For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

4 posters

Growing Up So Fast (2026)

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

Growing Up So Fast (2026) Empty Growing Up So Fast (2026)

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Hoyt Fortenberry had been slumped on the couch in front of the TV, enjoying his day off. It was time for him to relax which was still a rarity but he was going to enjoy it while he could. The New Orleans Saints and the Baltimore Ravens were about to kick off. With his beer and potato chips sitting in a bowl on the table in front of him, taking a swig of his beer as the commercials flashed through the screen.

Amy and the boys had gone out into town to do some shopping, but Amy insisted that he stay home and relax, that she would be fine with the boys. Truth be told he could do with some relaxation, soon the motel would be filled to the brim with travelers and today was the only day for several weeks that he would have time to do this.

Hearing a car pull up into the parking lot as he glanced from his chair to see Elijah and Lucas running around the car chasing each other. Smirking as he stood from the couch and headed towards the main entrance as he opened the door and was caught with a sudden chill wishing that he had put on his coat.

"Need some help?...Boys help your mother" he instructed as he went to help Amy with the groceries.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Growing Up So Fast (2026) Empty Re: Growing Up So Fast (2026)

Post by Amy Williams Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:15 pm

The boys stopped running about and they began to carry grocery bags inside. They were growing up so fast it was shocking to think they were already in school, almost high school age.

She smiled as she carried the last bag inside and kissed Hoyt's cheek. "did you miss me?" she asked as the boys began unpacking all the food. She'd gotten a bit of everything since the boys seemed to have inherited her voracious appetite.

She'd also brought Hoyt some beers, something she had done as a treat since he always worked so hard.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:27 pm

Hoyt grabbed the last of the groceries from the trunk of the car as Amy locked up the car as the boys carried a bag each into the motel as they began racing each other to the kitchen.

"...Careful now boys!" he called out after them.

Turning to Amy as she kissed his cheek and he could not help but smile.

"Always" he whispered.

Hearing her angelic voice as he held the door open for her as she carried in a few brown bags and headed straight for the kitchen. Elijah and Lucas were now running around the table knocking into chairs.

"Now what did I say Elijah? Lucas?" he raised his eye brow, just as his mamma used to do to him.

"Sorry father" they both spoke in unison.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:30 pm

Amy chuckled. Hoyt may be stern but there was something very tender in his fatherly ways.

"Boys go finish your homework and then wash up for dinner, we're having lasagna tonight" she said. The boys cheered since they loved pasta and went to their rooms to finish up on homework.

"I can't believe how big they are... already I've had other parents asking what I did to make them grow so fast" she joked.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:45 pm

"Did you tell them it was it their genes?" he laughed.

But his face turned more serious as he knew that he would never be able to tell anyone what she was, what their children were. But it would be a secret that he took to the grave.

"Tell them that its because they eat all there green vegetables...Like my mamma always used to say, you won't grow up unless you eat your greens" he smirked.

If only his mamma could see him now.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:11 pm

She chuckled as she began to unpack ingredients for dinner. "How was your day off? I know the motel is about to open again for the season... you excited?" she asked as she watched him sit by her.

She knew he would never tell anyone about their fae heritage, it was a secret Hoyt guarded with his life.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:23 pm

Soon the motel would be open for business once again, as Hoyt could barely keep his excitement to himself as though he was ready to burst. He gently placed a kiss on her cheek as he knew that their money troubles would soon be behind them. Elijah and Lucas were also both excited to be helping their mother and father in their new business.

"...I think it will be the last one that I get for a long time. If things go well, we will be booked up for the entire season...Word travels fast about your cooking skills...And I can't blame them either" he praised her.

Amy could cook absolutely anything and everything perfectly...His mouth already starting to water now at the thought of the Lasagna tonight.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:27 pm

She smiled. She knew what this meant for them both. If the motel brought in business all their money worries would vanish. All the nights of worrying what they would have to cut back on to make ends meat would be over.

"Well...I'm not that great of a cook Hoyt...but I do like to keep my boys well fed" she said as she moved to the sink to wash her hands.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:35 pm

Hoyt couldn't help but chuckle at Amy; she was more than just a good cook, she was an amazing cook. Elijah and Lucas were always the first to clear their plates and Hoyt was soon followed behind. They would clear several platefuls just to make sure that nothing was left behind.

"Sometimes I wonder if I will ever fit into my jeans ago...I must have put on a few pounds your food is so good" he joked.

Rubbing his hand across his pout stomach which had grown inches since he and Amy decided that the boys were to start having home cooked meals rather than packet foods.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:42 pm

She chuckled and walked up to him, kissing his chin. "Well...I still think you're the most handsome man around" she said before she returned to where she was prepping ingredients for dinner, mostly seasoning the meat and pasta.

"Oh I bought you some beer...I know you're not a fan but I figured once in a while it can't hurt"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:52 pm

Hoyt's mouth water as he spotted her seasoning the meat, dinner could not come soon enough. He could practically imagine himself eating it there and then. But he knew that she would always make extra's for later.

"And your still the most beautiful-est person that I have ever seen in my life" he beamed proudly of her.

He turned and spotted the six pack of beer sitting on the kitchen counter, standing from his chair as he wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"What did I do?....To have this perfect life with you and the kids?" he whispered in her ear, his lips nibbling gently on her neck.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:54 pm

She smiled, feeling a bout of shivers when he hugged her from behind and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"mmm...I'd like to ask you the same question" she whispered as she leaned back to kiss his cheek.

"I never thought when we started dating that we'd be here down the road... happy with two children"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:00 pm

"Two beautiful children, my gorgeous girl and everything that we have ever dreamed off" he whispered.

Spinning around so that he was facing her, casting a glance over his shoulder to see if the boys were anywhere in sight as he turned back to Amy. His hands drifted to her waist as he hoisted her from the floor so that she was sitting on the edge of the counter.

"I have everything that I have ever wanted" he grinned.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:05 pm

She blinked and giggled when he picked her up and set her on the counter. "Hoyt!" she teased as she bit her lower lip.

"Come now...you gotta let me cook dinner or you and the boys will get really hungry" she said as he held her close.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:10 pm

"Dinner can wait a while" he whispered into her ear.

His arms locked around her waist and held her close to his own body. His lips placing soft and gentle kisses along her jaw line as he could feel the smile in her face grow. But he remained on alert just in case they got a visit from the boys. Although it hasn't happened in a while since the time that they both walked in on he and Amy in bed one morning, although that did come up with an excuse, they called it wrestling.

It seemed to work then, but he doubted that it would work now.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:13 pm

She let out a soft sound as Hoyt teased her with his kisses. She hoped he was paying attention as their sons were just down the hall in their rooms. She'd be mortified if they caught them again... once when they'd been children but now? they were old enough to know what was really going on.

"mmm...Hoyt... you haven't been this playful in a while" she whispered.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:23 pm

"Maybe because I have been waiting on the right time...We have been through a lot these last few years. And I ain't getting any younger" he grinned.

His hands drifted to her waist as he lifted her down from the counter and pulled her to the kitchen doorway, looking and listening to see if he could hear the boys, but all he could hear was laughter.

"Follow me" he whispered as he pulled her towards their bedroom.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:30 pm

She blinked and blushed before he helped her down from the counter. She kept silent as he pulled her to their bedroom.

She remembered when they had once been all rooming at the motel. Now they owned a modest house where they could roam and live without taking space at the motel.

"Hoyt what are you up to?" she asked in a soft voice.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:36 pm

"It's a surprise" he stopped to whisper.

Meanwhile he listened out again for the boys and all he could hear was laughter as they played on some video game as he could hear the TV blasting from their room. Slowly he pulled her into their bedroom as he flipped on the light switch and instantly closed the door behind them both.

As soon as the door was closed, he turned swiftly to Amy and his lips found hers. His arms wrapped around her waist and held her close to his body.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:47 pm

She blinked when he closed the door behind him but felt herself melt in his arms when he kissed her. Between work, raising the kids and money troubles they seldom had some romantic time alone but now, oh now she could just spend eternity being held by Hoyt.

"mmmm" she whispered, wrapping her arms around his neck.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:57 pm

"....I...love....you" he whispered

His lips molded to Amy's as though he was born for her, as though he had been brought into this world to meet her. He could not imagine his life without Amy, or the twins. He had everything that he ever needed, his family.

".....More than my own life" he whispered onto her flesh.

His hands wrapped around her as he guided her towards their large bed.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:06 pm

She enjoyed his kiss but something he said snapped her out of it.

".....More than my own life"

She stopped and looked at him. "Hoyt...I can't imagine my life without you... but at this rate...I will outlive you due to being a fae" she whispered as she looked at him with worry.

"Will you...will you let me bind my life to yours? so if you perish first... I won't have to spend a second without you?"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:26 pm

Hoyt was stopped in his tracks when he heard her remark about outliving him. True he had been thinking of this a lot lately but never spoke up to voice his concern. But how could he let Amy give up her own life for him when the time came. The boys would need her, no matter where he was, he would always be there with her.

"...I cannot ask you to do such a thing....The boys will need you...When the time comes, I know that you, Elijah and Lucas will be there...That is all that matters to me" he whispered.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:29 pm

She shook her head and hugged him. "I can't bare to be without you Hoyt... you are my light, my rock. You're my everything" she whispered, looking up at him with weepy eyes.

"Please...don't make me even imagine a day when you're not around" she said softly. It had been something on her mind, to make this pact. She'd already talked it over with her brother who was willing to officiate. but it could only happen if Hoyt agreed.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:42 pm

As much as it pained him to hear what she was saying, he could not bare to live his life without her. He did not know what he would do without her by his side. It was as though he would be loosing.

"....If it is what you want....." he whispered cupping her cheek.

He looked down and grasped her hands into his own.

"....The it is what I want...I can't bare a life without you, including in death" he smirked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:22 pm