For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Discussions

Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Discussions  Empty Discussions

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:57 am

Returning back to the estate Brianna was just glad to be back in a place that she recognised, a place that she could slink of to where she could be alone. She knew she was right, as soon as they had all gotten back Arabella had spoken briefly with Quinn and retired to her room with Cassia and Brianna knew that they would be there the entire night. 

But all Brianna wanted to do was just to go to her room, have a long cleansing shower and sleep. She had never felt this tired before. She thought it was only the sun that would make her feel tired, but with everything that had happened she just wanted to sleep in her own bed. Brianna did feel a little unnerved that Bill had not come to see if she was alright. If he could summon her and she could feel it surely he would have known that she was in trouble, and yet he still did not come.

As she glanced at the clock to see that she had a few hours left before sun rise, she slid into her bed and pulled the duvet up to her chin as she just lay there relaxing. If Quinn wanted to see her, he would come and speak with her. Vincent had told her that he was busy in his office and she did not want to disturb him.

She just wanted to sleep, and her body allowed it.

*** The following night ***

Brianna's eyes flickered open as she batted her eyelashes rapidly as her room was illuminated with the bright light from the large lamp next to her bed. She had completely forgotten to turn it off before she fell into her day slumber. She was surprised that she had fallen asleep well before sun rise, but she had put that down to everything that had happened. Her mind recalling the piercing pains from the glass that was once embedded in her skin.

Slowly stretching her arms above her head as she felt something ruffling beneath her as she instantly sat up and looked under her pillow, underneath her duvet as she found a crumpled piece of paper and unfolded it as she read the note.

'When you rise we must speak. Come to my office when you rise - JQ'

Looking over the note again as she repeated it in her mind, had he come into her room when she had fallen asleep? Or was this here and she just didn't see it? Not wanting to keep him waiting as she pulled back the duvet, peeling herself of her bed clothes as she quickly began searching for something appropriate to wear. Setting upon a pair of shorts and a pale baby blue strap top, thanking that she could no longer feel the cold as she slipped on her sneakers. Her hair in not too much of a mess, loose curls flowing around her face as she exited the room.

Remembering when Quinn's office was she dashed straight to it, as she needed to see that he was alright. She knocked on the door but was met with no response, as she knocked again.

"Quinn?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Discussions  Empty Re: Discussions

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:11 am

Quinn looked up and smiled.

"Welcome home, Brianna. I've missed you."

He motioned for her to take a seat across from him.

"We have a few things we need to talk about."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:15 am

Brianna peered her head inside his office as she could not help but grin cheerily at seeing that he was alright, well that he looked alright.

"I missed you to" she replied.

Entering his office as she closed the door behind her as she sat herself down in the empty chair in front of his desk.

"Have I done something wrong?" she looked on confused as she crossed her legs at the knee and placed her hands in her lap.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:20 am

Quinn smiled at her question.

"No, Brianna. Far from it. There will just be some changes and those changes will require some adjustment. I have been speaking with your maker recently and there will be some potentially long term alterations to plans. You will be staying in my home and under my protections and teachings for the foreseeable future."

He paused to let that information sink in...
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:23 am

'For the foreseeable future'

"....Wh-...Why?" she asked stunned "Don't get me wrong I am glad to be staying, but why does he want me here? Why can't I go back to the mansion? All my things are there, have I done something to upset Bill?" she looked on saddened.

She gazed down to her now fidgeting hands as she tried to evaluate what Quinn had just said.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:44 am

"There were complications during his visit to Texas. Some of those complications you know about."

He rested a hand on his ribs.

"We both know about them...but there is far more."

He sighed and decided she needed to know.

"There is a war coming. A nasty one, and he agreed that you would be safer with me. With my own training, and the training I can provide, you will be safer."

He looked in her eyes.

"As for your things, they will be delivered here before sunrise, all is arranged. You will have your own rooms and complete privacy for when you want it."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:51 am

"A war? With Bill and Texas?" she recited.

Wow! Was that why the man had tried to kill her? 

"Your going to train me?" she grinned

Watching as his hand rested on his ribs.

"But your still hurt...And it is my fault. I was foolish to think that I can hurt that man because I let my heart rule my head and you got hurt because of me" she whispered.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:59 am

"The war has been a long time coming. Your maker's trip was to try to find a better way, but Isabel, the queen of Texas, is a fool and believed she would get the upper hand. She has never understood that time changes all things mortal. To answer your question, yes we will be training in combat and tactics, social manipulation, and whatever other skills are deemed as needed. Arabella will continue to train you by her own methods and schedule as well, but now you time will be divided between training in basic skills and offensive as well as defensive abilities. Not all of it will be pleasant, but it will be necessary."

He smiled...

"And as for me being hurt, it is by far not the first time or the worst, and I tend to heal quickly enough. As to your heart leading you instead of your head, that is one of the things we will work on. You are still young enough in your skills that emotion in combat is hard to avoid, but we will fix that problem as time passes."

He slid a box across the desk to her.

"Do not touch the blade or the pommel, they are both silver laced steel. The handle and hilt are the finest ivory that money can buy. The leather gloves inside are paper thin but enough to protect you should you hand slip while holding it. This it always to be kept on your person. I do not care if you are watching TV in the common room. You are always to have it with you."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:05 am

Brianna hung onto every word that he spoke as she felt a little disheartened, this wasn't the Quinn that she had met at the lake when they had swam under the moonlight, this Quinn had more serious.

"So I am a problem to be fixed?" she muttered, hurt by his words that he would fix her emotions over time.

As she took the small box from the desk but did not look inside, she would look at it later.

"I understand" she whispered.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:10 am

"No, Brianna, you are not a problem to be fixed. The fact that he did not train you for defense is the problem. He and I have already held that discussion though. He knows now that I care for you, Brianna. He also knows that he can trust me with your safety. I am happy that you will be staying here with me, no matter the reason it has happened, and I am happy that we do not need to sneak around to see each other."

He smiled softly, coming around the desk and resting his hands on her shoulders.

"Now we can relax and spend time together whenever we want. We have other things to do as well, but we will have time to just be together as well. If that is what you want..."

He left the question unspoken as he waited for her to speak.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:17 am

Brianna could not help but grin as she felt his hands on her shoulders, thankful that she could not blush at his words.

"So me staying here works for the both of us?" she smirked.

Placing the small box in the empty chair next to her as she stood from the chair as Quinn back up a little and placed her hand on his chest as she encouraged him to sit down in the chair that she had just been in as she straddled his lap as her arms draped along his shoulders.

"So...Arabella and Cassia are busy tonight....What do you want to do?" she grinned innocently.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:34 am

He smiled as she climbed in his lap. He leaned forward and kissed her gently. When he pulled back, he reached under her and scooped her into his arms, lifting from the chair and walking toward the fireplace. He lowered her into the cushions and smiled.

"There is a part of me that you should get to know better if we are going to be around each other this much. Don't be afraid. I could never cause you harm."

He stepped back a little and let his body shift, then moved from side to side, letting her get a good look at him before snuggling down in the pillows beside her. He looked into her eyes and winked as his tail stroked her leg.

Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:40 am

Brianna responded to his kiss and was not expecting him to shift instantly as he carried her in his arms as she could not help but giggle as he placed her onto some cushions that were piled on the floor by the fireplace.

"I know....I trust you" she assured him.

She did not understand when he said that there was another side to him, surely she had seen all sides to him, as he shifted and turned into his animal form, it was only then Brianna could truly get a good look at him.

"....I have always wanted a pet" she joked as she rubbed the top of his head.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:16 am

He nuzzled up next to as she ran her fingers through his fur, her cool touch a welcome sensation. He purred as she stayed close, and unafraid. He did not know where they were headed, but it promised to be an enjoyable trip and he was in no hurry. They had all the time in the world now. No more sneak, no more secrets, only hope.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content