For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Distracted

Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Distracted Empty Distracted

Post by Tijgerian Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:51 am

She stood at the counter of the bar she was inspecting. It was a were bar on the outskirts of Shreveport, renewing all their inspection and other licenses. She held a pen in one hand, tapping it against the counter. Her chin resting in her palm as she stared into space. All this work had her so busy she barely had any time with Rajat. It would be a wonderful profit, and it brought her to know that the rumors were not entirely what she thought. It gave her a new perspective on things and only made it more difficult to process.

"You okay? You look like you could use a run..."

She looked up to see the friendly owner, a were wolf, she wasn't too found of those but liked this one. Smiling at the woman, she stood up straight and shook her head.

"Not here. I prefer my home lands. I feel more comfortable there. I'll be fine."

"Aw, nonsense. We got a large area of land out back and it's all mine. No one goes there except my pack and they're all at work or school. I insist. No one will bother you. What is it you shift to? I can tell the scent is different. Powerful too."

Tijgerian looked around and gave a forced smile. "You could say that." She wasn't that into telling any and everyone what her nature was. Believe it or not, even in the swamp lands there were still poachers and humans who would want to make her a pet or a rug. Neither would suit her at all. "Thank you for the offer, but I'll be fine. I should get back to work."

All she could think about was John and how great he was with Rajat. It gave her a lot to think about, even more so now than before. She began doing her inspections again and took notations of what needed to be changed and fixed in order to pass. Some wiring here and there and a large hazard in the kitchen area. It was deemed workable conditions but she gave her two weeks to fix the issues or she'd shut her down.

Leaning against the wall in the back, she closed her eyes and tried to get her animal side under control. Her high strung emotions making her want to shift to get out frustrations. She heard the sounds of the radio that the owner was listening to and listened to the song. Finding it amusing and interesting, she took it into consideration....for a moment.

Her walls were built so strong and so high up, it would take a lot of effort to break them down. And she had doubts John Quinn would be able to.