For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Being Nosy, looking for importance....

Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Being Nosy, looking for importance.... Empty Being Nosy, looking for importance....

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:24 pm

*She woke-up half draped over the couch in one of the many bedrooms, and half off. She didn't remember drinking THAT much, oh well, what the hell was she going to do now, at least she wasn't hungover. Maybe that was a vampire thing, it wouldn't be half as bad, not being able to get so drunk that you get a hangover, she certainly wouldn't miss that aspect of human life. She sighed and looked at the clock, of course it was nighttime, that was a given or she wouldn't be awake...or whatever vampires called it when she was mobile, she felt icky, and peeled her clothing off, and got into a nice, hot shower. She scrubbed her skin, as if the hot water could wash away her sins. After 15-20 minutes she exited the bathroom, with a towel on her head, and made her way to Pam's room. She knew it was Pam's room, by the decorations, & of course the side closet that was the size of a regular spare bedroom.*

"Now if I was Pam....where would I put important papers?"

*Tara asked silently to no one other than herself, she looked around and started, opening dresser draws, and moving things around, but to no avail.*

"Fuck! Pam where in the hell would you put important shit?"

*She yelled to no one in particular, she was starting to really worry, she knew even if her Maker was gone, she would have wanted her to keep Fangtasia open, Pam loved that place, more then nearly everything...of course everything but Eric, thinking about Eric, extreamly pissed her off.*

"If he didn't leave....you wouldn't have left, and if you didn't leave I wouldn't be in this fucking, fucked-up situation.....FUCK!"

*She screams, as she throws all the items off Pam's dresser, shaking her head.*

"Fucking Eric!"

*She yelled, Tara sat down on Pam's bed, and put her hands in her head, crimson tears falling from her eyes, and for the first time she was glad that Willa wasn't there to see her break, again, after a few minutes she stopped and got herself together. She went and picked up the pieces of glass, and what not that she had ruined, it was there she found a small locked box, with a smile, thought she still had tears falling from her eyes, she exhaled, an odd human behavior she still endured in, She grabbed at the metal box, and wiped her tears away, she yanked the box open, and inside she found a deed.*

"This are looking up blonde....thanks!"  

*Tara said, with a half smile, maybe Tara could get things up and running...if she could....she didn't know if vampires went to heave or hell, but if they could watch from above, like angels....or something....she knew if she could get Fangtasia up and running, Pam would be happy, and that is just exactly what she planned on doing.*
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Being Nosy, looking for importance.... Empty Re: Being Nosy, looking for importance....

Post by Willa Burrell Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:44 pm

Deciding that it was time that she saw Tara again, Willa brought her entire security force with her to the cabin that once belonged to Eric and Pam; and that Willa and Tara had once shared. As the cabin came into view, Willa swallowed the lump that was forming in her throat. Looking at the guards, she placed the sweetest smile possible on her lips.

"Hey guys, when we get there, can you at least stay outside? I'm not sneaking off anywhere. I haven't tried to yet and we've known each other long enough to have gained a certain rapport!"

The guards looked at one another and one nodded sightly.

"Very well, Miss Burrell, but if you try anything, this chance will never be given again."

A bright smile grew upon her lips and Willa nodded enthusiastically. She was glad that the guards had agreed to her request. She knew that Tara might get a bit prickly over seeing her much less the guards that would surely remind her of Bill.

Taking a deep, unnecessary breath, Willa walked into the front door of the hugely luxurious cabin.

"Tara?" she called out to the emptiness. "Tara are you here hun? I brought some more blood, in case you were running low!"
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Being Nosy, looking for importance.... Empty Richey Rich

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:57 pm

*Tara's head immediately darted in the direction of Willa's voice. Tara had been trying to read all the confusing documents by herself, to no avail. Tara was by no means stupid, but she never had anyone important in her life die, much less, leave a league of confusing papers, for her to deal with. She couldn't think of anyone to even call, it all went back to her really having no one since she was turned into a vampire. Shaking her head, she grabbed a pair of black jeans she found on the floor of Pam's closet, clearly not something that Pam had worn often, and more then likely something, the fashionable vampire had never even worn, it was way to simple for Pam, and a Fangtasia shirt, that was tight, showcasing her curves.*

"Well at least the shirt makes me look good."

*She said, pulling her hair back in a tight ponytail, seeing Willa she raced down the steps quicker, and smiling wider.*

"Girl, you finally escaped the goon squad, or you just come to tell me all the gossip that's going on at Compound Compton?"

*She asked hugging Willa.*
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Being Nosy, looking for importance.... Empty Re: Being Nosy, looking for importance....

Post by Willa Burrell Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Willa smiled widely as Tara sped downstairs to hug her. Hugging Tara back tightly, she pulled back slightly and shrugged.

"There's really nothing worth talking about going on over there. Bill's always working on some kind of business, he has a new baby vampire, and I'm going through his blood stores rather quickly with this constant hunger! Which is trying to drive me crazy, by the way."

Willa tilted her head and looked at Tara quizzically, "So what have you been doing to keep yourself occupied? I know we talked about re-opening Fangtasia. Have you been able to make any progress or, at least, find the deed?"
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:45 pm

*Tara smiled at the small amount of chit chat she had with Willa, for a moment it was almost as if they were regular people, just sitting over coffee and talking about there past week, then reality sunk in when Willa mentioned the blood.*

"Ya know if your not drinking royal blood, your not really drinking....there is a whole mess of it down in the basement, I just started putting the boxes up here, I mean I don't wanna piss off his royal highness."

*Tara said rolling her eyes at Willa, then she cracked a smile.*

"Oh I found something...I don't know exactly what.....I had a ah....tad temper tantrum, and knocked some stuff down. Thankfully I did thought, I mean I found a bunch of papers. But I ain't ever dealt with any of this kinda crap, ya know, I never needed to know what the hell was going on with important papers, ya know. My mama never had anything too important, and I sure as hell never had my own place, so these may as well be in Greek to me, I hope you can figure out what in the hell this shit is, 'cause to me....all I see is numbers, and names."

*Tara said shrugging.*

"Oh......and I know it hasn't been long....but I miss your ass...of course if you say that I said that to anyone....I'll deny it."

*Tara says smirking.*
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Willa listened as Tara regaled her about her slight tantrum and knocking things over, resulting in finding the legal documentation that she was trying to figure out.

"Well, at least you didn't go out and kill a bunch of people with your tantrum," Willa said with a slight laugh. She wasn't entirely sure if it was too soon to be joking about the situation that landed her at Compton Manor but she thought she'd test the waters.

"Oh, and luckily I took law courses when I was at Tulane. I took care of a lot of legal stuff for my da....for my father when I was still human."

Taking the papers, Willa looked them over quickly before coming to one spot in particular. An amount....a dollar amount. It was something that she couldn't take her eyes off of for many minutes, her mind processing what she was looking at.

Snapping the papers down and her eyes up to Tara, Willa tried to form the words to explain the meaning of the discovery that Tara had just made.

"It seems that Eric thought he might meet the True Death when he went to my dad....to the Governor's mansion the night that he and I met. He ordered that his money be moved into Pam's name. The sum is well.....it's uh....fi....fifty....two point....nine............million dollars. It's in an account in Paris."

Willa was completely stunned over the amount and the fact that she was actually stating it outright. She thought that Eric would most likely be well off but she had no idea that the amount would be this great.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:03 pm

*Tara started at her in disbelief, and then in her mind slowly allowed the amount to sink in. She looked over at Willa and her eyes turned huge, as it rolled around in her mind.*

"Wait....if your fucking yanking my chain, I will stake you....and no, I am not joking....you're telling me....that we....I mean....us....we have....fuck it....we're millionaires? Fucking seriously?"

*Tara stands still for one moment, shocked, and then jumps up and down.*

"Fifty two, point whatever.....million dollars......fifty million."

*She says jumping up and down.*

"Girl....we just won publishers clearing house, and I don't even gotta mess with a huge ass check!!!"
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Willa shook her head slightly, "No I'm not screwing with you Tara. Look it says right here," she said pointing to a spot in the documentation.

The order that the money be changed into Pam's name. "The amount is listed here," she said pointing to a receipt showing that the account information had been changed.

When Tara began to jump around a thought occurred to Willa.

"Tara! Tara! Calm down. We are not millionaires. Pam is a millionaire. We would have to prove that Pam's gone and that you are her heir to be able to get the money transferred here and into your name. I don't know about you, but I never got a death certificate to prove that anyone's gone."

Willa stood up as she began to think about their newest dilemma. Going through Pam's closet, she held up a short little back number that still had the tag on it. Holding it up to her, she cocked her head slightly, "Hey, can I have this one? I like it a lot and I think it's one of the few things that's in here that won't go down to my ankles! God she was a tall woman!"
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:33 pm

"Maybe later we can braid each others hair and talk about boys...fuckin baby vamps."

*Tara remembered Pam saying when Jessica, & Tara were in the basement hanging out, yeah she was a tall woman. Tara thought to herself, smiling....no she wasn't that tall, the heels...yeah, the heels, she stopped for a moment, and envisioned her Maker for a moment, standing in front of her. Pam wouldn't have wanted Willa and her to sit and cry, fuck if anything Pam would want them all to go on. But how could she go on and pretend nothing happened, Pam was not only her Maker, maybe that is what she told herself, but she knew it was deeper then that, she loved Pam....she was...in love with Pam....not that she'd ever have told the blonde, even if she was around....but, deep inside she knew. She loved Pam, it was so simple....or should she say loved.*

"What the fuck good are papers, saying we're rich, if we ain't rich? Girl I told you not to be fucking with me! What in the hell do we need to do, to let this shit fly?"

*Tara asked her, glaring at her confused.*

Last edited by Tara Mae Thornton on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:44 pm

Willa simply shrugged her shoulders, not sure of what they could do. It was a shame that the money would simply have to sit in some account in France because they couldn't prove that Pam was dead and that Tara was her progeny.

"It's too bad that we can't simply have Pam transfer the money into your name the way that Eric did."

Walking into the closet, Willa changed into the dress that she had found in Pam's closet. There wasn't any harm in at least paying dress up was there? Coming out, she did a little twirl, a slight grin appearing on her face.

Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:55 pm

*Tara shrugged, and shook her head looking at Willa. The girl looked good, but she wasn't Pam, not slightly, not even a little.*

"Great now all we have to do is grow your hair longer, dye it blonde, make your un-usually, pissed off at like everyone...I mean the whole world, and give you the hugest curmudgeon attitude, I've ever come across."

*Tara smiled at her use of the word curmudgeon, she had seen it scrawled on a paper in Pam's room, keeping the place in some foreign language, she could only assume was Swedish, not that she knew exactly what languages Pam spoke, she paused a moment, oh how simple it would be if she could just call, or speak to her Maker again, she quickly dialed Pam's cell again, just to hear her Maker's voice, as it immediately went to voice mail. She frowned.*

"We have a greater chance of winning the lottery, then getting those funds....which pretty much sucks."

*Tara said.*
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:03 pm

Willa's brow furrowed slightly as Tara talked as if she could pass herself off as Pam. An idea began to form in her mind began to form a plan.

"Well why not? Chances are this bank in Paris has never seen Pam before and the banks here would probably be so grateful to get such a huge amount of money that they might not even question it. It could work! Although, I think you'd make a better Pam than I would since you both have similar....attitudes. Not to mention, you look a lot better in Pam's clothes than I do."

Willa looked away quickly as she saw Tara hit the button that she knew was the speed dial for Pam. She knew that Tara would think that Willa saw her attachment to Pam as a weakness, even though nothing could be farther than the truth.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:11 pm

*Tara raised an eye brow, and shook her head*

"Ummm....I couldn't be any different than Pam, if I tried, she's white, I'm black, and if anyone had seen her, I think at least that they would have remembered that, that isn't the kind thing you forget, hair, nails, maybe, but there is no way in hell I could be like, oh yeah, you like the new look? I decided to be black, ain't nobody Michael Jackson up in this bitch."

*Tara said shaking her head.*

"Did you call him....his cellphone...I mean?"

*She asked changing the topic for a minute.*
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:26 pm

A loud laugh escaped Willa's lips as Tara mentioned trying to explain such a drastic change in skin color. Her laugh was abruptly cut short however when Tara asked if she had tried calling Eric. Willa shook her head furiously.

"No, I mean everything happened so fast after I met him. He never had a chance to pull me to the side and give me his number in case of emergencies or anything like that."

Wanting nothing more than to avoid any further mention of trying to contact Eric, Willa dug further into the closet where she found an interesting object. Putting it on, she appeared once again with luxuriously long, blonde hair.

"Any idea why this would be in here?"
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:34 pm

*Tara looked at Willa as she held the blonde wing.*

"Hmmm maybe Pam kept it when she was zombie-fied, when she was loosing skin and shit....that was some shit....but she wanted to kill me then, so I mean it wasn't any skin off my back, it involved a witch, a whole mess of stuff, but that's the only reason I can think of her having it....unless she was into some weird ass unknown shit, who knows? Toss me your phone....and before you say no, just do it....I know they more then likely won't answer.....but...sometimes...when I am loosing it...just hearing her voice....it helps."

*Tara said with her hands out, waiting for Willa's phone.*
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:46 pm

Willa gave Tara a warning look. She didn't want to go through the pain of losing him again. She was just beginning to heal and didn't want the wound opened fresh once more. She thought that anything, even something as simple as hearing his voice, could undo all the progress that she had made in moving forward. With a sigh, she handed the phone to Tara.

Deciding to change the topic she placed the wig on her head and straightened it slightly, "Well? Do you think I could pass as Pam?"
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:52 pm

*Tara frowned*

"Not if you keeping acting like that....you gotta remember that Pam....well....she's....Pam-ish....you need like a self esteem boost, your shorter then her, but maybe we could work with heels...they are going to help a bit, and you need to make sure everything on you matches, like everything, you can't have even one simple hair outta place.....and contacts....she has blue eyes, wait why and the fuck are we doing this anyway, honestly who are you going to be trying to fool, I mean I ain't got no money to go to Paris...fuck I am lucky there is blood here, or I'd have to be out who knows where trying to get some."

*Tara took Willa's phone and put in Eric's number, and then looked at Willa.*

"No matter what, don't loose who you are....even if your in HIS house....he isn't your Maker, you and me....we're different, and Bill fucking Compton can't change that."

Last edited by Tara Mae Thornton on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:07 pm

Willa looked at Tara and shook her head slightly, "We don't have to go to Paris to get the money, although if we did have the money to do it I'd love to go one day. We simply have to go to the bank, give them the account number in Paris and have them transfer it here."

Willa was glad that she had the experience that she did in accounting and financial matters when she was still human. It was proving to come in very handy. She was glad of that, beginning to think that she would not make a very large contribution to this endeavor.

"Tara, Bill hasn't even spoken to me since I went there. He's not trying to take Eric's place; honestly he said that he knows he could never take his place. He's right, he can't and never will. As much as I miss him, and as mad as I am at him, Eric is and always will be my maker. And you will always be my sister; even though, technically, you're my niece."

Willa smiled and tried to summon her inner Pam, striking a confident pose with one hand on her hip. Raising a brow she smirked and said, "I always know who the fuck I am Tara. Now, let's go get my fuckin money!"
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:16 pm

*Tara actually cracked a smile when Willa mentioned her money, this was going to be humorous for sure, and she was all in....at the same time it made her long for her Maker....there were pieces of Pam all over, the cabin. She closed her eyes and imagined Pam, seeing Willa attempt to act like her, she knew her Maker would have gotten a good laugh from that.*

"You know that was almost spot on."

*Tara said to Willa, and patted her shoulder.*

"Bill...I told you he ain't no good at being a Maker....I'd rather have our dysfunctional, absent family we have then have been Bill's child...I don't think to highly of him, and how are you going to be Pam, with that goon squad?"

*Tara asked, crossing her arms across her chest.*
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Willa looked at Tara and shrugged her shoulders, "Those guys are actually very good at not being detected. I have built up a rapport with them. I'm sure that I can convince them to keep guard and not be seen by others. I did it to get in here didn't I? How much difference is it in a bank? They have guards on the inside so I'm sure they'll comply. If not, I can glamour them into it."

Walking outside, she spoke to the guards and came back in after a long while.

"They agreed that I can go in without them. I was the daughter of a politician, I did learn a few things about convincing people to agree with what I want. Now, let's go and get ready."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:57 am