For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Remake, Remodel, New Start

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Remake, Remodel, New Start Empty Remake, Remodel, New Start

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:18 am

-she had taken to sleeping on the couch the past few nights, since being in her bedroom just brought back too many memories. Memories of her with Eric, just months before, spending time together and passing the night with hours and hours of love making. Now it was just depressing being there. Part of her missed Eric, and part of her just wanted to forget that ever happened, forget that they were ever together. She wanted a new start. And a new start was just what she would have.-

-it hadn't taken her too long to find the ball-peen hammer that Gran had kept in the shed out back; she had grabbed it and all but ran upstairs to her room. And she didn't hold back. She let out all of the frustration that had been eating her alive the past few weeks, screaming, cussing and yelling as she bashed at the wall. Of course, it wasn't making much of a dent since she wasn't using that big of a hammer. She didn't care. It just felt good to destroy something and tear it apart, make it feel just like her heart.-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Remake, Remodel, New Start Empty Re: Remake, Remodel, New Start

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 am

{He finished the Parker's deck early that day and decided it would be okay to head home, well Sookie's home. Opening the door to the house, he heard banging and cursing coming from upstairs. Curiosity took over and he climbed the stairs towards the noise. When he turned the corner, he saw Sookie beating a wall with a small hammer. Quirking a brow, he leaned against her door frame and cleared his throat.}

"What did the wall do to you?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:32 am

It looked at me wrong.

-she muttered as she gave it one more halfhearted hit with the hammer. Her shoulders were tight, and her back was twitching from having put so much force behind the hits. She turned to him slowly and gave him a quick smile before tossing the hammer to the floor and going to collapse on the bed.-

I want this room redone. It's got too many memories like this. I wanna remodel it and stuff, but... jeez.

-she rolled onto her back and stared at him from where she lay on the bed-

Feel like helping me?
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:50 am

{He listened to her dilemma and chuckled, shaking his head.} "Well, for starters you're using the wrong tools. You'll need a lot more to remodel, also supplies."

{He stepped in and looked around the room at all the vamp proof shields and colors, making a face before looking back at her.}

"I'll help you, shouldn't take longer than a day or two worth of work. We'll need to go to the hardware store and get some things. Are you free now?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:08 am

-she nodded, closed her eyes for a second and rolled off of the bed-

What sort of supplies? There are some things in the shed out back, but I don't know what all we need. I want that wall... -she pointed to the wall to the right of her- to have lots of windows. No more dark for me. And I wanna paint the room light yellow. Maybe get some really soft carpet or something.

-she looked back at him and grinned-

Do you think we can get it done? Just us? Or would I need to hire some other people?

-now that Eric was out of the picture she had to start working again in order to keep her funds where they were. And while she wasn't struggling, it was still not going to last her forever. She could make it work, though, especially if business picked up at Merlotte's. She turned back to Alcide and watched him as he looked over the room; she could see the wheels in his head turning.-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:18 am

{He listened to her ideas and looked around beginning to see it and knowing it was possible. It wouldn't be a hard job at all and having her to help him would make this job go by easily. The strength he would need to complete the job, he had himself. He turned to face her and nodded.}

"Definitely possible. I'd say I could get all that done in three to four days at the most. With your help of course. If I need any extra hands I know who I can call. The tools in the shed, most are rusted and not really usable any longer. I'll need some drywall and molding, plus things for the windows you want to add. Some things I have in stock at a warehouse, I can drive over and get those after work tomorrow."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:42 am

-she nodded at him then smiled. It would be nice to have the house back to it's pre-vampire beauty. She loved this house and wanted it to have the happiness that it used to have back.-

If you think we can do it ourselves, then I'm all for it. I want the upstairs completely and totally open. Windows, everything. I'm tired of being in the dark.

-she'd have to make note that most of the stuff in the shed was useless; maybe she could get the tools repaired and hang them up in the house as decorations. She'd hate to throw out her Granddaddy's tools. They had been in the family for years. Turning back to Alcide, she softly raised a brow-

So what do we need to do?
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:05 pm

{He smiled and nodded} "Yes, it's doable. And as long as you let me do the repairs, we're good. I could see you putting hinges on backwards or something." {He playfully nudged her and winked seeing her reaction he chuckled.}

"We can remodel the whole upstairs if you want to, I can put a bay window there for you to sit and read or something. It has a lot of potential. If you want out of the dark, you will be out of the dark. First step is a trip to the hardware store, so get dressed, let's go shopping."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:22 pm