For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Red and Pink pedals

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Red and Pink pedals Empty Red and Pink pedals

Post by Alcide Herveaux Sun May 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Alcide stood on the green grass with two dozen red and pink roses. The sweet smell wafting up to hit him square in the face. Taking a breath, his chest heavy as he looked around. The sky a beautiful and perfect shade of blue with a few wispy puffs of clouds in the sky. The Shreveport sun making it an already warm day, but it was still nice with the pleasant breeze that seemed to know just how to blow threw. The tall pines swayed almost a welcome to a place as old as time. He could even hear the stream that ran not a quarter mile from this spot that held all kinds of fish.

Finding the stop his mom had taken him when he was just a young boy, he spread the black and white checked blanket she had loved so much when they had picnics here. The thick grass a cushion under them when they would look up and discuss what the clouds where. Carefully spreading it out and laying there now, he sat the flowers beside him where his mom would have sat had she been with him today. The lump in his throat grew.

Thinking back he could still remember the ham she had used, and the smell of her perfume, the way her hair would blow in the wind. Everyone else in the pack today was celebrating with their mom and this was his way to be close to his. Closing his eyes he thought of the beautiful face and every hug and each kissed away cut and scrap. The pain of her loss ached deeper, but no like it use to.

Looking up with the birds singing around it was almost like the melody of her voice when she would tell him she loved him. Scold him for some stupid shit he had pulled or something great he had done at school. She would pat his shoulder and tell him what a great job that was. He wondered if she would be proud now?

Slowly he decided to talk to her, no one was around and it seemed like a good idea. His deep bass voice came out low almost to low for anyone to hear. "Mama, I miss you, and I love you. I miss you still, I brought your favorite flowers to our favorite place. I thought you would like it. I hope your proud of me, sometimes it's hard and sometimes I'm not proud, but I do what I think is right for the pack. I love you mama. I haven't found the right one, but I'm lookin."

Getting up he wiped away the dampness from his cheeks he didn't realize had happened. Carefully picking up the flowers and blanket, then leaving the flowers under the tree that had the heart with his parent's initials carved into it he shook out the blanket and folded it up. Time to walk back to the farm and put it back in it's place before getting back to the pack, a pack master couldn't afford much time away and he spent to much. Looking around he smiled when a single pink and red pedal floated to his hand. You never knew who was listening.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:12 am