For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Updates with fangs

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Updates with fangs Empty Updates with fangs

Post by Alcide Herveaux Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:17 pm

Alcide had finished the work on Jessica's house earlier in the day. The secret sleep room that only he had known about lined with cedar then padding to make it more comfortable. Looking over everything to make sure it was clean and no tools were left. He nodded in approval. Leaving the house locked and getting in the truck he drove to the hotel.

Shucking off his shoes and sitting down he realized he had to call the fanged customer to let her know it was finished. Inwardly signing he picked up his cell and dialed the number waiting for her to pick up while he looked toward the shower and took a drink of sweet tea.
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Updates with fangs Empty Re: Updates with fangs

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:22 pm

I was sitting in the master bedroom awaiting Quinn's return when my cell began to ring. Smiling, thinking it was him I saw the number and sighed. Then remembered I hired him to work on the safe room and quickly answered. "Hello? This is Jessica."
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:26 pm

"Miss Hamby, the work is done and your account is billed. When you are back in town I'll lead you threw the improvements and extra features we had discussed." His deep voice seemed to vibrate the phone as he spoke to the fanger.

Looking at the bacon cheese burger he just wanted one bite but had to wait til she was off the phone. Then a shower, then bed.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:31 pm

I smiled and almost squealed, I'd forgotten all about the safe house and renovations to my house. Maintaining my calm I nodded and answered coolly. "That's great, I can meet you tomorrow night at my place to go over those things. Unless you wanted to do that now? I wouldn't want to keep you from anything." His voice seemed gruffer than normal.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:34 pm

"Whenever is good for you. I'm good for either time." He tried to relax his tone but he was still edgy for some reason. Scratching his nuts as he waited for her to think over the time.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:37 pm

I checked my date book that was next to the bed and smiled. "Yeah, I think Wednesday would be best. Seeing that Quinn has a meeting that night and I need to meet you alone." I penciled in a time on that date but left the why off. "After sundown, probably eight at best."
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:40 pm

"Then I'll see you at 8 pm on May 1st. I hope you have a good evening." Hanging up the phone and putting the date and time down, along with a few annotations as to the nature of the meeting. It was time to dig in and then shower. Yawning as he took a huge bite, he leaned back and relaxed even with that strange feeling lingering.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:17 pm