For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Bad Feelings

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Bad Feelings Empty Bad Feelings

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:55 pm

She blinked, and jumped up and looked behind her. She hated this feeling of being watched. Even in the privacy of her office, with the guard behind the door she still had that feeling that someone was watching her, and it wasn’t Bill’s security.

Bad Feelings Mjv23d
    “Everything alright?” asked King William as he noticed Kiara had been startled over nothing.
    She shook her head “No…nothing is alright. I have a bad feeling” she said as she took another look behind her, focusing on the closed curtains of the window before she sat back down.
    “Call it animal intuition, but something bad is going to happen. Worse than this whole so call vampire war” she said before focusing back on the screen and trying to recall the move she had been about to make on the chess board.

William looked at her with the look of someone who xrays someone. Kiara moved her rook over to castle her king. She blinked when she noticed how William was looking at her. “What?” she asked.

William kept looking at her before he spoke. “Death is all around you Miss Griffen… your instinct isn’t wrong. Something is after you…and nothing Compton does will stop it” he said seriously.

Kiara blinked at the unexpected omen before shrugging. “Death is always around me Your Majesty. Bill only worries about his image… anyone he claims to care about are only weaknesses to him” she said bluntly as she rested her chin on her interlaced fingers.

King William looked a bit surprised she was saying that. “Are you sayin-“
    “No I’m not saying I don’t love him, because I do. But I’m also not foolish enough to think he feels the same. I am but a balm he can use to satisfy his physical needs. His progenies, other vampires, other women…even hallucinations, they are all bigger priorities to him” she said with a shrug. “I’m not a vampire Your Majesty. There is no room for me in his…in the vampire world” she said without sounding the least bit sad.
    King William made his move on the virtual chess board and shrugged. “You seem to be quite aware of your place in the world Miss Griffen” he said as he leaned back on his plush chair.

She shrugged “I used to think I could fight my way to the top. But after so many attempts on my life… so many apologies and disappointments… the ups and downs of his life… I’ve stopped fighting it” she said softly as she turned to look at the vampire on her screen.

“If the world crumbles, then let it. Perhaps this time I won’t resurface”

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:03 am