For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

New and Old Skills

Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

New and Old Skills Empty New and Old Skills

Post by Arabella Trillo Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:44 pm

Arabella sat on the floor smiling. This room was perfect. She had told the servant, Vincent, that she needed somewhere to practice. He had asked her for one week and had more than delivered. As she lifted the violin's bow to the strings, she truly began to feel at home here.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

New and Old Skills Empty Re: New and Old Skills

Post by John Quinn Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:48 pm

Quinn watched as she played, so wrapped into her music that she had not noticed him coming in. He quietly sat in a chair at the corner of the room and listened. She really did have talent. She had told him about much of her life, and even that her violin was the one thing treasured from her mortal time. She now played the same one she had owned back then, though it had been reconditioned. The music was very soothing but he had not come here for a concert. He waited until she finished the song and cleared his throat, announcing his presence.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:51 pm

She sensed him coming in and secretly thanked him for not stopping her in the middle of her song. instead he sat quietly through the entire piece. She kept her eyes closed, focusing on the music, and then set her beloved violin aside as he cleared his throat. She laid it back in it's case and walked over to him, delivering a chaste kiss on his cheek.

"Good evening, Jonathan. I hope you enjoyed the music. I have been playing a long time but the simple pieces like that are what I enjoy most."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:55 pm

Quinn smiled as she gave him a kiss on the cheek. He nodded and smiled.

"Sometimes the simple classics are the best. It was wonderfully played, Arabella. I look forward to hearing more of it when time allows, but for now we must set aside the violin and work on other skills you will need. I told you I would be continuing and expanding your training when you were ready. Are you prepared to take that step?"
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:58 pm

She looked at him with curiosity. He had been most patient in letting her get used to her new surroundings. This home was so unlike her old one. The thought made her smile. She truly did see this as home now. Her new Maker had welcomed her into the home without reservation, even allowing her to have her own private places. She looked into his eyes and spoke softly, but with confidence.

"Yes, Jonathan. I am ready to learn whatever it is you feel I should. When do we begin?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:03 pm

Quinn led the young vampire outside. It was nearly midnight so they needed to get things moving if there was going to be any time for practice tonight. He led her over to a truck and pulled down the back end.
    New and Old Skills 12404510

"It is past time for you to know these tools as well as those we can use to create. Look through these and become familiar with them. You will be trained with every one of them and many others before we are done. There can be beauty in these things as well as music and art. They have their own voice and speak clearly to anyone who needs to hear them. I want you to choose which one you will learn first. From now on, you will spend an hour after sunset training with one of these every night. There will be no exceptions until you are as proficient with these tools as you are with your violin. Do you understand, Ari? You must know how to fight as well as entertain. The world is changing."
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:08 pm

She looked over the weapons as he spoke, absorbing every word.

"From now on, you will spend an hour after sunset training with one of these every night. "

"Of course, Jonathan. I will pursue this study with the same passion I share with my music. I will not disappoint you, my Jonathan."

She began running nimble fingers over each weapon, lifting them and examining them before lifting a small rifle from the collection. She slid the magazine into place and held it out for him to see.

"I believe I would like to start with this one, if it is alright, Jonathan. It feels right in my hands."

She saw Jonathan smile and followed him out to the woods for their first practice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:58 am