For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

The Last Call Home

Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

The Last Call Home Empty The Last Call Home

Post by Jason Stackhouse Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:38 am

Jason knew that in a few hours he would be back up in court, he had to speak to someone. He looked at the clock on the wall through the cell bars, Gran would be at Descendants of the Glorious Dead club that she always went to, it was her pride and joy. So he knew that calling Grams was a bad idea, he had refused too see anyone. he knew that Grams had tried to visit him, but he had refused all contact, from his friends, Rene, Hoyt and Lafayette.

But now with the court case where he would find out what he would be sentenced too in a few hours, the impending thoughts of being locked away in a cell for the rest of his life, scared the shit out of him. But the jury people had already found him guilty. His attorney tried to fill his head with the fact that he may not receive a harsh sentence, but Jason knew otherwise, he had seen enough...well he had seen Judy Judy.

But he couldn't help shake this feeling that he had to do this. After speaking to the guard, he had been allowed one phone call, so he called his sister Sookie. It went straight to voice mail;

"Hey Sooks. Its me Jason..How Grams? Stupid question, i don't think with my head no more. Look, they said I am guilty. Look, Sookie. I just want to say, I am sorry. I love you Sookie. And tell Sam, if he don't look after you..well i am gonna kill him......Bad joke. I don'ts want you comin to see me. Ever, you hear me. I don'ts want you and Grams here. Its no place for you or Grams. Look i gots to go now. Tell Grams I love her. Bye"

His voice hoarse and dry, fighting back the tears that were falling heavily down his cheeks as snot clung to the end of his nose. He let the phone drop from his hand as he collapsed against the wall, his eyes red with tears. In a few hours he would find out his fate.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:04 am