For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

A day in the city

Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

A day in the city Empty A day in the city

Post by Tijgerian Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Tomorrow continued her business trip and Rochelle insisted they check out the sights after her last meeting. She pointed and showed Rochelle a few of the architecture that she enjoyed, she was skilled in architecture as it her minor. It came in handy when doing inspections and renovations. She had an eye for detail. Rochelle was fascinated by the age of the French city of love, gushing about the Eiffel Tower and it's romantic qualities.

"I mean, could you imagine kissing someone up there! How romantic!" Rochelle squealed with delight and Tijgerian grinned, rolling her eyes at her friend and assistant.

"There is no such thing as love, the sooner you remember that...the better off you'll be."

"You love John..." It sounded like a statement and a question at the same time. She stopped walking and turned to Rochelle.

"What causes you to say that?"

"It's the way you look at him."

"Do not confuse my look of respect and hesitancy for the look of some head over heels in love pathetic, weak woman. I respect him to an extent. That is all. He is the father of my child, that is all."

"Well, you had to have loved him once. To have a child.." Rochelle was the only one she ever allowed her to get so deep in her personal life. She sighed and shook her head.

"Again, respect. You'll never understand some parts of my life Rochelle. No matter how hard you try."

"Oh, a tiger thing. Got it." She glared at the woman who flushed red at her comment and covered her mouth. "Sorry. Right. Too much coffee this morning, I have forgotten myself. Won't happen again."

She shook her head and grabbed Rochelle's hand, tugging her toward one of the structures. They went up to the roof and looked out over the city. She was wearing her newest outfit that she purchased just after landing. She was mesmerized by the beauty of Paris. Rochelle smiled big and pulled her camera from her bag, pouting at Tij and giving her the look. She sighed heavily and rolled her eyes, amusing her friend. "Fine, one photo."

She rested her right hand against the railing, striking a pose as she lifted her right leg to show off her new shoes. She smiled and tried to appear happy. Truthfully she missed Rajat...and part of her missed John, though she'd never admit it to anyone.

A day in the city Paula-Patton-Grey-Goose-Hat-Kentucky-Derby-682x1024

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:35 am