For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Life with a twist

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Life with a twist Empty Life with a twist

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:51 am

Quinn felt his phone buzz as he headed to meet with Oliver's 'hit team'. He had no way to know what to expect them to be, but knowing Oliver, they would be effective. He pulled out his phone at a red light and read over the message from the Texas Queen.
    'I want the job done effective of immediately! Or I shall do it myself'

He tossed the phone on the seat as the light changed. He drove to the Galleria in Shreveport and pulled into the back lot, as agreed. He picked up his phone and sent a message to Arabella. He had not wanted them close but time was short.
    ~Toxic environment at the mall, time to go home.~
    He closed down the phone just as a black SUV pulled up near him. He stepped out, his knives hidden beneath his jacket. He held a small gun in his hand, which he displayed and made a show of lowering it to the roof of the car. He stepped three steps toward the car and stopped, framed in the headlights of both vehicles. Even from this distance, he could tell one thing about the team. Vampires...all of them. This could get complicated.

As he saw the four silhouettes step into the light, he heard one of them speak.

"Where is Oliver? He was to be at this meeting."

Quinn smirked and spoke slowly, "Oliver decided to get stupid and then he got dead. You are working with me now. If any of you have an issue with that, you are free to step out of the game."

He heard a bit of dark laughter from the group.

"You saved us the trouble, big man. We were tired of his games. You seem more like us...more direct."

"Right, now I just received a text from Isabel and she has changed the timetable, so whatever plans you had are scrapped. I have the location and access arranged for the younger target. Once that one is done, I can bring in the second without issue."

"No need, tavarish, the little slime tagged the car she has been using. This is why the meeting is here. She and your pet vampire are here shopping like little schoolgirls. They will be easy to pick off."

"Not as easy as you think, actually. The vehicle you are tracking is a decoy. They have been gone from here for a good while now in a separate one. They are secure in my own estate at the moment. This is why I told you I have things in order. My own security is in place and can be called away to an 'emergency' at just the wrong moment. No harm is to come to Arabella. Your only target will be the Compton's progeny. Is that understood?"

Quinn heard laughter that chilled his bones.

"Then your little pet best stay out of the way. One extra kill does not matter as long as we get the ones we are paid for. Since the game is already underway, when and where?"

"Simple. Right after sunset tomorrow. They are both late risers. There is a group of caves just east of my estate that will give you cover during the day. I will send you a signal when security has been distracted. At that point, she is all yours. Just remember, only the one vampire dies. You harm my Arabella and you will not see the moon finish it's rise."

"Agreed, tavarish, but do not be mistaken. We work for Queen Isabel, not for you."

Quinn smiled as they took the bait.

"Of course, tavarish, of course. Remember not to silver her too quickly. Isabel wants the fangs as trophies.

He picked up his gun and slipped back into the car. As he pulled away, he glanced at the licence plate and made note of it. It should be easy to grab a GPS ping on the SUV if he needed to. He pulled around the front of the mall and watched as Arabella and Brianna came out with several bags of clothes. He watched them leave, and then discreetly tailed them home.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:53 pm