For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Fighting For The Future

Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

Fighting For The Future Empty Fighting For The Future

Post by Jason Stackhouse Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:36 pm

Jason Stackhouse had been calling Sookie for the past several hours now, and she had still not answered her cell; he glanced around at the clock oh the wall of his hospital room and noted the time. She was probably with that damn fanger husband of her's...again. It had been a week or two since he had last seen or spoken with her.

He hit dial on her cell again and it still continued to ring and ring, but still no answer. Hanging up he tossed his cell onto the hospital bed.

"Shit!" he groaned.

He couldn't stand being in here, he hated hospitals ever since he was a child, ever since his mamma and daddy died. No one has been to visit him, no one had called to see if he was alright. He remembered when he injured his knee is high school that Sookie, Grams, Rene, Tara and Hoyt had come to check on him. How things had changed.

He wished things could go back to the way they were, before all these damn fangers had come out of the coffin. He would have everyone back. Since there was nothing else he could do apart from rest, he let his eyes drift close.

Jason, Jason sweetie. Wake up!

Jason's eyes fluttered open and he saw his momma.

"Your back" he said surprised

I never left sweetie. I am always with you. Always

"Where is daddy?" he asked.

Your father is busy, he is preparing

Jason looked on confused.

"Preparin? Preparin for what?"

For you mission sweetheart. You need to be strong baby

Jason nodded as he pulled up his blanket to his neck sinking further into his hospital bed.

"Sing to me mamma...please...The one you used to sing to me" he asked.

His mamma, smiled at Jason as she began humming the song that used to send Jason straight to sleep when he was scared of the lightning as a child.

Humpty dumpty sat on a wall

Jason grinned like a child again, this was always his favorite song. His daddy used to call him humpty dumpty.

Humpty dumpty had a great fall

Jason smiled at her, a single tear forming in his eye as he sat their quietly listening to his mamma.

And all the kings horses and all the kings men

His momma reached over and tucked the blanket in around him and laid her hand on his own, he felt like he was home.

Couldn't put humpty back together again

The song had finished and he wanted more.

"One more time...please momma" he pleaded.

Another night sweetheart. You need your rest. You have a mission to prepare for

"Momma...What's the future like?" he asked.

Oh sweetie, the future is big and bright. Your going to save a lot of lives

"Really?" he asked looking pleased.

Now go to sleep, you need to rest up

"Stay with me, until i fall asleep?" he asked, worried that his momma would disappear.

Until you fall asleep

Jason smiled as he pulled the blankets up around his shoulders, relieved that he could rest peacefully. He rested his head on his soft pillow as his eyes closed as he caught a glimpse of him momma smiling at him brightly.

"I wish i knew the future" he whispered before his body drew him under to a deep and powerful sleep.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:30 am