For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Valentine's Weekend

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Valentine's Weekend Empty Valentine's Weekend

Post by Alcide Herveaux Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:16 pm

{The roses he had delivered to the bar on Friday were sitting on the counter as he made lunch. They both had to work most of Valentine's day, but her surprise was far from over. He had surprised her that morning with breakfast in bed and was concocting his next move. Remembering her favorite meal, he was able to get her to go shopping for things he really didn't need. Enough time to get started on lunch and dinner. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and key lime pie. All her favorite things. The grease bubbled as he dropped the chicken in, using Adele's recipe on the counter. Standing there shirtless was dangerous, so he put an apron on. He busied himself with food prepping and looked at the roses that were almost beginning to wilt. He had to use them for another purpose before they died. Grabbing them out of the water, he placed one on the counter and took the rest upstairs.}

"Perfect."

{He was coming down the stairs when he saw her silhouette on the porch holding brown bags full of groceries. He rushed down the stairs to help her, opening the door for her and taking majority of them with ease.}

"Welcome back home." {He grinned}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Valentine's Weekend Empty Re: Valentine's Weekend

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:25 pm

"Thanks," she said happily as he took the bags from her and moved back so she could step inside; immediately when she walked through the door the smell of fried chicken wafting in from the kitchen. Her eyes went to his and she grinned bright. "Chicken?" she asked as they walked towards the kitchen.

She saw Gran's recipe book on the counter and grinned even more when she realized... he was making her favorite. It was strange; Bill and Eric had always taken her to dinner, spending money on her and lavishing her with gifts. And while that had been nice, this was so much more... her. Simplicity was how she preferred it. And it was what she got.

"You didn't have to do this, ya know."
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:29 pm

{He smiled and nodded, following her into the kitchen after he closed the door with his foot. He set the bags down and watched her reactions. Stepping closer to her, he slipped his hands to her hips and leaned down to kiss her.}

"Aw, hell...it's just the beginning. If you thought last night was something..."

{He grinned and waggled his brows.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:32 pm

Her face flushed and she put a hand against his chest, pushing softly and playfully against him.

"What else do you have planned, Mr. Herveaux?" she asked as she poked at the chicken with a fork, the smell of the cooking meat causing her stomach to rumble. She grinned and turned away from the food to go and start putting up everything else that she had bought at the store.

"Last night is gonna be hard to beat," she said with a grin before turning back to him.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:36 pm

"Oh I think I'm up to the task of surpassing all of last nights expectations..."

{Grinning he helped her to save the groceries and then took her hand as it reached high to place the cereal up, putting it away for her and then pulling her to him.}

"The question is do you want to eat lunch first...or get your next surprise?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Her stomach rumbled again in response and she laughed into his chest.

"As much as my body wants to skip food and go straight to dessert, I think my stomach has other plans. Let's eat, then you can do with me what you wish."

She winked at him and went to grab some plates and silverware, her eyes shifting over to him every few seconds. She couldn't keep her gaze from him. He was, in a word, perfection.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:44 pm

{He grinned and nodded.} "Very well..." {He helped her to set the table and pulled the last bit of chicken out the grease, taking the pot from the oven that held the mashed potatoes. The corn was ready and the pan of chicken was awaiting their stomachs. He fixed a plate for him and then for her as she grabbed their drinks. He passed her and kissed her neck as she stood at the sink, reaching over her to grab napkins. He was teasing her and he knew it. Grinning, he headed to the table and took a seat, waiting for her.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:51 pm

"Thanks," she said as he got her plate. She pulled the pitcher of tea from the fridge and poured them both glasses after adding a couple of ice cubes to them.

"This smells amazing." She sat and immediately tucked into her food, moaning softly as the hot chicken hit he lips and tongue. "This is almost as good as Gran's!" She didn't want to appear shocked, but she was. It was delicious. She forked up some potatoes onto her fork and slid it into her mouth before drinking some of her tea. "You've outdone yourself."
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:54 pm

{He smiled proudly, glad the recipe went off without a hitch. She seemed to really be enjoying it, but he knew what awaited her upstairs would knock her off her feet...literally. Grinning, he ate his own food and watched her enjoy hers.}

"Outdone myself have I? Well, I will take that as a compliment. Glad the food has you moaning....I plan to do more of that later."

{He grinned and bit into a piece of chicken, watching her flush red. He loved teasing her and showing her how much she meant to him, something he doubted all her vampire suitors ever did. Soon...he'd show her how much out doing he could do from last night.}

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:53 am