For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Games

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Games Empty Games

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:15 pm

Kiara typed up her last inventory order and rubbed her eyes. Her guard, standing right outside the door of the office kept glancing at her every now and again. She rolled her eyes. He was getting annoying. She knew this was Bill trying to show he cared but she could probably do a better job of guarding herself than this guard.

She looked at the time and got up from her chair. She stretched, walked to the door and smiled “Stay outside…I need some privacy” she said, pushing him just enough so she could close the door. She cut off his protests quickly and locked the door. She breathed a bit. At least the quiet of her office felt better than being stared at.

She quickly went back to her computer and brought up the video chat program. Sure enough he was online waiting for her. Part of her felt like she was cheating on Bill, but it was just a game of chess. He was a bored monarch she was a bored wolf and they could exchange pleasantries and make business deals over the takeover of pawns and friendly competition.

She set up one monitor that had the chess on the screen, the other screen the video chat. That british smile and vampire look told her he had been waiting a bit for her.

“Apologies your Majesty… I have an overzealous yet absent boyfriend who has eyes on me” she said casually as she looked at the screen.
    King William smiled. “Well overzealous is good, he shouldn’t be letting others keep his woman company…but absent? Tisk tisk… don’t tell me that Compton is already neglecting his duties as a man…” he said in a half teasing, half serious look.

Kiara chuckled as she moved a pawn forward on the screen. “Very well…I won’t tell” she said with a smirk. For the next few minutes they played. She wasn’t a champion at chess, William clearly was, but at least he was patient, and even coached her on a few strategies.

After several minutes of silence and thinking he spoke again. “Kiara… I have considered your offer…and I will be backing Compton in this war” he said.
    Kiara blinked, both surprised that her knight had taken a rook and that William had agreed. He wasn’t fond of Isabel, but she had been the bigger player before today.
    “Oh…well thank you…I’m sure he’ll appreciate the support” she said with a soft smile. William looked at her seriously as his bishop took her knight.

“I am not backing him because he will win….I place my support on him because of you” he said.

Kiara felt her jaw drop for a second, forgetting all about the game. “Because of me? Why? Surely you haven’t been misinterpreting our chats together have you?” she asked, forgetting about politeness for a moment.

William chuckled, his accented tone making her shiver involuntarily. “Not at all… I know you are loyal to him, but I also know talent and brains when I see them… and it is a monumental pity that he seems more willing to suppress your talents and squander away time with you in preference for playing silly games with Isabel” he said casually.

Kiara felt a blush coming on before she looked away. She took a breath to compose herself before looking back at the game. She spoke, but didn’t look at William.

“I knew very well what I was getting into when I decided to have a relationship with Bill. I am neither human or vampire…I am not his equal nor his priority” she said as she moved another pawn forward. “However….” She turned to look at William. “Emotions have no brains… and the love I have for him allows me to endure whatever he chooses to…or not to do”

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:50 am