For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Requiring A Favour

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Requiring A Favour  Empty Requiring A Favour

Post by Bill Compton Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:43 am

Bill had left word with Kiara that he would be leaving the safety of the estate to make an un scheduled visit to speak with John Quinn. He had increased the security whilst he was out of the mansion, Jessica was still too weak to see him as he left word with James that he would visit her upon his return. As he felt the car leave the grounds he knew that knowing Quinn he would have some security protocol in place as he pulled out his cell and quickly typed a message thanking Jessica that she had shown him how to send messages like these;

'On my way to your grounds. Shall be there shortly'

Hitting send as he dropped his cell into his pocket as he sat back in the back seat of his vehicle as he glanced out of the window as he watched everything pass by him. He hated going to Quinn with yet another favour but this is what he needed. He would just have to bite his tongue again, asking for Brianna's safety was one thing. But this was a much larger favour that he needed.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Requiring A Favour  Empty Re: Requiring A Favour

Post by John Quinn Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Quinn watched the security team walking around the chapel. Perhaps he was being excessive, but he was not taking chances. As the monitor flickered from area to area, his phone buzzed.

'On my way to your grounds. Shall be there shortly'

He hit the intercom.

"William Compton is in route. He is not to be stopped. Security authorization Tigris 6624. He is to be given all courtesy."

Interesting. He must have cut his trip short. This proved to be a most curious meeting. He glanced at the internal monitors and saw that all three of his charges were safe and secure. He rotated the screen to the larger monitor and locked in the live feed while he waited for Compton's arrival.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:36 pm

As the vehicle that he was travelling in broke through the trees he could see the estate of John Quinn come into view as he looked on curiously as the guards who were surrounding area did not stop his car. He assumed that Quinn had received his message and had organized that he was to be let through with ease.

As the car stopped just outside of Quinn's home as he skipped the formalities of protocol and exited the car without his usual assistance as he climbed the steps and stood outside the front door, out of courtesy he knocked on the door as he waited for someone to answer.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:58 pm

Quinn waved off the guard. Vincent was busy with his lady so he answered the door himself.

"Welcome, please come in."

Quinn turned, returning to his office. He walked over to the stockbar and selected a small bottle of blood and placed it on the warmer on the desk before taking his seat.

"I got the impression you were wanting to cut through the normal banter so shall we get right to things?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:05 pm

Bill entered the building as he followed Quinn through to what he assumed to be his office as he quickly scanned the surroundings around him, scanning out for Brianna. As he turned his attention back to Quinn as he glanced at the blood waiting for him.

"Yes....I have come here on a favour, one that I believe that I can....trust you with" he admitted.

Although he hated asking this of Quinn he felt like he had no choice. As he caught sight of a large screen monitor as he watched thoroughly as he spotted Brianna, Arabella and some unknown woman to him.

"She is safe?" he turned to quiz him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:12 pm

Quinn chuckled.

"Even more so that we are here. Three separate layers of titanium inlaid in the walls, four countermeasure light shielding, anti-infiltration protocols, and over fifty trusted guards in and around the building. She is as safe as she can be, and with enough provisions to last a month, all of it checked daily for purity. You trusted me with something precious, William. I do not take that lightly."

He flipped to the outer cameras and let Compton take in the view, waiting for him to speak again.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:17 pm

Bill heard all the fancy terms of what he had installed and what was protecting his youngest progeny as he watched the feed from their location as it he watched Brianna talk to Arabella. He could see her. She was safe and that was what he wanted to know the most as he turned his attention back to Quinn.

"Thank you...I...appreciate the job that you have undertaken. But my time here will be short and simple. There is something that I must ask of you, well two that perhaps your skill can be helpful with. If you are willing to hear what I have to say?" he questioned Quinn.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:21 pm

Compton's tone got his attention quickly. He flipped back to the internal feed and focused on Compton's words.

"Feel free."

He motioned to the blood on the warmer.

"I am more than willing to listen. As for what I have done, my Arabella has been making good strides in Brianna's training, and they seem to be becoming good friends. Feel free to begin when you are ready."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:29 pm

"I shall get straight to the point. Louisiana is going to war with Texas" he ended.

He left his last remark out there for his words to sink in. As he walked over to where his blood was as he took a mouthful of the blood as he cleared his throat.

"I cannot trust that Isabel will not try another attack on my progeny....their pain. I felt every piece of it, it crippled me to the point that I lost myself....What I am about to ask you to do, you can refuse but I hope that you won't....I want Brianna to remain with you on a permanent basis, until I feel that it is safe for her to return home. Jessica shall be transferred to a secure location until Isabel is no longer a threat. On a second note, if I am to be successful I shall need access to all that you know of Governor Burrell's arsenal" he requested.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:40 pm

Quinn was careful to show no surprise at the news. It was not really unexpected. He leaned forward, tying on his computer as he spoke to Compton.

"I think that can be arranged. It will facilitate a better pattern for her training as well by removing the need to transport. I do not see any issue in it and will have my people make arrangements."

He slipped a flash drive from a box in his desk into the computer's front and continued talking.

"As for the Governor's supplies and technology...I have access to a bit more than information."

He hit a button on the intercom. "Tolvin, step in here please."

He watched as Tolvin walked in and stepped to his normal spot by the garage door.

"Tolvin, I want half the Daybreak Armory transferred immediately to the Compton Estate, as well as a full archive of the files we recovered in the raid on the facility."

He looked to Compton, grinning sheepishly.

"I had learned where he was stockpiling and since he did not need it anymore...I..um..helped myself to the unclaimed goods. I am more than happy to help you with this...and I have something else for you."

He pulled the flash drive from the computer, wincing as he reached to hand it to Compton.

"You might find these video chats illuminating. It took my people a day or two to break the encryption and due to that it is a little grainy but you should find the conversations interesting. A friend of yours and I have a few discussions recently."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:52 pm

Bill waited patiently until Quinn had finished his conversation with a man named Tolvin.

"I appreciate your discretion on this matter. I cannot have any of this information leaked as I already believe there to be a rat" he told him.

Accepting the flash drive from him as he noticed that he was wincing.

"How badly were you hurt?" he quizzed as he heard his last remark about having a conversation with a friend of his, but he would look into that later after he watched what was on the flash drive.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:06 pm

Quinn smirked.

"Oh you already know the leak, or should I say used to."

He stood walking to the window and pointed out to a tree at the man tied there.

Requiring A Favour  Jamest10

"You remember Stefan, don't you? I thought about killing him but decided to save him for you as a gift."

He laughed and walked back to the desk.

"...as for my injury, it is nothing, I'll be fine. It is no worse that I had in the past and it is already healing. I do appreciate your concern through."

As he lowered himself into the chair, a groan escaped his lips, but his smile returned immediately.

"To clarify something you will hear on the video, I did some work for your friend a while back and she has always assumed she had me wrapped around her finger, but she has always had too high an opinion of her personal charms. She assumed I would work for her again and I played along to interdict the problem."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:16 pm

Bill followed Quinn to the window as he spotted someone that he knew instantly - Stefan. The leak. A growl lingered on his lips as he could already see himself breaking every bone in his body, but his anger was best saved for someone who was worth more than a blink in time.

"Give him to Brianna or Arabella to play with. But do not let them feed on him. We cannot take the risk that he is infected with Hep V" he snarled.

Turning back to Quinn who was now sat down again.

"My attentions are best served to someone who shall see what I have to offer" he smirked a little, knowing full of his intentions to Isabel "Isabel will no longer be a threat very soon that I can assure you. Jessica talked very highly of your training with her, I would appreciate that you also help train Brianna as much as you can. If it comes to a physical fight then she may be needed. But that is a last resort" he told Quinn.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:25 pm

"She held her own with the one who injured me briefly, letting Arabella and her donor get to safety. I do not think you give her enough credit. Remember, she is build from your own bloodline. I will train her as I did Jessica, though perhaps a bit more gently as she is quite a bit newer to her gifts. I nearly lost a rib to an accident a bit back. As for giving him to them, I will keep him alive as a subject for their training. Do you want video when he does die?"

He grinned wickedly, knowing full well what Compton had in mind for Isabel.

"Oh, since you brought up the Queen Bitch of Texas, she believes both your progeny to be dead and gone. 'Their' fangs were mounted and delivered to a shop in Dallas last night, along with a photo of their previous owners. She was kind enough to provide the real donors for the art project, though she does not know it."

He thought a moment and then spoke, gambling on his impression of the situation.

"With these new developments, I will need to take a more active and hands on participation in Brianna's education. Will that be an issue? Arabella is good and is learning fast, but there are things I can teach that she cannot."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:40 pm

"Did she really?" he looked on shocked.

Hearing that Brianna had stood up to someone who strong enough to injure Quinn, he found a sort of amusement in that, then heard his remark about a video tape.

"No that shall not be required. Stefan is nothing more a grain of sand in Isabel's plans. My attentions are more focused on Isabel herself" he told Quinn.

Bill took another mouthful of his blood;

"Whatever she allows you may proceed with. She is still very young and delicate, she is newer to this world and does not see the things the way that you or I see them. She believes that there is a goodness in everything, but she has yet to see and experience everything...I trust her life is safe with you?" he quizzed.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:45 pm

Quinn smiled.

"She is as safe as my own Arabella is. Arabella will still be maintaining her primary training, with me focusing mainly on combat and tactics, with some variant social manipulation training when needed. That, and of course, you man will still be at her side as he has been. I will be training her in blades and firearms as a precaution."

He stood, offering his hand to Compton.

"I know you have much to take care of, and I do not want to delay you needlessly. Please give my best to your lady and daughter when you see them. Tolvin will have the delivery to your estate tomorrow during the day. Please make sure your people are expecting the convoy."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:55 pm

"I shall have her things sent over tomorrow evening and I shall call her two days from now should she have any questions. But under no circumstances is she allowed back to my estate as I cannot be sure who is under Isabel's influence" he told Quinn.

As he finished his bottle of blood and dropped it into the trash can as he glanced at his watch.

"I shall make them aware of your delivery. And I shall pass on your message, should Brianna need anything Matthew shall attend to everything....Take care of her Quinn, she is my youngest progeny. She may not have been created in the best of terms but I hope to change that"

With that as his last words he took his leave, there was another matter that he needed to tend to. 

Jessica.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:57 am