For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Phoenix Fire

Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Phoenix Fire Empty Phoenix Fire

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Arabella walked in quietly as Jonathan spoke softly to Vincent. She hoped that Vincent could somehow hear him. It did not matter though, if this worked then they would have plenty of time to talk. She was not sure Jonathan's idea would work, but it was worth trying. She waited until he stood and tried to smile to him. She already missed Cassia but things were going on that needed to be dealt with. She looked to him and nodded.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Phoenix Fire Empty Re: Phoenix Fire

Post by John Quinn Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Quinn felt her before she even entered the room. That little trick still threw him off his guard at times. It was taking some getting used to. He could tell by her movements that she was alone. He finished his quiet prayer to the fates, asking for this to work, and turned to face her. She had been watching him and he saw through her fake smile.

"Is she gone then? It is a sad thing to lose a friend, I hope she comes back. You did the right thing making her chose. We cannot bank on Fate smiling so broadly again. Come, it is time to test out theory."

He held out his hand and she joined him by the bed. He lifted a long needle from the tray by the table, piecing the eye of the phoenix tattoo on his arm. As he drew back the plunger, he watched the glitter-like swirls in the blood with a chuckle. One the needle was half full, he handed it to Arabella and watched as the mark from the needle disappeared with a flicker of violet light. That was a good sign. Clotho had said her light was in him, he was banking on that.

Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:29 pm

She took the needle carefully, watching the swirls curiously. She knew what she was supposed to do, but she was scared that it would not work. She felt Jonathan that her free hand and smiled to him. He was there for her. Now that they were even closer, he could read her like a book. She nodded, lifting her arm and slipping the needle into her vein. As she pulled the plunger back further, she watched as her own blood blended with his, the swirls staying bright in the mixture. She withdrew the needle and handed it back to Jonathan. She really hoped this worked. Maybe then they could move forward. He had been consumed with his passion for helping Vincent. Then they would be able to deal with the one who did this. What was her name? Oh yes....Kiara. She crossed her fingers and waited.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Arabella handed the now full needle back to him. He watched and was not that surprised to see that the swirls in the mix were even brighter now. After all, Cloie had helped them both and said they were connected. He whispered a quiet prayer and slid the needle into Vincent's arm, pressing the plunger slowly down until the needle was empty. Now all they could do was wait. He was setting down the needle when he felt something in his pocket move. His phone buzzed with a voicemail. Ah well...they had nothing to do but wait so he pulled it out and hit playback, noting that it was from Compton.
    "I require a meeting. Let me know your arrangements"

He chuckled as how Compton never really got the fact that he was not king over Quinn. He had been meaning to introduce his progeny to the arrogant bastard anyway and needed to see if he had leads on Kiara, so he thought for a moment and sent a text response.
    ~Currently Busy. Will contact you with details when it is more convenient. -Quinn~
    He closed the phone and put it back in his pocket as he watched for any change. The startled look on Arabella's face told him he had missed something.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:42 pm

As Jonathan pulled out his phone,distracted, she watched Vincent. The spot where the needle entered glowed briefly, then a pattern began to emerge across his skin. it was like someone was painting his skin starting with his arms, and slowly covering him. It was as bright as fire but not painful to the eyes. The violet glow traced across the surface of his exposed skin, and she could only assume the rest as well. She watched the light pulse, wondering if it had been like that when the Fate had helped them. She saw that Jonathan had been watching as well in silence. Had he known this would happen? When she looking at his face, she could see that he had not. She watched in quiet awe as the blood continued it's work. She was amazed...she had helped do this..
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Quinn watched in fascination as the light played over Vincent's body. Ever scratch faded in this light show. Every bruise melting away. Cloie always did have a bit of a dramatic side and he guessed this was what she had planned. She had probably even planted the idea in his mind somewhere. As he watched the blood do it's work, he glanced down at the new phoenix on his arm, and could have sworn it winked at him. He returned to watching as the glow faded and Vincent began to stir. He held Vincent's hand and watched as Arabella took the other one. Vincent tried to get up but Quinn gently rested a hand on his chest.

"Rest, my old friend. You will be fine, but you must rest."

He saw the annoyed look on Vincent's face but also the weariness. Had he looked so tired before? Quinn was ashamed to saw he had not seen it. He chuckled to see a small phoenix feather tattoo lift to the surface where he had injected the blood. He wondered how Vincent would feel on that, but they could discuss that another time. He felt drained, and could see the tiredness on Arabella's face as well. Whatever this had been, it had pulled the power from both of them to do it. He smiled to her and nodded.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:57 pm

When she saw Vincent move, she could not help but laugh. She was so happy for him. This would make Jonathan happy again. She watched as he spoke softly to Vincent and stayed quiet. Her input was not needed. Once Vincent was resting, she responded to his earlier question.

"She had to go face them, Jonathan. I honestly do not know if she will come back or not. Making her choose was not an easy thing to do, but I have to protect myself as well. If she comes back, it will be to stay with us permanently. I have already sent a security team to track down the friend and destroy any further vials. I hope you don't mind but I told them to deliver one to the scientist that was trying to help research when you first found me."

She walked around the table, resting her hands on his shoulders, then leaned in to kiss him softly. She took a step back, trying to gauge his reaction.

"I am content though. Our family is slowly restored, and perhaps that is what is most important."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:03 pm

He listened as she spoke of Cassia and the choice to send her home.

"I know that was a hard one for you, and no I do not mind. It was a good idea. He had already made leaps in his research when I found you. With the additional funding and assistance I sent, the vial should help a lot."

Her kiss was a surprise but a welcome one. He had not felt a kiss like that in a while. He was still not sure where his feelings went now, with this new change in their bond. The connection made them feel closer, more connected. He watched as she stepped back, uncertainty on her face. He pulled her closer and into his lap, simply holding her as he rested a hand on Vincent's arm.

"Yes, our family is beginning to get back to how it should be."

Now Quinn had to figure out the next move. He needed to figure things out with Arabella. He needed to figure out things with Jessica. He wanted Kiara's head on a pike...and now Compton wanted a meeting? Why could things never be simple? He smiled as Arabella cuddled into his lap, laying her head against his chest. That could all wait for tomorrow. Tonight was about family. The firelight from the phoenix had apparently done it's work and the family was restored.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:40 am