For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Doing it again ....

Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Doing it again .... Empty Doing it again ....

Post by Willa Burrell Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:46 pm

After talking to Tara ,Willa decided she couldn't wait on getting vampire guards ,she couldn't take any chances with the Grand Opening in just a few hours .She looked around her office for where she tucked away... Mr.Quinns number ....

" There you are you little sucker ,"   as she finds the number that may help get Bill out of their live even sooner then expected.Dialing the number she gets a tiny bit excited at hearing Mr.Quinns voice,she knew if he could make this work she was one step closer ...

"Hello Mr Quinn ? I was wondering if you can help me with an ...odd request ?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Doing it again .... Empty Re: Doing it again ....

Post by John Quinn Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:20 pm

Quinn was going over the night's books while Vincent made preparations for tomorrows challenge. He was amused at some of the additions Vincent had insisted on, but he could not fault his friend for being careful. He heard the phone ring, seeing it was Miss Burrell, he answered.

"Hello Mr Quinn ? I was wondering if you can help me with an ...odd request ?"

He grinned at her shyness.

"Now Miss Burrell, we just started business and you are already asking favors?"

He chuckled.

"I trust the selections I made for opening night met with your approval?"
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Willa had to smile at his little remark ,she knew that this request might be to much and just might be unattainable but she had to ask non the less...

" Yes your choices are wonderful Tara and I loved the tasters and I know they will do well tonight ...and I wanted to thank you for having everything here for our opening I know it couldn't have been easy to have this order ready in such short notice...."

"But there is something else I wanted to talk to you about ...Well there is no easy way to ask ...So ...Do you deal in security ? Like vampire security ...We are looking to replace most if not all of Bills guards with our own but we want vampire guards and we would like them as soon as possible maybe even tonight ...we have enough space for sleeping quarters and blood will be provided as well as their normal fee of course ...So am not sure if you can help but I thought you seemed like you could ...."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:36 pm

Quinn chuckled to himself. He must have done something right in a previous life to get this kind of luck falling in his laugh. He paused for a minute before answering.

"Well, Miss Burrell, you request is a bit on the unusual side, but you happen to have good timing. I am in the process of rotating a cycle of vampire guards to new locations. I am sure I can spare some. Would around thirty be enough to start with? I can arrange more, but it will take a few extra days."

He looked out the window and smiled as he waited for her response.
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:46 pm

"Could it really be this easy "  she thought   " could she be this lucky thirty guards and more if needed ....holy shit ." Willa giggled out loud and hoped that Mr.Quinn didn't hear that ,she clamped her hand over her mouth .At most she had hoped for ten but thirty would give her and Tara more power than she could have asked for ....

" Yes that would be great ..Thank you for your help on this matter "( trying not to sound to excited ) " The thirty guards would be a nice start then another ten would finish it off ...now what do you pay them and do they require more then a place to sleep and blood to drink ?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:50 pm

".....do they require more then a place to sleep and blood to drink ?"

He grinned at her reaction. The muffled giggling was a nice touch. This was almost too easy. He was getting every vampire relocated and did not even have to worry about pensions.

"Well, I think you will find their rates reasonable. As for things beyond sustenance and shelter...each might have their own preferences, but I'll let you work out those details with them. Have you thought about the need for daylight guards? Vampires, with all due respect, are fairly useless in that capacity."
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Tara and Willa hadn't discussed daylight guards so she took it upon herself to ask about them . Mr.Quinn seemed to know his stuff so she was sure he would have access to human guards as well..

" Ummm... No we haven't since Bill has that covered ,do you have access to human guards ? I am sure you do... I am just not so to sure how to slide human guards into our watch... its easier to explain away or hide vampire ones I think then new human ones ...don't you think ?"

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:03 pm

Well that was something she had not mentioned before...

"....'slide' guards into our watch.."

He took a breath...he hated not having all the information.

"I'm afraid I must ask you to explain that last part..."
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:13 pm

Willa was going to have to explain the whole thing to Mr.Quinn but was he trust worthy ? " He didn't seem to be a Bill team member he actually seemed to be anti-Bill ,so could she trust him " she thought to herself .Taking the plunge she says...

"Well ..you see I am having to do all this behind Bill back and our guard watch is all made up of Bills guards we have none of our own ...So to have new human guards I would not know how to explain those to the old human guards ...the vampire ones I can just say stay hidden and they will or I can say Tara found them or what ever ....They are easier to slid into our guard watch ...you see what I'm saying ...So I don't know about human guards just yet unless you can think of a way we can slip them in unnoticed ."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:17 pm

He listened as she stammered out her explanation, almost tripping over her tongue in the process. He thought for a minute and then spoke slowly so she could catch all of what he was saying.

"Well then perhaps we should leave that alone. You might add more technology security measures as safeguards. Nobody will begrudge additional cameras and such. I can have your augmented force report to you tomorrow evening. All I ask is that you buy out their contracts with me. Then they will be working directly for you and owe loyalty no others."
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Willa couldn't believe she just trusted a total stranger with abit of her plan to get Bill out ,she was in total shock with herself.She had to do the comic mention of please keep this conversation to yourself  and said sort of giggling ...

"I know how this sounds after I more or less tell you I am betraying me King but please keep this conversation to yourself least I and Tara  get punished very substantially... I know how this sounds and I should I have said this earlier huh ? But you seem like a very trustworthy man and you don't seem to be team Bill so I took a leap of faith ...We should wait on the human guards but yes we will buy out the contracts for the vampire ones and tomorrow would be great but could you send your head vampire guard to go over everything with me tonight ?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:41 pm

Quinn looked over to Tolvin who was already on the phone, and nodded.

"She is already on her way to your club, Miss Burrell. She should be there in about an hour. She has the needed paperwork for the buyout of the contracts and the information for your new hires. Ignore the letterhead. A necessary fiction, I'm afraid. Your assumption is accurate, however, that there is no love lost between your king and I. I actually find it quite pleasurable to be doing this behind his back. Any further communications should go through Pharmacom though. You have their number already. I will give him one point. He is almost as good at getting information as I am. I must say your father would be scandalized, Miss Burrell....his daughter not only living as a vampire, but reopening the first Vampire owned business he shut down. Simply scandalous."

He could not help but chuckle. He needed to see how much steel the little minx had in her veins...this comment should do the trick.
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:53 pm

"Well her instincts were right about this one ..I knew he wasn't for Bill ..thank god ...what did he say abut my father ..." her thoughts were interrupted with Mr.Quinns mention of her father ...

" What did you say about my father ? My father was a monster and he can go to hell ,I'm just happy he left me allot of money .My father is/was or whatever just like Bill ...they both want to rule everything ...they both want to keep the people they so call love locked up and hidden away from life ...that's why I want Bill out ...I'm done being watched , caged and ruled by anyone ...So there you have it ...I will contact the Pharmacom number from now on and Ill await Miss who was it again that's coming tonight ?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:19 pm

Quinn laughed softly.

"Sorry, Miss Burrell, but I had to make sure you had enough strength to keep from being rattled and you just assured me of that fact. Elsa will have all the paperwork you need. She is a capable Captain and will serve you well at your 'First". If there is nothing else, I do have a lot to do this evening myself, and I am sure you have a club to run."
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:28 pm

"Hes laughing ..." she thought "why in the hell is he laughing ?" Willa was going to let loose on this guy but took a deep breath instead and decided it wasn't worth it he was doing her a huge favor but some how she thought she was doing him one as well .She took one more deep breath and said ...

" That is great  I will be more then happy to meet with Elsa tonight and get all the paperwork in order ,you have done us a great service and we wont forget it Mr,Quinn ...Yes I do have allot to do tonight to get ready to open so I shall not keep you ...thank you again for your service in this matter ..good night Mr .Quinn"

Willa looks at her phone ,sticks it in her jeans and goes back down stairs to where Tara was to tell her the good news ,they have vampire guards much more then they could have ever hoped and they were meeting with their captain tonight .
    "Their captain ...it had a very nice ring to it " she thought as she headed down the stairs calling out to Tara .....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:20 pm