For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

+6
John Quinn
Brianna Jackson
Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
Alcide Herveaux
Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
Sookie Stackhouse
10 posters

REUNION PARTY!

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

REUNION PARTY!  Empty REUNION PARTY!

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:29 am

She had arrived earlier with Alcide to start decorating for the party tonight; in truth, she was planning on having Savannah and Jayson do most of it while she stood to the side and watched. It was hard to believe that so much had started in this little building.

Arlene had done a really good job of keeping it well kept, though she had a feeling Coby and Lisa had done the majority of it later on. It looked new; they had put in new booths and repaired the seats, cleaned up the decor a bit. It still felt homey, but felt a bit classier too. Still had the old feel, though - comfort, family. She missed this place.

As Savannah hung the last of the lights and stepped back to put her arm around Ethan, Sookie smiled. "It looks perfect, sweetheart." She reached out a wrinkled hand and gently ran her fingers over her daughters hand. This was nice. And she definitely couldn't wait to see everyone.

The sun had gone down not long before, so she knew everyone should be arriving soon. It was going to be a wonderful night filled with memories.

Last edited by Sookie Stackhouse on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

REUNION PARTY!  Empty Re: REUNION PARTY!

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:56 pm

She smiled when he kissed the inside of her palm, snuggling up against him in the back of the limo that drove them to Bellefleur's. It was like deja vu almost, considering this was where it all had started. Well, for them anyway. She remembered the struggle when she fought to shift her feelings for Quinn and James, ultimately James was the one. It just took her a while to see it. She looked up at him with her head on his chest and smiled softly.

"Are you ready to see everyone again?" He expressed his happiness to see everyone and she agreed. It might be hard, seeing the humans aged. She wondered what Sookie looked like. It had been a long while since she had seen her. Alcide and Sookie's wedding...that was it.

Holding onto James' hand, she grasped her dress to lift it so it would not drag the ground as she walked. A sleek, curve hugging silver dress that revealed her perfect cleavage. She had one silver clip holding the side of her hair up. It had been about five years since she saw Bill, and even longer since she spoke to Brianna. After all, she did have her sloppy seconds. That was mean, she smiled at her little inside joke and shook her head of the thoughts. She had James now, nothing else mattered.

"SOOKIE! Oh my god you look....old. I'm sorry I didn't mean that! Can I hug you?" She giggled and rushed to her old friend, literally.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:14 pm

{He came around the corner from the kitchen carrying bowls of chips and salsa that Sookie and Arlene insisted be there. Not to mention that half the guests were dead...undead, whatever. Smiling, he heard Jessica and chuckled.} "Old? Not all of us are as lucky as you vamps. That's okay, I think she aged gracefully."

{He set the bowls down and kissed Savannah's forehead, slapped Ethan on the back and chuckled.} "Where's my little angel?" {Ethan grinned and pointed to a booth where their seven year old daughter sat, eating fries. He gave Jayson a high five and walked over to Jessica, wrapping her up in a hug.} "Well if it ain't my favorite baby vamp. Not a baby anymore." {He grinned and shook James hand, looking between them. Jessica had opened a hospital in the area and had done all she could for good causes, from donations to helping charities. If there was any vampire he liked, it was her. Her maker Bill, not so much, but he dealt with it.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:19 pm

The first thing she saw was the flash of red and then when she heard the voice, her heart leaped into her throat. "Jess? Jess, is that you?!" The sight of the young vampire that had at one point almost become her stepdaughter caused her to smile wide and chuckle at her words. "Old. Must be nice to never age," she said while still grinning and wrapping her arms around the vampire.

"It's been ages, Jess! How are you?" Her eyes glanced over Jessica's body and she shook her head; it must be nice to never age. She missed the body she had when she had first met Alcide. Speaking of, when he came up and hugged Jess, her heart skipped. He still took her breath away after all these years.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:26 pm

"Coby, Lisa, Mikey, get your tails in here and help me with this ice!" She called from behind the bar and huffed out a breath when her back started to ache again. Andy said he was bringing the food, but he was late...as usual. That man was so old, he had no hair and glasses that always fell down his nose. She was so proud of her kids, they had all grown up and got married and popped out some kids of their own...all good kids. No evil babies. Mikey was the troubled one when he was a teen, but he straightened out and worked as a jailer over in Monroe.

"Thank you babies."

"Mom, we aren't babies anymore." Coby said in his deep voice. Her son, the dentist. She smiled softly and nodded.

"But you'll always be my babies." Lisa chuckled and gave her mother a tight hug. She had gone off to college and got a degree to teach. She was a teacher over at the Elementary school in Bon Temp. Arlene never remarried, but she was great friends with the new Sheriff ever since Andy had retired. Kenya went off to work somewhere else after Jason passed and there were all new deputies. Shockingly most of em were supes. The guy Arlene was seeing was a shifter she met through Sam. Bless Sam's heart, he did a lot for her and her kids. Speaking of, where was that man.

She smiled and went over to socialize with some of the guests who had showed up. "Jessica Hamby, well hot dog! Look at you still the only red head in town now." She laughed at her joke since her hair was streaked with white.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:41 pm

She giggled and hugged Sookie. Turning to see Arlene, she laughed with her and shook her head. "Oh I missed you and your wit Arlene. It's been a long time. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone it was a bottle job." She gave a wink and looked back at Sookie, then Alcide as he came out of the back. It surprised her when he hugged her like they were best friends. She never had anything against him, he was a great man. The look on Sookie's face on her wedding day was the same look she hoped she'd have if and when she ever married. James hadn't asked yet, and she was content with their relationship. It was her longest one yet. 36 years now? She had lost count. She looked around at the kids who had grown up and her mouth fell open.

"Wow, you're kids...are...grown? Time...just goes so fast. Is Sam coming? Oh, and Jason? How's he been Sookie?"
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:41 pm

The car pulled up along side another outside Bellefleur's as Brianna sat twiddling her thumbs as she was anxious about tonight. Was Jessica going to be there? Was Bill and Kiara going to be there? What would Bill say about her and Quinn arriving together? She reached out and gave Quinn's gave a fairly tight squeeze as he soothed her with his gentle touch as he stroked the back of her hand. As the door opened, Brianna slid out of the car as Quinn followed behind in suit.

As she placed her arm around his as he assured her that everything was going to be alright, she let him guide her into the Bellefleur's as she was assaulted with whatever cooked foods that were being served. It was then she spotted Jessica talking with Sookie, taking an un-needed breath as her grip tightened around his arm as she looked a little uneasy.

Things were going to be alright, they had to be.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:45 pm

He kissed her cheek and led her inside. Old memories flooded his mind as he saw a few recognized faces. He saw what had to be the children, no longer children. Had so much time passed? Seeing Jessica, he understood Brianna's nervousness. He looked again at the other faces and they waited near the door, smiling, but unsure how welcome they would be.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:55 pm

At the mention of Jason, she stopped breathing. She didn't know? She took a deep breath and shook her head sadly. "Jess, Jason... Jason's gone. He," she dabbed at her eyes and let out a shaky sigh. "He killed himself 18 years ago. Pill overdose. They found him in his tub." She cut her eyes to Savannah and Jayson, still feeling bad that they had never said exactly what had happened to him. It had been easier for them not to know

"I don't know about Sam. I know his wife, Nicole, passed away a few years ago from breast cancer. But he'll be here in a bit, I'm sure! I can't wait to see him; I've missed the old dog." She grinned at her little joke and reached out for Alcide's hand; he always helped her get along when it came to Jason. She missed him so much, and was still angry with him for doing what he did. She'd never forget missing that phone call. It was something she'd regret til the day she died.

She grinned at Arlene and shook her head, just smiling at her old friend. It was hard to believe that Coby and Lisa and Mikey were all so big now; grown up. She still remembered babysitting them. "Jess, we have TruBlood inside if you want some."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:57 pm

Brianna gripped John's arm tighter as she looked around the bar, the spot where she had first met Jason all those years ago lingered in her mind. 

He should have been here.

It was then she spotted Sookie and Alcide, as she nodded to John as they both headed over to where Sookie was standing.

"Sookie...Hi, um thanks for inviting us. It was real sweet of you" she smiled.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:03 pm

Kiara looked around as she and Bill arrived. It was a tad awkward, seeing all these people here. She should be one of the old ones, thinking about the past, about what little time was left but instead she had all of eternity to look forward to.

Bill seemed surprisingly comfortable, but she wasn't surprised. After all these we're all people he knew and mingled with. Kiara knew a few by name, a few by face and most of everyone only through Bill. It was weird feeling like so much of a stranger.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:11 pm

Bill and Kiara had arrived at the bar, as though they had entered a whole new world. All those people that Bill had first met when he first arrived in Bon Temps, Sookie...He had been listening from outside as they approached as he heard Sookie talk about what happened to her brother Jason. He had heard about his accident, but not of his suicide.

He turned to Kiara as they entered as Kiara could see a look on her face of concern;

"Did you know about Jason?" he quizzed her, maybe that she would be able to give some information.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:13 pm

She shrugged "I picked up on it from some of my police buddies in a pack meeting several years ago" she said as she lowered her voice even more.

"Pill overdose... they ruled it a suicide" she said directly into Bill's ear.

"We were tangled up in the mess with Texas back then..." she added, so Bill didn't feel bad he hadn't been around when it happened.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:18 pm

"Such a shame, he was a great man" he whispered as he glanced at Sookie who was talking with Brianna.

Although he and Jason never really got on, he would never wish such an ending to a human life, especially one that meant so much to the people of Bon Temps.

And that was when he saw Brianna standing with John Quinn. He had an inkling that something was going on between them, until now he had no proof, but now. He turned to Kiara who could see the slow boiling anger in his face. 

"Come" he ordered Kiara.

Heading to the bar as he ordered himself a bottle of True Blood and Kiara her drink of choice.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:23 pm

Kiara spotted Brianna and Quinn about a split second before Bill and she tensed. Oh this wasn't going to be good. Bill could never take a woman in his life dating, regardless of who. Hell he still took an issue to Sophie's husband after all these years.

Quinn was another issue all together. With Brianna? oh something juicy must have happened for that couple to get together.

"Come" said Bill not giving her a chance to go over and gossip like any woman should. Instead she was dragged away with an irritated Bill. Great...now he was going to brood all night until she got him back home.

She plastered on a smile and went about normal. She'd deal with Bill's mood later, when they were alone.
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:23 pm

Pulling up outside Bellefleur's, I noticed I wasn't the last to arrive, as the lot was already getting quite full.

Feeling just a little twinge of discomfort, probably from the long drive, and the little bit of anxiety at seeing everyone after all these years, I parked in the nearest spot and got out of the car.

As I walked up to the door, I could hear the sounds of music, loud talking and laughter.  Kind of like old times.  I could smell the food too.  It smelled good, but not near as good as when I had been behind the grill.  Grinning to myself, I opened the door and walked in.

"Hey ya'll!!  The party can fuckin' start now!  Lafayette has arrived!"

Grinning as I looked around the room, seeing so many familiar faces.  And holy shit - all the kids are grown!  I just know that I'm gonna pick up my old Bon Temps accent after just one evening here.  My baby girl is gonna tease me like crazy about it.  She always did when I dropped my proper upper crust New Orleans speech.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:49 pm

Quinn leaned in toward Brianna and whispered in her ear.
    "I am beginning to think you were right about not coming but since we are already here, we might as well make the best of things."

He turned to Sookie and flashed her a broad smile.

"It has been a long time, Sookie. You look wonderful. I was sorry to hear about your brother. I was stuck in Rome at the time or I would have come for the funeral."

Quinn glanced down in annoyance as his pocket began to vibrate.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:55 pm

"Do we honestly have to go....you know nearly all your friends hate me."

*Rayne said, adjusting her white, latex eye patch, Tara kissed Rayne's knuckles, and then, the white eye patch.*

"You're being to critical on yourself, besides it's a reunion, no one is going to try and start trouble, everyone wants to just catch-up, and I think the eye patch is sexy, so stop sweating it."

*Tara said kissing Rayne's cheek. Tara had to learn to love the eye patch, for Christ's sake, it was her fault. In 2027, she had vanished from the large home, her and Rayne had shared. Kidnapped by the Satanic cult, that Tara thought she had obliterated, she was foolish, she had thought being a vampire, would have easily swayed them to leave without consequence. That was both stupid and a ridiculous assumption. It was also what led to her to believe that there location was secure. It wasn't. One night they decided they wanted revenge, Rayne wasn't the one who answered the door, as they would have liked. Instead it was Tara.....Tara spent two years starved, being burned, and other various tortures, she wasn't even sure how long, but in 2029, Rayne had found her, and in doing so had lost her eye, she never really got over it, it wouldn't even heal as it was cut out with a silver knife, the blade being left in her eye, for a while, eventually she got out of her binding, because they had not bled her first like they did Tara. Rayne killed them all, quickly, and fed the blood to Tara. Tara arose after the two year prison, and vowed to never be a victim again. However she felt a constant need to always attend to anything Rayne needed, or wanted, after all she had saved her life.*

"I'm not going to be comfortable here....it's not like we ever really hung out with any of your old friends, often....Estoy nervioso mi amor."

"Don't be.....just relax.....please.....do this for me, and I will owe you....more then I already do."

*Tara said with a sigh, and walked inside, memories flooded her of working at Merlottes, Sam, Sookie, Jessica, Arlene, shit even Jane Bodehouse, and then she saw a sigh that made her grin, ear to ear.*

"Lafayette! Bitch I know you ain't ignoring me, get your black ass over here and give your cousin some love!"

*Rayne stayed at Tara's side, looking oddly awkward, but there for her Maker, and lover.*

REUNION PARTY!  TaraandRayne

Last edited by Tara Mae Thornton on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:57 pm

It was strange seeing everyone again; Bill, of course, looked the same. And Kiara was as beautiful as ever. She didn't miss the look on his face when he saw Quinn and Brianna together, though.

"Brianna, I wouldn't have missed the chance to catch up." She smiled at her and looked around when she heard Lafayette come in, which just set her happiness lever even higher. She had always liked him. "Lafayette!" she cried as she shuffled, her version of running, over towards him. She was stopped halfway there by Quinn.

Hearing him mention Jason brought another tear to her eye, but she pushed it away. "Thank you, John. I'm doing okay, considering. It's been 18 years. I'm still pissed off that he took the easy way out, but it is what it is. I miss him. How have you been? It's been way too long." She waved at Brianna again and offered her a smile. She wanted to speak to Bill before he left, too.

Alcide had gone to talk to Savannah about some more food, leaving her to greet all the guests. Typical man.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:59 pm

Brianna remained quiet as Quinn spoke with Sookie as he talked about her brother, it still hurt her knowing that Jason wasn't here. If only she had been there for him when he needed someone, but she wasn't and that was something that she would have to live with for the rest of her life. She glanced when she heard something buzzing from his pocket.

"Sweetie, maybe you should get that" she whispered to Quinn.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:00 pm

Kiara was sipping a rum and coke as she looked around. Bill was in full brooding mood. On a normal night she wouldn't mind, just meant more of a challenge to get him to bed but at a party? oh no..this was just more bad news.

She spoted Mrs Stackhouse... well Mrs Herveaux now. Alcide had always been a good wolf, a bit bad choosing the ladies but good overall so she was glad to see he and Sookie had had a good life together.

Kids she had vaguely seen years pass were now all grown up. Children and grandchildren mingled about. It was weird to think how in her life time both stood still but kept on going as well.

She turned her gaze to Bill. "It's no use keeping that brooding look love... you might as well enjoy yourself" she said calmly.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Quinn stepped aside and spoke quietly on the phone while everyone was catching up, then stepped close to Brianna again.

"Bri, I have to head off early. Tessa has some legal forms for the estate and they need to go out tonight with my signature on them. I'm sorry to leave you here like this. Tolin will stay with the car. I know this area well enough to travel the other way, and there are still some of my things at the house. I'll see you there later tonight."

He kissed her cheek and said his goodbyes, then headed toward the door.
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:07 pm

"Tara! Damn cuz, but don't you look fuckin' fine! And this must be your wife.

Wrapping my arms around both of them, and just holding on. It had been so long, I was holding them as if I would never see them again. Wiping a tear from my eye, I kissed Tara on the cheek.

Stepping back to get a better look at the crowd, I heard Sookie.

"Oh my God girl!! Look at you! And Alcide! It's definitely old home week.

Going over to hug Sookie, I whispered in her ear, "I'm so sorry about Jason honey. Just ain't the same without him here."

Looking around, "Where the fuck is that shifter Sam? Hey Arlene, how's about some gumbo and a beer?"
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:09 pm

"Your leaving?" she whispered as she gazed around the room.

Of course, work always came first. But she understood, maybe she would go and talk with Kiara and Bill if she had to.

"Alright sweetie" she nodded as he kissed her cheek and he took his leave.

At times like this, she wished that she could drink. But for now it looked like True Blood as she headed for the bar.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:14 pm

"Enjoy myself? I would rather enjoy myself at home in bed sweetheart" he whispered into Kiara's ear.

As Bill gave a quick glance around the bar as he saw Sookie, as their eyes met she turned away to go and sort something out. He wanted to speak to her when he had a chance.

"...But we shall stay for as long as you want" he assured her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:35 pm