For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Life Changing

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Life Changing Empty Life Changing

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:43 pm

~16 years old~

Jessica sat on her bed writing in her diary and listening to her newest favorite song by the breakout country star, Taylor Swift. {He’s the reason for the teardrops on my guitar, the only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star…} She was home with Eden since their parents were out at some adult church function. If her parents knew she had spent last summer’s babysitting and chore money on an ipod and music, she’d be grounded and it would be taken.

They considered anything but gospel as the devil music. They were strict and she knew not to cross them…well it was more her daddy. A single tear fell and hit the paper she was writing on. If only she could just talk to him, tell him how she felt. She was writing about Jeremy…the second string quarterback in her Chem 2 class. He was so….hot.

She continued writing in her diary as the song began again. She loved Taylor Swift, there was always a song to depict how she was feeling or thinking. She looked up to see Eden standing at the foot of her bed. Closing her diary and removing her ear plugs she sighed, “What is it?”

“Phone call…it’s for you. Some guy…says his name is Jeremy.”

She gasped and moved to get out of her bed quickly, tangled up in the headphone wires she tripped and fell to the floor with a thud. She got up and flushed, moving around Eden to get to the hallway. Slowly picking up the phone, she spoke. “He-Hello?”

“Jessica? Hey it’s Jeremy from Chem 2. Sorry to call so late but I can’t find my notes for Chem 2 exam this Friday, I was wondering if I could get a copy from you?”

“I uh…well I mean…If you need…I…yes, sorry yes. You…you can.” Kill me now, she thought as she looked at Eden who was smiling and watching on with interest.

“Great, I’ll pass by and pick them up now. I’m in the neighborhood.”

“NO! I mean…no, my uh…my parents aren’t home and if they find—“

“If your parents aren’t home, that’s perfect. Isn’t it?”

“Well I…guess…so?”

“Great. I’ll be there soon. Thanks Jessica, you’re really great.”

She smiled bigger and flushed more. She had to find something to wear and quick. The LSU t-shirt and pajama bottoms were not flattering. When she hung up the phone, she flew past Eden to grab some clothes. Oh my god, he would be in her house! While her parents were out! Oh….

She turned and got down to Eden’s eye level. “Please…if you have any care for me please do not tell momma and daddy I had a boy come over. He’s just picking up notes…that’s it I swear. Please Eden, please.”

Eden giggled. “Is he cute.” Jessica smiled and flushed again. Nodding her head, she blew out a breath.

“Oh…God yes.”

“I’m in. Secret safe with me. But you owe me one Jess.” Jessica smiled and hugged her sister, moving quickly to the bathroom to get jeans and a peach top on.

Life Changing Empty Re: Life Changing

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:50 pm

She was so nervous, her hands trembled. She grabbed her notes and waited on the porch for him to get there. Eden watched from inside, peeking by the window. When a car stopped in front of her house, she gulped hard and nervously smiled. He looked so damn good. She cleared her throat and pulled her hair behind her ear.

"Hey, thanks again."

She looked down, "Oh it's...no problem. Here you go. I know it pretty much, so you can just...keep it." She smiled and looked up at him. He took the papers she had extended and her hand touched his. She fidgeted and shifted her weight nervously. He was...so close to her and he smelled so good. Her legs trembled and she felt like her face was on fire.

"You going to the dance next week?"

"Oh...uh...no, probably not."

"Why not?"

Why was he asking her that? She couldn't say because she didn't have a date, and she couldn't say because her parents were weird...Shrugging, she made it up. "Just not my thing." He grinned and she felt her insides flutter.

"JESSICA JUDITH HAMBY!"

She paled and turned to see her father and mother coming from the other side of the house with angry looks on their faces. "And who is this?" Jeremy smiled and held out his hand to Jessica's dad to shake.

"Jeremy Evans, sir. I go to school with Jessica. She was giving me some notes for a test."

"In the house Jessica. NOW!" She felt like she could die. Her dad didn't even shake his hand. "I am giving you two seconds to leave my property. No self respecting young man would come to a girls house when her parents are out."

"Ye-yes sir." Jeremy turned and left. That was it...he'd never talk to her ever again. She looked at Eden as she entered the house and knew what was coming.

"Go hide." She whispered, not wanting her sister to see her punishment. Her parents entered the house and Jessica stepped back nervously. Her father was angry. Her mother looked petrified. "In the family room. NOW!" Her father ordered.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:56 pm

She looked at Eden and then to her parents who had already retreated there. When she entered the room she started, "Daddy I know it looks bad and it was all my doin' not Eden. She didn't know. I was just tryin' to help a friend, daddy I 'm sorry."

"Sit. Now." She sat and swallowed hard, watching her mother sit like a coward in the loveseat. Eden sat next to her. Her father wiped his brow and blew out a breath. "We were called in to the church for an emergency meeting. It's all over the news. The world is no longer safe. Rapture is comin' I just know it. Vampers....vampers are coming out their coffins as they say and they are gonna kill us all! You just wait!"

Jessica gasped. Was this a joke? "Vampires? But...I don't...how?"

Her father turned on the tv and flipped it to the news where broadcasts from CNN were stating that vampires had revealed themselves and wanted to live in peace. Nan Flanagan was supposedly a vampire who was their spokesperson. Jessica watched on in interest and horror. Vampires....existed?

This was huge.

"I don't want either of you out after dark. Ever. You hear me? Not on our porch, not in the yard, no where you understand?!"

Eden spoke first, "Yes sir. Daddy I'm scared." While her dad comforted Eden and told her he'd protect them all, Jessica watched the tv with wide eyes. Vampires...lived among them. That was so cool. But scary....and life changing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:29 pm