For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

A moment before flight...

John Quinn
    John Quinn

A moment before flight... Empty A moment before flight...

Post by John Quinn Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:11 am

Quinn watched from the tree line as the SWAT team moved into the hangar. He sighed. They must have figured out what happened in Shreveport and had come for him. He waited for them to get in place and walked toward the hangar as if he did not know were there. Instead of the officers he expected, a young man in a black suit stepped from the doorway into his path. Quinn stopped about five feet from him and waited. The young man cleared his throat and held up a folded document and spoke.

“According to the Governor’s executive order 647, I must attain you with regards to your affiliations with the vampire business known as the EEE. The Governor’s order is clear and requires the closure of all vampire run businesses within the boundaries of the state of Louisiana.”

Quinn grinned at the nervous shifting of the little man and spoke softly. He knew he had to be careful because he knew that SWAT team was simply waiting for an excuse.

“Young man, I do not see how we have anything to speak on. Your executive order holds for vampire run businesses, as you said. My company is not run by vampires. It is run by me. To be truthful, we at one time did have ties to the vampires, but that time is past. Since your executive order 647 does not apply to me, I will ask you a lately to have your SWAT team that is hidden in my hangar stand down he for someone unfortunately gets hurt. What they do not realize, and by that I mean your SWAT team, is that my own security staff have already been in place since this afternoon and most likely have at least two guns on each man in your team. I suggest you run along with your toy soldiers before I change my mind. You of threatened my life and my business. I have killed vampires that did less and you are only human.”

The young man nervously turned nodding sharply toward a shadow in the hangar. As the SWAT team shuffled out of the hangar, Quinn could not help but grin. If they had only known that his comment about security had been a bluff. He really did not feel like killing anyone else tonight. The stupid vampire that attacked him on the way here was just lunch. He had needed to take the edge off anyway and the foolish vampire let him save his reserves for later. Quinn walked into the hangar and checked to make sure that the seaplane had been fully fueled. He walked around the plane, checking the body of it for trackers and found one tucked against the left pontoon. He disconnected it from its magnet and tossed it in the trash bin. Let them follow that if they wanted. Once he completed his safety check, he threw his pack behind the pilot seat and shut the doors. As he started the engine of the plane, he saw the little man standing at the corner of the hangar on the phone. Quinn reached to his belt and drew a small handgun, pointing it out the window of the plane. As the plane began to roll forward, the little man came into range. Quinn smiled as he squeezed the trigger, putting a bullet through this stupid little man’s phone. He laughed as the man ran from the hanger, his ear bleeding. All he wanted was to be alone. All he needed to do was be alone. Why could not they just leave him be? There is a small radio on the dash and he put it on as he rolled out to the tarmac, just in time to hear a rebroadcast of the Governor’s speech…

"When humans can no longer walk on their streets at night without fearing for their lives, then we have to take our streets back," he says in the teaser above. "As of this moment, we are closing down all Vampire-run businesses. That is why I say to any of you, buy a gun, stock up on wooden bullets. This is still America. You have the right to defend yourselves and the people you love."

Quinn rolled his eyes as the governor closed out his speech. It looked like he was leaving right on time…

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:51 am