For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Breaking The News

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Breaking The News Empty Breaking The News

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:50 pm

Sam sighed and debated on how to explain to Nicole that she was carrying his child, more importantly, how he knew that. She knew he was a shifter but it would still be a shock to her. They'd only had sex once, and he was just getting over Luna's death. Was he really in the right place to start something new, much less be a father? The dreams he'd been having finally made sense. It wasn't Luna who was carrying his child, it was Nicole. Running his fingers through his tussled hair, he opened the door to the trailer and saw her sitting on the couch. Her mother had left not that long ago, after he'd asked her to stay with him and she agreed...almost instantly. That fact shocked him slightly, but he knew it was now or never.

-Nicole, can we talk?-
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Breaking The News Empty Re: Breaking The News

Post by Nicole Wright Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Well that can't be good. The words "can we talk" never lead to anything good. It was either he was pissed, he was sad, or he was.... Hell, she didn't know. Plastering a smile on her face, she turned to him and nodded. "Um. Sure? What's up?" She turned so she sat sideways on the couch and faced him, her eyes going over his face as she tried to figure out what he was going to say before he said it.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:06 pm

Rip the band aid off quickly, it might not be as much of a shock? He inhaled slowly and took a seat next to her on the couch, reaching out to take one of her hands in his. -There's a reason I wanted you to stay. I mean don't get me wrong, it's not the only reason, but...- His words trailed off as he thought. The hell with it, she needed to know now. She had a choice in the matter didn't she? What if she didn't want it.

-You're pregnant.-
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:11 pm

As soon as the words left his lips a grin spread on her face. Reaching out, she softly hit him in the arm and laughed. "Right. Pregnant. Good one, Sam. Say, do you have any food in here? Or should I go to the bar?"

Pregnant. The word rang through her mind like a bell had been struck. She couldn't be pregnant; they had had sex twice, not to mention if she WAS there was no way he'd know. Not right now. It didn't make any sense.

She turned back to him and felt her heart start to pound. His face hadn't changed. Shit... he.... "Sam...... I don't understand."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:13 pm

She didn't believe him and that made this harder, how could he explain it...how would she understand. His face never changed as he thought about how to word it right.

-I can smell...my scent on you.- That sounded weird. -Okay, I can smell it. It's hard to explain but I can detect it because it's mine. It's a shifter thing and I don't expect you to understand it. I just...thought you should know. I thought you should have a choice in this too.-

He ran his hand over his face and tried to make sense of this all. This was the first time he'd been faced with something like this.
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:13 pm

Her hand went to her stomach as she continued to stare at him. Pregnant? They had been together twice, with no protection. But.... it had only been a couple of days. How? Right, the shifter thing.

"Freaky."

She rubbed her stomach and looked down at her legs, unsure of what to say. "Of course I have a choice in this. It IS my body, ya know." Taking a deep breath, she looked at him and shook her head before standing. "Let's just get something to eat. I need to think. Okay?"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:14 pm

The initial shock was still slightly there and he could see the uncertainty in her eyes. He just nodded in agreement to her words "Freaky." It was freaky, he knew being human she'd probably have many questions. He was prepared to answer them all but he was still asking himself what his choice in all this was. Did he want to be a father?

-Yes, it is. I'd also never make you do anything you don't want to do. I'll respect your wishes.- She suggested getting something to eat and he nodded, stood and helped her to her feet.

Blocking her way out, he stood in front of her and moved some of her hair to the side. -Listen, I don't want you to think you have to make a certain decision. Remember, no pressure.-
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:14 pm

"No pressure? Then why does it feel like you want me to "take care" of this? Just let me think on it, Sam."

She moved around him and walked out the door, heading towards Merlotte's. Drinking was out of the question, obviously, so she'd settle for a huge burger and some fries, along with a chocolate milkshake. She could tell Sam was following her. The way he was acting was almost like he didn't want her to be pregnant. Which, in truth, was probably what she felt, too. But that didn't mean anything; whether she wanted to be pregnant or not, she was having the baby. Abortion wasn't an option in her head. Not ever.

So where did that leave her? Would she have to raise it alone? Or would Sam step up and take care of it? What would happen?
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:15 pm

He couldn't believe she said that. -Now you just wait a minute!- He said before turning to face her, her back still to him as she stopped where she was but didn't turn around.

-I don't know what you think I'm trying to say. But neither one of us planned this...I...I want this kid. I want you, too. All of it. But not if you don't. I won't make you.-

He shook his head when she didn't turn around and sighed. -I'm going for a run. I'll be back later.- With that he turned and ran towards the woods to shift. He needed to think.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 8:44 pm