For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Tribulation.

Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Tribulation. Empty Tribulation.

Post by Vincent Davis Tue May 28, 2013 10:17 am

Vincent walked into the room, checking Quinn's IV and hung another bag from the hook. He would need to change the bags in about an hour. Mr. Quinn was recovering, though it was a slow process. The antitoxin had helped leech the V from his system but his strength was still low. After checking the cameras, he understood why. After the altercation with Ms. Hamby, he had stopped eating and gone on a diet of almost exclusively V. How could he have missed this? He was always so careful to watch things. He had gone over everything meticulously. Wherever Jonathan had been getting his supply, it was not through official channels. He walked back toward the door, pressing his hand to the security plate. With a quiet beep, the door slid aside and he walked out to check his figures again. He had to have missed something...
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Tribulation. Empty Re: Tribulation.

Post by John Quinn Tue May 28, 2013 10:24 am

Quinn opened his eyes as he heard the beep. Vincent was always so careful to take care of him. The debt between them had already been paid back a hundredfold, yet Vincent was still loyal to him. He always wondered about that. The first few days had been excruciatingly painful. The migraines had only been a minor preview compared to the most recent pains. His body felt like a bonfire, the elixir that Vincent had injected him with speeding through his system, purging the V from his body. He could still feel Jessica's pain and every time he let it in, his eyes filled with tears. He closed his eyes, willing her to hear his thoughts and could only hope she would.

"Koibito, if I had known how much pain this would put you through, I would never have allowed it."

He breathed deeply, the sedative slowly dragging him back under...
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue May 28, 2013 10:51 am

I felt this feeling like he was next to me, comforting me and feeling his weakness. It was like his voice in the silent night saying he knew how I felt and would have never allowed it. I looked up and saw that I was still in the spot we always met at behind Merlotte's. "Quinn..."

I couldn't wait any longer I had to see that he was okay. Dialing the number to Quinn's place I waited knowing Vincent would never allow me to speak to Quinn right now. But I needed to know he was okay.
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Tue May 28, 2013 10:55 am

Vincent felt his phone vibrate and pulled it out, looking at the caller ID.

"Yes, Miss Hamby. How can I be of assistance?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue May 28, 2013 11:00 am

"Hey Vinny. I uh...well how is he? I mean is he any better? I know you said not to contact him but I...I just need to know. Give it to me straight." I braced for the worst not really knowing why but my night really couldn't get much worse. This feeling that he was right beside me was almost comforting but I didn't trust it in being real. It had to be an illusion of my mind of what I wanted to think. What I wanted to believe.
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Tue May 28, 2013 11:07 am

"Miss Hamby, I do thank you for calling my number instead of Mr. Quinn's. He would not have been answering anyway, as I have his phone as well. He is recovering. The antitoxin has had the desired effect and he is slowly rebuilding his strength, within another day or two he will be strong enough to take short walks and such but it is a slow process for recovery, even for one of his particular metabolism. If it is any comfort, I know that he does think of you often, and it gives him strength."

Vincent thought carefully and then added,

"If you wish, I will contact you when he is strong enough and you will be allowed a brief, albeit supervised visit with him. If the tests are good, you may even be able to come with him on his walking...but I must stress he is not to have ANY of your blood, no matter how much he asks, and if he does ask you must distance yourself from him. We both know what could happen if this is not followed. I will keep you in the loop on his progress, but you must be patient."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue May 28, 2013 11:14 am

I nodded and listened to his words, closing my eyes in relief that he was getting better. I smiled softly knowing he was thinking about me. It helped to know I was still on his mind as much as he was on mine. "I'm so glad he has you Vinny. I..I'm sorry I screwed it up. It's my fault I thought--I thought..."

I sighed and shook my head unable to find the words. "Just...get him better. I'll owe you one. Maybe two. If and when he wants to see me...when you allow it...you know where to find me. And you have my word...no more blood."
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Tue May 28, 2013 11:27 am

"Miss Hamby...I am not sure if this is going to help....but you were not the problem."

He took a breath before continuing.

"The tests show that he has been using for quite a while. A considerable amount of time...perhaps even before his return to Bon Temps. I am not sure what comfort this can offer you, but you were not the cause of this issue, and in fact may have been the cause of his salvation. If not for the issues brought on by recent turmoil, we would not have known until it was too late. I hope this knowledge helps, at least in some small way. I will be happy to let you know when things improve."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue May 28, 2013 12:12 pm

I felt a bit of relief but also a ping of sadness knowing that he'd kept this from me and for no telling how long. Always refusing my blood for fear of what it may do to him. It was a complete shock to me that he'd been using for so long. "I...well I don't know what to say...I didn't....well I didn't know that. I.."

I blew out a breath and stood, walking to the edge of the lake and looking into the murky water. "Thanks for telling me Vincent."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:44 am