For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Facing your reflection

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Facing your reflection Empty Facing your reflection

Post by John Quinn Thu May 16, 2013 7:36 pm

Quinn woke up in the suites Shreveport with his head swimming from last night’s events. He could still smell her scent on him. As he moved into the shower he tried to sort things out. How had he let that happen and how had he let it go so far. He had brought her there to help her, not seducer. He was not sure what felt worse. The pain that he had caused Kiara or the pain that Jessica would feel if she ever knew. He had to get his head straight, but first he had to wrap his head around it. Fortunately fate had given him at least one good bit of news.

Jessica would still be in Romania for another two days thankfully. Quinn needed time to think things through. He knew he should tell her what had happened with Kiara, but how to tell her and what to tell her was still a mystery. Since he was in Shreveport, he didn't even think about where he was going to go. There is always one place he felt comfortable, so he got in the car and headed toward Fangtasia. If timing went well and hit the lights right, he would get there right is that opened. All he did think about right now is that he needed a drink.

As he pulled into the parking lot, he sat in the car and looked at himself in the mirror. He knew it would raise suspicions as he sat in the car too long, so he got out and adjusted his jacket before going into the club. All he wanted to do right now was get smashed. Fate had been kind enough to give him time to figure this out but right now he couldn't even face himself with what had happened. As he walked in, he nodded at the doorman and headed straight for the bar.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Facing your reflection Empty Re: Facing your reflection

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Thu May 16, 2013 8:01 pm

She leaned against the wall behind the bar and watched Tara and Violet along drinks to the drunken rednecks and sorority girls there for girls night. Although annoying, she knew it was extra profit so remained silent. Nora was off feeding somewhere private, she liked her privacy. Pam didn't care really it meant she was away from her and silence from her irritating voice.

Her brow arched at the newest patron. Violet went to serve him and Pam stepped forward giving violet a break. With her arms folded across her chest she looked around then dropped her gaze back to him. "John Quinn, what on earth brings you here? On a date with your princess?" She asked with a smirk.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu May 16, 2013 8:15 pm

"John Quinn, what on earth brings you here? On a date with your princess?"

"No...she is still in Romania for a few days discussing some business with our eastern partners. I felt like a drink and this place is more comfortable than most to me. If you are going to be taking over for the waitress, I'll take a double shot of Talisker to start. Might as well bring the bottle over...I'll probably be here a while..."
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Thu May 16, 2013 8:18 pm

She continued to grin at his obvious tormented self, grabbing the bottle he requested and pouring him a double, setting the bottle down next to him. Tilting her head to the side she pushed the glass over towards him and smiled, just slightly. "Trouble in paradise I see? The only time I see these pathetic humans wasting their time drowning their problems in alcohol is when the have relationship problems." It was interesting to see him so...troubled, and it peeked her curiosity.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu May 16, 2013 8:24 pm

"Trouble in paradise I see? The only time I see these pathetic humans wasting their time drowning their problems in alcohol is when the have relationship problems."

Damn...maybe this had been a mistake. She couldn't know though...there was no way she could. She had to be guessing...

"Well...nevermind...it's nothing...just so much drama lately in the area. It can take it's toll on things..."

He slammed down the shot and poured himself a second before continuing...

"...She works for me now, you know...doing a great job too...it's just that..."

He downed the second shot, and refilled the glass, then sat silently staring at it...
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Thu May 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Listening she rolled her eyes, not wanting to feel like a therapist but having nothing better to do...why not get the latest gossip on the King's little vampire progeny and her tiger lover. Cocking a brow as he stopped speaking she waited a moment then spoke.

"And....you're just not satisfied with her...blandness? Or are you feeling guilty for something?"

She smirked at the thought that the tiger went back to his old womanizing ways.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu May 16, 2013 8:35 pm

"And....you're just not satisfied with her...blandness? Or are you feeling guilty for something?"

His eyes flashed up to Pam for a moment, then back to the bottle. She couldn't know...it wasn't possible.

"No...no...there is little that is bland with her. She's actually a very creative little minx...but between both of us working....and these trips out of town..."

He knew he would not be talking about this...especially to HER...but he was still rattled from last night and the alcohol was taking it's toll on his judgement. He stared into the bottle as if it were a crystal ball for a time before downing another shot.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Thu May 16, 2013 8:39 pm

Pam's grin grew, she leaned against the bar and looked out at the dancing crowd. "I see, it's the guilt of being unfaithful...or perhaps you think your little minx may be getting her rocks off out of town." Looking back at him she held her grin and waited for him to confirm what she already knew...that one of them had cheated and life for them was not all rainbows and fuckin' unicorns. Their little fairy tale had made her sick truthfully. No one is every that happy...ever.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu May 16, 2013 8:53 pm

"I see, it's the guilt of being unfaithful...or perhaps you think your little minx may be getting her rocks off out of town."

He felt his face flush for a moment and stared at the bottle...

"No...nothing like that. It just leaves so little time for us these days...and with everything else going on...with Compton keeping secrets and all...the search for the vial...just so much going on lately...and now I have to talk with Jessica about yesterday....and..."

He stared at the nearly empty bottle and fell silent...
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Thu May 16, 2013 8:58 pm

At the mention of Bill and his secrets along with a 'vial' one that Nora was so adamant on proving that Compton had, it made her grimace. Pushing away from the bar she grabbed her glass of royal and took a sip rolling her eyes as he fought over his inner turmoil.

"I never liked that boy scout and I still don't. Do me a favor and don't ruin my mood, keep Compton out of this conversation. Now, about yesterday...what happened. Might as well spit it out I don't get paid to listen by the hour...but I'm bored."

She grinned and placed her palms on the bar top, leaned in closer to him by his ear and whispered. "Something tells me, the tiger has been naughty."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu May 16, 2013 9:12 pm

"I never liked that boy scout and I still don't. Do me a favor and don't ruin my mood, keep Compton out of this conversation. Now, about yesterday...what happened. Might as well spit it out I don't get paid to listen by the hour...but I'm bored. Something tells me, the tiger has been naughty."

"As you wish but I hate to disappoint you, Pammie, it was nothing as fun as that. I had to tell someone very close to me and a friend to Jessica something extremely painful...and things got a bit complicated...but you know how complicated things can get when personal histories get involved..."

He poured the last of the bottle into the shot glass, knocking the drink back and nearly dropping the bottle in the process. He looked at Pam's reflection in the bar's mirror and wondered why she was being so accommodating...she couldn't know everything that had happened...
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Thu May 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Piecing it together as he spoke, she grabbed another bottle of Talisker and set it beside him. "One, don't call me 'Pammers', two, this is what happens when those pesky emotions get involved. By history I take it to mean...Kiara, the finace of the boy scout King who happens to be your little princess girlfriends daddy dearest. Am I following correctly?" She asked sarcastically and continued. "So I also take it by your actions and that awful lingering smell on you, yes I know you've showered...but wolf stench is well...foul. So by this smell and your regrettably mournful and guilty mood with the way you're drinking my alcohol like water you found in the desert I'd say, you royally fucked up and cheated. Some things....they never change Quinn. Don't know why you thought you would be any different."

With that she turned around to ring up another customer, occasionally looking at him through the mirror to gauge his reaction.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu May 16, 2013 9:22 pm

"One, don't call me 'Pammers', two, this is what happens when those pesky emotions get involved. By history I take it to mean...Kiara, the finace of the boy scout King who happens to be your little princess girlfriends daddy dearest. Am I following correctly? So I also take it by your actions and that awful lingering smell on you, yes I know you've showered...but wolf stench is well...foul. So by this smell and your regrettably mournful and guilty mood with the way you're drinking my alcohol like water you found in the desert I'd say, you royally fucked up and cheated. Some things....they never change Quinn. Don't know why you thought you would be any different."

He watched her reflection for a moment then started laughing...even while opening the new bottle and pouring another shot. He turned toward her and grinned.

"Nice try, Pam...but I've seen fangbangers with better intuition. Yes, I met with her yesterday, but nothing as colorful as that happened. As for my drinking, I am just trying to relax...but we do need to talk soon....on other matters..."
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Thu May 16, 2013 9:25 pm

She grinned and closed the register, turning to face him and lost her smile along with all emotions on her face. Blankly staring at him with a hand placed on her hip leaning to one side. "You may be able to fool others John, but not me." She gave him a wink and walked over to the other end of the bar to grab a True Blood for another customer and handed it over. Walking back to where he sat she smirked. "Oh and that'll be 73.80 for your relaxation. Now what matters would you care to discuss?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu May 16, 2013 9:39 pm

"You may be able to fool others John, but not me.Oh and that'll be 73.80 for your relaxation. Now what matters would you care to discuss?"

He paid for the bottle and walked past her, heading toward her office, catching the edge of a table along the way for support. He glanced back to her as he reached the hallway.

"Coming, Pam?"
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Thu May 16, 2013 9:41 pm

Cocking an amused brow, she stepped around the bar and passed him in the hallway, opening her office door and waiting for him to walk in. "What can I do for you John? Have a seat." She went around to sit in her leather chair behind her desk and waited.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu May 16, 2013 9:51 pm

"What can I do for you John? Have a seat."

He walked into the office, leaving the door open as he leaned against the endtable.

"I don't think that will be needed. What you can do for me is a small thing compared to what I am about to tell you. You are going to want to clear your calendar for tomorrow night. I am about to give you a way to clear your debt with me. Don't ask questions, just make sure we will not be interrupted."

He turned and walked out the door, pulling it shut behind him without waiting for her to respond. He chuckled as he made his way back out to the club. He grabbed the bottle off the bar and called a car service to come pick him up and take him back to the hotel for the night...he didn't feel like being around people anymore...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:08 am