For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Heart to Heart

Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Heart to Heart Empty Heart to Heart

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Sat May 25, 2013 2:57 pm

Pam opened her coffin and stepped out, watching and waiting for Tara to do the same. Things were getting serious and she needed to talk to her progeny about serious shit that she hated to bring up or even think about. It was hard enough when Eric did it to her. She took a seat on the stairs of the dungeon and remembered when Eric had released her in this very spot, telling her to continue their bloodline and be the best maker she could be. Staring down at her hands, her mood was somber and it wasn't often she showed the vulnerable side to herself. Looking up, she watched as Tara stirred for the night.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Heart to Heart Empty Re: Heart to Heart

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sat May 25, 2013 3:11 pm

*Tara arched her back slightly as she opened her coffin door she looked over at Pam, raising a brow for a moment her Maker did not look please, and there was a very odd look on her face...one Tara did not notice it was almost...empathic, now Tara was amazingly curious she sighed and stopped and said.*

"What the fuck did they do now?"

*Tara asked, meaning Sookie and Lafayette.*
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Sat May 25, 2013 3:22 pm

Pam chuckled and shook her head. "We need to talk." She watched Tara as her face went from curious to worried and let out a sigh. "Sit down." Waiting for her to do so, she turned and locked eyes with her. Pam's face was stoic, almost blank with a hint of sadness.

"Humans are retaliating. It's been on the news, the bar is suffering. I don't know what will happen but if something happens to me, you need to know a few things."
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sat May 25, 2013 3:30 pm

*Tara immediately was defensive, her usual response to any danger, she learned from a very young age, that if you responded to something, that upset you, or even scared you, it made you look strong, or at least that is how she perceived it, which is why people nearly always thought she was angry...that wasn't the case, she was just smart enough to make people think she was always angry, anger was hostile, mean, even nasty, but at least it wasn't showing weakness, she couldn't take that, she so rarely let her emotions out that when she did...it was like a volcano, which is why when she was genuinely upset, she nearly broke into pieces.*

"So...remember the whole speech about them not being able to hurt us, and being ours to savor, besides, Eric's like 614, Nora's gotta be up there in the age bracket and you...shit your fucking unstoppable...what the fuck you worried for?"

*Tara asked, sitting down next to Pam, with her arms over her chest.*
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Sat May 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Pam laughed, it was humorless more or less amused. Shaking her head she looked at Tara and grinned at her words. "Eric is far older than that. I'll tell you like someone once told me. Everything ends...even the immortals. Just because we're vampires doesn't mean we don't have any weaknesses. They're coming for us Tara, whether we like it or not."

She stopped speaking and seemed to go blank for a moment, null of any emotion as she spoke coldly. "There are bank accounts you'll have access to. Continue our blood line but don't just turn any jackass you feel like. Our blood is sacred." She turned to look at her. "If I meet the true death you will own my half of this bar. Don't fuck it up."
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sat May 25, 2013 3:47 pm

*Immediately Tara's body language shifted...she looked down at her hands, at the wall, at the coffins...anywhere but at Pam, she suddenly realized the dire importance of what Pam was telling her...and for the first time in a very long time, she was scared, she bit her bottom lip, and said nothing for a moment, and then shook her head.*

"Naw fuck that, fuck them, and fuck this, You didn't live all these god damn years to fucking die, by some humans of all things, you lived through wars, kings and queens, for all I fucking know Jesus, Eric is like a God, fucking Bill was a God, there isn't anyway in hell that some fucking hillbilly foke, are going to come up in here or anywhere else and fuck mine or your shit up, we survived an evil god, and the leaders of all vampire bullshit, there ain't no way your fucking dying on me....I won' allow it, it's simply fucking not going to happen."

*Tara said, but inside she wasn't nearly as sure, and she really didn't want to show Pam just how much this subject was effecting her, she remembered when her ma ma was in the hospital after one of her drinking binges, having alcohol poisoning, in a coma, staring at her through a hospital window, this is what that felt like, she felt helpless...and that scared her to death.*
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Sat May 25, 2013 3:55 pm

Pam couldn't help but grin at the spicy comments that Tara made. "Tara, it's time you stop clinging to the hope that everything will be okay. Sometimes shit just happens okay and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. There are more of them than there are of us."

She stood and walked away from her, her back to Tara. "Don't be stupid okay, just don't be stupid. I don't want a fuckin' lecture how shit will work out, I want you to be prepared for the worst."
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sat May 25, 2013 4:07 pm

*Tara exhaled, and frowned...the worst...no...no...not the worst, she had never really been *alone*, I mean sure her Mama had been crazy, but she had Sookie, all that time, and when Sookie wasn't there Gran was, even after all the shit her Mama pulled with the demon, possessing her, she had Mary Anne, granted the woman was a few fries short of a happy meal, but she still had her, and then there was Eggs...sweet Eggs, whom she loved, sweet Eggs, whom she bonded with, fuck she even had Sam, even if they just fucked around...sometimes flesh simply needs flesh, but she had never been alone, the thought of it, made a sickening ball in her stomach clench, if she were human, she knew she would have vomited....alone, she couldn't imagine being alone, everyone had someone, Sam and Luna, Sookie and Eric, Jessica and Quinn...she finally realized her ultimate horror...other then becoming her Mama which was virtually impossible now that she was a vampire, Tara shook her head, and fumbled absently with her lighter, and lit a cigarette, puffing slowly on it, she looked over at Pam, and shook her head again.*

"What can we do?"

*Tara asked, grimly.*
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Sat May 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Pam grimaced at the foul smoke smell and turned to face her progeny with a cocked brow. "We wait..." Shrugging she grabbed her cell from her pocket and quickly sent a text to Eric about the club and the profit loss. Things were going down hill and fast. She didn't like the fact that they were losing revenue and she loathed the fact that humans were making vampires cower in corners simply because they were outnumbered. Putting her phone away she looked up at Tara and folded her arms across her chest. "Wait...and then fight. But we can't attack first, so don't get any stupid ideas."
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sat May 25, 2013 4:24 pm

"I've had what would be called stupid ideas since we started this whole fucking conversation."

*Tara says finishing the cigarette, nearly in one drag, If Pam was scared, there was more then likely a good reason, true humans outnumbered them, but Tara's curiosity finally gets the best of her and finally she asks.*

"What the hell caused this? I mean aren't we above them on the food chain, who, or what thrust us back?"

*She asks shacking her head.*

"And why aren't we all sticking together, isn't there strength in numbers or am I the only one who thought that through?"
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Sat May 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Pam rolled her eyes and sighed. "Of course there are strength in our numbers, but some vampires rather fight their own battles." She shook her head and walked up to Tara, placing a hand on her cheek and looking into her eyes. "Focus on staying alive, even if it means I die. Do you understand me? Don't be stupid and try to be a fuckin' hero." Dropping her hand to her side she looked away.

"Get ready for tonight, we still have a bar to run." She walked towards the stairs and moved around Tara not wanting to talk about it anymore.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sat May 25, 2013 4:48 pm

*Tara watched Pam go upstairs, and waited for the door to shut, she made sure she heard Pam's heels click, further away from the door, before she said, under her breath.*

"I'm not going to watch you die....not after...The way we...."

*Tara sat silently in the darkness for a few moments, and for the first time in a long while, she felt warm tears flowing down her cheek, wiping them away, she looked at the blood on her fingers.*

"Fucking vampires."

*She said, and then slowly, went to get dressed.*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:54 pm