the fuck did I miss, what are you talking about?" She looked at the paper in her hand then back again, taking a second look. The date read 4-12-35. "What the hell is this some kind of new phone number?"

"I--uh--I'm not--" The woman studdered then stopped speaking to look at the slip. "Oh that's today's date. April twelfth Two thousand and thirty five." Pam gaped at her and shook her head.

"Haha, you got me. Tara? TARA! Get your ass in here!!"

The workers all stopped working and left the room hastily. She looked around waiting for Tara, Eric or someone to come out. The woman looked down, sad. "Okay what the fuck is going on here? I don't have time for games, I've got a damn business to run. Where's Tara, Eric?"

"Miss Pam, I'm not sure what's caused your memory loss but Tara, your progeny is also passed. Mr. Northman and you have not spoke in ten years at least." Her eyes widened and she slapped the woman, causing her to gasp and bring her hand up to her red cheek.

"Don't fuck with me doll face. Now is not the time."

"Miss Pam, I am only answering your questions. Now if you'll excuse me I must go reschedule the meeting with the Queen. You're in no condition for that."

"QUEEN? What?! Wait, come here!" The woman practically ran away from her and Pam looked around. This wasn't funny, at all. Eric...gone? They weren't speaking? Tara....dead? The anger and hurt rushed to her as her hand tightened on the crystal, causing it to shatter in her hand. Her own blood mixed with the blood from the glass and she just stared at the stage where Eric's throne used to be. Now...it was gone, and in it's place a new bar.

No time for games Tranzylvania1

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 pm