For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

A Meeting of Coincidence?

Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

A Meeting of Coincidence?  Empty A Meeting of Coincidence?

Post by Brianna Jackson Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:14 am

Never again would Brianna try dating sites on-line for vampires, that turned out to be a big bust. Turns out that the man that she was supposed to meet was just a fang banger wanting to be turned into a vampire, and he made it plain that he wanted Brianna to do it. Besides she didn't even know how to do it. As she made her way back to Bon Temps from Baton Rouge she could hear her cell buzzing in her pocket as she stood just outside her Maker's mansion as she pulled her cell out and saw that she had 3 missed calls and a voice-mail all from Bill.

Hitting the call button as she listen to the voice-mails knowing that it would be about her leaving without a word.

'Brianna, I do not like when you leave without a word. Return home immediately or I shall be forced to summon you home'

Ending the voice mail before she heard any more switched her cell off and returned it back to her pocket as a smirk spread across her face. She was out now, she may as well enjoy it. But first she needed some blood and she knew just the place to get some; Merlotte's Bar and Grill. Taking off at full speed as she was going to enjoy this night as much as she could, knowing that Bill would be mad.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

A Meeting of Coincidence?  Empty Re: A Meeting of Coincidence?

Post by John Quinn Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:33 am

John smirked as he pulled out of the driveway. Cassia had come home, and he had promised Arabella that the two of them could have the house to themselves for the majority of the night. He was happy though. He knew how much they meant to each other. Sending Cassia home had been very hard on Arabella, as was waiting to see if she returned. He thought about it for a minute and knew there was really only one place for him to go to kill some time. Maybe he could even find some sort of distraction along the way.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:32 pm

The door creaked open as Brianna was met with the strong pungent smell of beer and strong spirits as she entered Merlotte's. Since she had been here a few times already no one really gave her much attention which she was glad about. Giving a gentle wave to Holly who was tending behind the bar as she called that she would bring her blood over. Holly was one of the nicer waitresses that Brianna had met, she had met Arlene but she was still getting over the death of her husband Terry. She had heard that he was a great guy, it was a shame that she didn't get the chance to meet him.

Sliding into a booth at the back as her chair faced the door as Holly appeared within minutes with a fresh bottle of AB negative True Blood as Brianna pulled out her purse and paid for it giving Holly a tip which she thanked for. Scanning around as there wasn't that many people in the bars, no Jason Stackhouse which she was glad of since their first meeting. 

She was just going to enjoy the time that she had left before Bill summoned her home.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:57 pm

As he pulled into the parking lot at Merlotte's, he grinned. It had been too long since he had been out alone. Vincent would kill him for ditching the bodyguard and driving himself, but his little assistant was doing a very nice job of distracting him at the moment. He got out of the car and stretched. Walking toward the doors, he picked up the scent of a vampire...and one he did not know. As he stepped inside, he looked around and saw her. Perhaps this would be an interesting night after all. He nodded to Holly and walked toward the table where the new vampire was sitting.

"The place is kind of dead tonight. Mind if I join you?"
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:38 pm

Spinning the bottle between her fingertips as she gazed to the label of the True Blood as she memorized the labelling on the back as a way to distract herself from the boredom. Sometimes she hated being a vampire as it hung an invisible sign above her head that said 'Vampire -Watch Out' as if it wasn't bad enough that she didn't have many friends as it was. Since Willa had not been responding to her calls and she wasn't even thinking about Jessica right now. She was distracted in her own little world and was not paying attention to anyone or anything around her.

It wasn't until she heard a voice break her out of her boredom as she felt her mouth dry instantly as she took in his sight, she couldn't summon her voice so say what she wanted to say. But right now she was alone, some company couldn't be bad.

"Dead being the operative word...Sure" she grinned.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:05 pm

As he joined her, he looked her over, and grinned.

"Thanks. I always hate sitting alone in places like this. It makes conversation rather boring."

He thought a bit on what to say and noticed the type of trueblood she was drinking.

"I've heard the AB Negative is good, but a friend of mine positively gushes over the B Positive, you should give it a try some time."

He motioned to Holly and she brought him a beer. He paid her and smiled as she walked away. As he took a drink, he watched her body language to gauge how she would respond.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:15 pm

"Hang around with vampires often do you?" she quizzed curiously.

Raising her bottle of blood to her lips as she let the blood glide down her throat.

"But thank you. I much prefer AB Negative" she assured him.

Smiling at Holly as she brought over a bottle of beer as she smiled sweetly as she returned to the bar. As she turned her attention back to him she couldn't but sense a familiarity about him like she had seen him before.

"Have we met before?" she frowned.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:22 pm

"I have had occasion to socialize with them from time to time, yes."

He took a drink and smiled. This one had a quick sense of humor. This could be fun.

"As for your question, I would say no. There is no way I would forget such a beautiful face. Are you new in Bon Temps? I can't believe we have not bumped into each other before."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:27 pm

"You catch on quick don't you?" she grinned playfully.

Spinning the bottle between her fingertips again as she heard his last question and could not help but bat her eyelashes in surprise to his remark about her beauty.

"I am new. I recently moved her a few months ago to be with my Maker. He has a place by the cemetery. You know him?" she quizzed as she took a sip of her blood.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:45 pm

Quinn had to catch himself before he spoke. This was another of Compton's progeny? He had heard rumor of more being made, but he had not expected so young a vampire to be so...interesting.

"Ah yes. Mr. Compton. I must say he has wonderful taste. He and I have had dealings on occasion. I was even a guest in his home for a while. Things have always remained civil between us, despite a bit of a cluttered history. As of late, we have had little to speak of or I am certain you and I would have met."

He slowly took a drink of his beer as he considered things.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:17 am

Brianna was a little shocked that he had stayed in her Maker's home for a while, but still that did not explain why Bill had that file on him. She put that to the back of her mind for something to ask Bill later when he had free time which was hardly ever but she would make him have free time.

"Perhaps we might have" she grinned as she slowly raised her blood to her lips.

Placing her bottle back onto the table as her eyes caught his gaze.

"I wouldn't really call it taste for the reason that he chose me. It was more....Wrong place, wrong time kid of thing" she forced a saddened smile across her face. "Cluttered history? Dare I ask what that is?" she quizzed.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Hearing the sad tone in her voice, he decided on a course of action. He reached across the table. lifting her chin to look in her eyes.

"Well, I am glad he did make that choice. You are a very interesting young lady. As for the history, that would be a lengthy conversation that I would be happy to discuss, though that is something to plan for a future discussion."

He slipped a card on the table, sliding it across.

"If you ever need to talk, even if it is just to shoot the proverbial shit, you can reach me here."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Brianna couldn't help but allow her smirk to spread across her face as she felt his hand on her skin, she felt she could melt into a puddle at this very booth.

"It wasn't his choice..." she abruptly ended.

She remembered Bill's list of things not to talk about with other people, the last thing that she needed was Bill on her case right now. Looking at the card that he slid across to her as she picked it up and slid it into her pocket.

"Thank you....Sorry I don't even know your name. My names Brianna. Brianna Jackson" she smiled sweetly.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:19 pm

He took her hand in his, kissing the back of her hand.

"Jonathan Quinn. It is my pleasure to meet you, Brianna. I hope it is not the last time."

He let her hand slip from his and smiled, looking into her eyes.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:24 pm

If she could blush right now she would.

Jonathan Quinn.

"So your the infamous Quinn that I have heard so much about" she chuckled "I guess I should apologize for Jessica for what she did" seeing his expression "I hear a lot of things in that place, Bill seems to forget that I am even there half the time" she shrugged.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 pm

He sighed, of course she knew about Jessica and her boy toy, but chuckled in spite of himself.

"Jessica made her choice and I accepted that some time ago. We were a rough match at best, but perhaps another option will come along in due time. My progeny and her companion found each other. Perhaps one day I will find mine as well. As for your earlier question, as to your Maker and I, to give you the short version, he did not approve of all of my business partners, and it caused a bit of tension, though we do not let it get in the way of business."

Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:40 pm

"Who knows, my star sign always says that the right person will come along when you least expect it...My fath-...Sorry sometimes I forget that my human life doesn't matter any more" she smirked a little uncomfortably.

Playing around with her bottle on the table before taking another sip as she tried to calm herself, she was acting like a nervous hormonal teenager.

"You know more about Bill than what I do, he makes all these promises to teach me how to be a better vampire. But all he cares about is his precious Jessica...He is weird, he is always having the place searched, like he is trying to find something. He's secretive, he is hiding something that he doesn't want anyone to find" she sighed
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:48 pm

Quinn's smile faded for a moment as he looked at her seriously.

"Brianna, never believe that. Your human life is a part of who you are now. Never forget that."

Quinn laughed.

"That last part might be partially my fault. I like to keep tabs on things in whatever city I live in, and he knows that. He may think I slipped something in while I was staying there."

He thought for a moment and spoke again.

"As for the helping you learn, if you want I would be happy to help you. You might also want to talk with my daughter, er..progeny. Sorry, I always see her as more of a daughter. She has been a vampire for quite a while and may be able to answer questions I cannot."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm

"Bill took me from my family, and he saved me. My father was going to kill me because he saw a demon instead of his daughter. He took all his memories away from him while I have to live with them. I know he tried to kill me, but he is still my father, was my father" she ended.

Hearing his answer back about why Bill would be searching for something that was probably not even there in the first place. He was just paranoid or something. But she frowned as she heard him say that he had a progeny;

"Really? You would do that for me? Why? You barely even know me.....Wait! You have a progeny? That's impossible. Only vampires have progeny's, and you are certainly not vampire. Your drinking that for a start" she stated pointing to his beer.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:03 pm

Quinn chuckled.

"How can a non-vampire have a progeny, you say. That in itself is a long tale as well. Perhaps simply wait to make that judgement until you have had the chance to meet her. As for my offer, it is genuine. I have been around vampires for a long time, by my own preference mainly. Older vampires tend to be very blunt and that is a refreshing change from the petty human duplicity. As a result, I have learned a great deal about them. What I cannot teach you, perhaps Arabella can. There are no strings to the offer, and it is an open one. Simply think on it."

He flashed her a smile.

"As for your personal history, here is your first lesson. Do not forget who you were but also remember who you are. You are Brianna. Your past is not a cage to bind you but a platform to climb from."

He rested his hand on hers, tracing patterns on the back of her hand.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:12 pm

Hearing his words as she felt herself freeze as his hand rested on hers as she felt her skin prickle. Why would Jessica cheat on him? He looked like a decent enough guy and he was pretty cute to. Shoving those thoughts to the back of her head as she tried to focus on the now.

"I don't need to think about your offer. I accept. I will be waiting an eternity for Bill to teach me like he always promises to do but then never does" she shrugged again. "Thank you for this, its been a long time since I have been able to actually talk to someone who understands. I don't have many friends. I don't know anyone in this town, well except for Holly" she indicated to Holly behind the bar.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Quinn smiled when she did not pull her hand away.

"I am happy to hear it, and we will keep things at your pace. As for talking, that is always available...well, after sunset anyway."

He flashed her an impish grin.

"How about we take a walk, there is a moonlight view you really have to see."

He slipped from the booth and offered her his hand.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:24 pm

Her pace? What did that mean?

"Sure I would love" as she slid from the booth as she reached into her pocket and pulled out a few dollars and left them on the table as a tip for Holly as she accepted his hand and let him guide her out of the bar.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:29 pm

As they walked out of the bar, he led her along a thin, but well walked path around the building. As they cleared the edge of the bar, the path widened and the trail could be seen winding around the lake. He led her along until they reached a small wooden dock that had been stained by the years it had been here. He motioned for her to sit and joined her there. He nodded and pointed out over the lake as the mist rose from the surface to catch the moonlight.

"I never get tired of this sight. It seems almost magical. You said you were new here so I thought you would appreciate seeing something like this."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:34 pm

Brianna let Quinn lead her through a thin pathway through the trees and shrubbery as it opened out onto an old weathered worn dock that stretched out onto the lake. Letting out a sigh as she felt like she had entered a whole new realm of magic as she could see the mist dancing lightly above the lake.

Sitting on the edge of the dock as she removed her shoes and placed them next to her and let her feet sink into the cool crisp water as she giggled as she looked to where he was pointing and smiled sweetly.

"It really is beautiful....Magical...Thank you for this Quinn. I love it" she grinned.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:08 am