For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Thrill of the Hunt

Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

Thrill of the Hunt Empty Thrill of the Hunt

Post by Nora Gainsborough Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:30 am

Sitting in the Boardroom of The Authority, Nora listened as The Guardian, Roman, droned on and on about mainstreaming being the only future for vampires. Withholding the urge to roll her eyes, she plastered a smile on her face and nodded in seemingly agreement as he continued his speech which did not seem to have a point, or an end to it.

Stealing a glance at Salome, Nora's true teacher, she thought of the times that were to come; times that Lilith truly willed to come to life. When they would be the predators that they once were, before deciding to coexist with them in peace. The simple thought that they were having to fight for rights and debate with these...lower beings was abhorrent to Nora's sensibilities.

Her mind began to drift back to the days of old, when she was a predator and killed without remorse or reservation. Thoughts about the rights and wrongs of killing humans did not exist. They were merely sustenance, a means of survival for her kind. Although then, they had to hide their existence, which Nora thought was preposterous. Humans should be the ones in hiding, not them. The food chain was supposed to be designed where the prey hid from the predator, not the other way around. She smirked as she remembered how much she loved to hunt, to outwit her opponent and take them when they were least suspecting it.

The hunt was always the best part. This was always Nora's most fervent belief. She loved the thrill of holding herself back when every muscle in her body ached, no, screamed at her to make her move towards her chosen human, a beautiful young woman probably around twenty years of age. Nora loved the way the girl's chestnut hair cascaded over her shoulders and just underneath that hair Nora knew would be creamy white skin, as soft as velvet that she yearned to feel against her lips just before breaking it's surface to drink the thick, warm nectar flowing just underneath.

Laying in wait as the girl says goodbye to her friends, she watches as the girl begins to ascend the steps leading to the dismal little apartment. Nora's muscles tense, like a chambered bullet just waiting for the woman to pull the trigger. 'Almost there my lovely, yes just a little more,' she silently spoke to the girl, urging her on with each step, feeling herself becoming more excited and the hunger gnawing more fiercely within her. She almost cried out with relief as the woman got to the exact spot that Nora wanted her to reach.

Moving as fast as a flash of lighting, Nora moved behind the girl and clamped a firm hand over her mouth, silencing any screams that she may have tried to make. Moving into an alcove she let her fangs slip into place as the girl's eyes grew wider and filled with frightened tears. This was the part that Nora always loved most, watching the human's panic make their blood flow faster through their veins, the adrenaline releasing making it that much sweeter. She loved to savor the moment, always wanting to make the torment last. Slowly, Nora brushed the girl's hair away off of her shoulders and moved her face closer to the girl's porcelain skin all the while watching the girl, who was now paralyzed with fear as she became more and more afraid. Nora rubbed her face against the silken skin, at times brushing it with her fangs lightly and smiled sadistically at the whimpering sound that the girl now made. Finally giving in to the hunger she bit into the flesh and tasted the sweetness flood her mouth so quickly, she almost could not drink fast enough. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head as she took the girl's life into herself. As the once beautiful creature of her desire began to drop to the floor, Nora allowed her to slump over like a rag-doll. Wiping the blood that had spilled over her chin away, Nora kicked the now lifeless body slightly more out of the way so that it would not be found right away, walked slowly down the steps and out the door as though she were no different than any other person walking those same streets.

"Nora? Nora? Are you alright, my dear?"

Nora was shaken back to the present by Salome who was looking at her with slight concern. Nora smiled softly up at her teacher as she stood.

"Yes, I am fine Salome, I'm sorry. My mind went somewhere else for a moment, I suppose." Seeing the curious look in Salome's eyes, Nora elaborated, "I was just thinking of the past, and how life for all vampires will change in the future."

Leaning back slightly, Salome grinned brightly, "Yes, times will change, and soon, everything will be made right by Lilith. Everything will be perfect."

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:08 am