For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Desperate Choices - New Orders

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Desperate Choices - New Orders Empty Desperate Choices - New Orders

Post by Bill Compton Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:42 pm

What Happened Before

Bill was curious as ever to know what was inside the letter that Brianna had given him, but with the attitude and dis-respect that Quinn had shown him in his own home the letter had slipped his mind. He had placed it in his drawer in his office desk only happening to discover it again when he destroyed his office out of rage.

He had risen earlier that evening, earlier than usual as he turned his head to his side to see Judith still sleeping heavily under day rest. Swinging his legs out from underneath the thick blanket as he found his pants on the floor as he slid them on and buckled his belt. Picking up his shirt from the chair as he put it on and made himself look decent. He and Jessica had still not spoken about what was going to happen to Brianna's request for a funeral as her remains lay buried in the cemetery across from his home.

Casting a quick glance at Judith who did not stir as he exited his room to be greeted by one of his guards.

"Your Majesty. Dexter wishes me to tell you that he will meet with you in his office"

"Thank you" he nodded and dismissed the guard.

Making his way down the grand staircase towards his office as he was greeted by a newly refurbished office and Dexter standing in his office. Wading in barefoot as Dexter turned to greet him with a respectful bow. 

"Your Majesty. I apologize for the intrusion but I thought you would like to know that the delivery has been made" he assured the King

That was one less thing on his mind, but he was still curious as to what was inside but he would not betray Brianna's privacy in such a manner.

"Thank you Dexter. Is there anything else that you need to discuss?" he quizzed before taking his seat behind his desk.

Dexter approached the King's desk as he held a file in his hands and placed it before the King.

"I spoke to Jeffrey before my arrival....He has some information that I think you should see and there is some news regarding Isabel Beaumont" he ended abruptly.

The mention of Isabel instantly perked up Bill's ears as he gave his full attention to Dexter.

"Proceed" he ordered.

Nodding to the King "It appears that Miss Beaumont is no longer in Texas your Majesty. My sources tell me that she took off from Texas on an Anubis airline and in now residing in Shreveport. I have my very best team out scouting for her location as we speak sire" he ended.

Isabel was in Shreveport? Impossible. Why was he only finding out about this now? He trusted Dexter with his life, he knew that if Isabel was close his team would find her. If not, he would search himself.

"Good. Do what you must. I expect updates immediately" Bill ordered.

Nodding again to the King's request

"Of course your Majesty. That file contains the information that you requested of Miss Griffen's location. I have a team out searching for her now, this is the information of her last current location. We knew it to be the previous location.....because...." he drifted off into silence.

Bill found it curious to Dexter's uneasy attitude as he grabbed the file from his desk as he flipped it open as he was greeted by images of pools of blood. Everything inside him froze as he could feel a surge of anger burst through him as he scatted the photographs out across his desk. Blood in every single one of them. But one caught his eye - I FORGIVE YOU. 

Written in blood - her blood - Kiara's blood. 

Bill could not look at these any longer, guilt off the last few days was now starting to take hold of him. 

"Find her! I want every man available on this Dexter! Spare no expense, do what you must to find Kiara!" he barked, slamming his fist down on his desk.

"Of course your Majesty" Dexter assured as he knew that was his cue to leave.

Once alone Bill let everything hit him like a bulldozer. He had failed in everything. Keeping those around him safe. He had let this war with Isabel get the better of him and blind him to everything. Kiara was right. He was a failure and now Brianna and Kiara had paid the price for his foolishness. He could not keep doing this to Kiara, failing her and allowing her life to be in constant danger. It was then he was left with a choice. Bill would find her, alive. And when he did, he would let her go.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:34 pm