For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

ummm.....we need to talk

John Quinn
    John Quinn

ummm.....we need to talk Empty ummm.....we need to talk

Post by John Quinn Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:24 pm

Quinn woke in the living room, the screen flickering through commercials. They had fallen asleep during the movies. He sensed something wrong, a scent he did not know. Looking down at Rajat, he knew what the different was. He was not holding a young boy, but a tiger cub. The fear in Rajat's eyes told him everything he needed to know. His mother had never told him. Why he shifted now, he did not know, but he had to help. He slowly slid Rajat onto the seat of the couch and moved to where he could be seen. He nodded to Rajat as the young cub looked at him with confusion naked in his eyes. He smiled and shifted into his tiger form, walking around a few times, then shifted back, keeping the chairs between he and Rajat. He crossed the room and grabbed a robe from the closet, then walked back to where a surprised tiger cub sat. He knelt down, looking in Rajat's eyes and whispered to him.

"Think of playtime, and ice cream, and your favorite shirt. Think of being a little boy who loves red cars."

He watched as Rajat shifted back to his own form and handed him a shirt to put on.

"What happened, Mr. John. How did I do that? How did you do that? Can mommy do that? What does it mean? Am I still a little boy? Where did my clothes go? I don't understand. I'm scared. I want mommy home. I want her here now."

He smiled at the barrage of questions coming from his son.

"Rajat, this is part of our heritage. There is no real way to bring it up until the first time it happens so your mommy was just waiting. Yes she can do it too. Your mommy is a very beautiful tigress, and you make an adorable cub. This is part of what makes our family so special. We do need to get in touch with your mother though...and now."

He picked up his phone off the desk and texted Tijgerian's cell phone.
    ~Need you to make contact ASAP. Important.~

He smiled as he saw Rajat getting dressed and walked over to pick up his own clothing, walking into the bathroom and re-dressing. When he walked out, Rajat was staring very hard in the mirror.

"What are you doing, Rajat?"

"Trying to see my tiger."

"There is nothing to see, Rajat. The tiger is a part of you, but is not here when the little boy is here. There will be a lot to discuss, but first I want to walk you through how to shift back and forth. That is one of the first things you need to learn, and you have me to teach you, so it should be easier. I had to teach myself and was stuck as a tiger cub for weeks before I figured it out."

He smiled at Rajat as they looked at their reflections.

"I sent word to mommy so she can call us. If you practice enough, maybe we can surprise her with your new trick. First though, we need to eat. How does pizza sound?"

"Meat Lovers?"

"Is there another kind?"

Rajat obviously was over his initial shock, but his mother might be another story. He had another reason to get in touch with her, Rajat was young to have begun shifting unless she was in danger. He knew she could hold her own, but he still worried. He hoped she would contact them soon. He looked over to see Rajat filling two glasses from the fridge with tea. He walked over to the desk again and called the pizza place. Once he had placed the order, he walked over with Rajat to pick out a movie for while they waited.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

ummm.....we need to talk Empty Re: ummm.....we need to talk

Post by Tijgerian Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:32 pm

She was fuming as she got back to the hotel, getting odd looks at her disheveled appearance, not to mention being covered in vampire blood. She was in the elevator when her phone went off, a text from John. Her heart plummeted for fear her son was in danger and as soon as she stepped out of the elevator, she rushed to her room. Dropping her things as she entered, she quickly keyed in the number for John and waited anxiously for him to pick up. Pacing her bedroom, she grimaced again at the vampire blood covering her.

When she heard the phone pick up, she didn't wait for him to speak. "Where is he!? Where is Rajat? Is he harmed? What has happened? John I swear to the GODS..."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:37 pm

"Where is he!? Where is Rajat? Is he harmed? What has happened? John I swear to the GODS..."

Quinn chuckled and spoke slowly.

"Calm down, Sevti. No harm has come. Get yourself relaxed and contact us on video. We need to talk but it can wait a few minutes for you to calm down."

As he spoke, he saw Rajat run over to him, yelling at the phone.

"Hi Mommy! When are you coming back?"

He laughed and spoke again.

"As I said, he is fine, but we do need to talk. Something has happened you need to know about, but as I said, it can wait until we can all see each other. He is looking forward to seeing mommy again."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:42 pm

She felt a surge of relief that he was okay and looked down at her outfit. "Alone...we speak alone on video chat." She smiled softly, hearing him in the background. "Hi my sweet boy, I miss you! Soon, really soon." She was planning to catch a flight tonight if she had to. Her flight was scheduled for the next night but right now she just wanted to hold her son. Her face went back to anger and she said one sentence before ending the call.

"Ten minutes...I need to speak to you alone."

Ending the call, she moved to the desk and opened her laptop. As it loaded, she tapped her bare foot on the ground and looked around the room. Seeing her reflection, she felt disgusted and angry that her outfit was ruined and so were her new shoes. As the screen popped up for a video conference, she accepted it and waited for the images to clear. When it did, her face spoke volumes.

"After the night I have endured....and to think I left him with you thinking he would be safe...." She was fuming.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:48 pm

Her voice left no chance of discussion. His news would have to wait. He got Rajat settled with a movie and moved over to the desk, adjusting his jacket as he sat down in front of the screen. He connected an earpiece so Rajat would not hear their talk. He watched as her image came into view and was speechless for a moment. In the silence, he heard her words. His concerns had been well founded. Now he understood Rajat's change.

"After the night I have endured....and to think I left him with you thinking he would be safe...."

"Hold on a second. Rajat is fine, but are you? You look like you just went on a killing spree. Rajat and I have been staying home and watching movies. What happened to you?"
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:52 pm

She snarled as she spoke one word. "Vampires..." She sat back a bit and adjusted her torn blouse. "I should have known being associated with you would only bring vampires back into my life." That remark was made without her thinking and she wanted to move on from it. "Rajat may be safe now, but he isn't for long. A vampire is after him and I can only assume it's because of you John. YOUR association with those...repulsive things. This Isabel has not met her match yet and I guarantee you her fangs will be mine if she lays one hand on my son's head." She growled in frustration and winced at the pain from the attack.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:08 pm

He listened to her accusations and bit back his anger, but could not keep it from his eyes. He growled softly before speaking slowly and calmly.

"Tijgerian Sevti. I am surprised at you. You go halfway across the world to one of the largest haven-cities for vampires in the world while I keep our son safe, and I am to blame for you running into vampires?"

Her mention of Isabel had caught him off guard. So...she knew of his son. That would make this all that much more personal. He needed to maintain his composure for now. Tij was already irate and both of them being that way would do no good.

"You will now listen to me, Tijgerian. You are going to go get yourself cleaned up. Have Rochelle tend to your shoulder and be presentable in one hour when we resume this video. Your son has something to tell you and you will listen. He is very proud and you will not disappoint our son."

He hit the button to end the video call and growled softly. He looked up to see Rajat looking over to him.

"Mommy is going to call back in about an hour, Rajat. She hadn't eaten dinner yet so she is going to call again to talk to us both. Then we can show her your surprise."

"OK....how long till the pizza gets here?"

"It should be here in a few minutes, Rajat. Then we can eat while we wait for mommy to call back."

"OK...can we watch the Matrix movie tonight?"

"Sure, Rajat....after mommy's call we can watch it. For now, just find some cartoons."

He watched as his son turned back around and started flipping channels. He pulled out his phone and sent a text to someone he did not like to use often.
    ~Anton. I need you to do something for me. It will be the last time I ask you for anything. Your debt to me will be paid in full.~

He walked over and sat down with Rajat, not even paying attention to the TV as he watched his son. So much had happened so quickly. Had he changed so much? There were so many questions in the future. For now the only one was what would tomorrow bring?
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:17 pm

She began to protest and argue with him when he continued, using the deep alpha voice she hated to hear. It send shivers down her spine to hear his orders and she went to speak her mind when he ended the call. "But you...JOHN!" She narrowed her eyes at the black screen and saw her reflection, she looked like a mad woman. Rajat cold not see her like this. John was right, she needed to get herself together and calm down. She still blamed him for the attack because had it not been for John's involvement with them, they would not be constantly attacking her. That was her train of thought anyway.

The pink water swirled down the drain as she showered, getting the blood and grime off of her body. She remained under the scalding hot stream for a while, getting the feeling of vampire off of her. Flashes of the collector continued to pop into her mind and it angered her. His smug grin, the haunting laugh he had. She opened her eyes wide and felt exhausted, with the little sleep she was getting and tonight's fiasco...it made her very on edge.

She dressed and brushed her hair out, leaving it down in loose wet curls to dry. Wrapping the plush white robe around her, she sat back at the desk and closed her eyes. Taking a calming breath in and releasing it, she composed herself and began the video call back to John. This was for Rajat...she so badly wanted to be home with her son in her arms.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:26 pm

Quinn was laughing as Rajat tore into the last few slices of the pizza when he saw the light on his computer blink. Tij must be ready. He walked over and sat down at the computer. He grinned when Rajat brought a chair from the kitchen and sat beside him. He looked Rajat over and laughed. Vincent had taken measurements and the boy was not wearing a suit much like Quinn's own but without the jacket. He had wanted to look nice for mommy so he went and changed before the video call came in,

"Be careful not to get any of that on the vest or Vincent will have a fit."

"OK..I'll be careful."

He clicked a few keys and watched as Tijgerian's image came onto the screen. He could tell she had showered and even calmed down a bit. He looked over to see Rajat holding up his half-eaten slice for his mother to see.

"Hello mommy! We had pizza for dinner. I miss you."

"Feeling better now, Sevti?"
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:29 pm

She smiled softly at the image of her sweet boy. He looked so handsome in his little dress suit and she touched the screen. "Oh my sweet boy, I miss you so much more. I cannot wait to hold you in my arms." She chuckled at his pizza comment. "Was it good? I bet it was." She looked over at John and sighed softly, "I will manage."

She looked back at Rajat and leaned forward a bit. "So I hear you have a surprise for me?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:44 pm

Rajat grinned then looked at Quinn. He nodded and Rajat set his pizza on the plate and backed up so Tijgerian could see him better. He giggled and shifted into a tiger cub. Quinn reached down and picked him up, holding him so he could see his mother in the screen.

ummm.....we need to talk Articl10

Quinn grinned at Tijgerian's expression, then lowered Rajat to the ground. The boy walked behind him and shifted back, then got dressed. As he fastened his vest, he walked back over and grinned at his mother, then picked up his pizza and continued eating.

"This is why I wanted you to get in touch. I thought you'd want to know."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:50 pm

She watched as Rajat moved back a bit and then he disappeared. She moved closer to the screen in confusion and then John picked up a tiger cub, causing her to gasp sharply. Eyes wide as saucers, she covered her mouth in shock. How was it possible for him to shift at such a young age? All she could do was stare. When he shifted back and giggled, she looked from John to Rajat and could not speak.

She removed her hand and tried to fathom the words, all of them evading her. "He...you....it's...so soon." She shook her head, trying to wrap her mind around it all. Her head was pounding as her migraine grew in intensity, so much to deal with in one night. Her sweet, sweet boy...she smiled to comfort Rajat and nodded. "That's wonderful my sweet boy, just...wonderful." She feared for his safety now more than ever before. This Isabel...if she knew what he was...she would want to collect him just as she herself once was. Tears brimmed her eyes as her fear set in, for once she was unable to control her emotions. She looked away from the screen to compose herself as to not worry Rajat. Forcing a smile, she chuckled and looked at Rajat, touching the screen. "I'll be home soon."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:57 pm

"I'll be home soon."

"If you want, I can make arrangements....if you business is done. I am sure Rajat would love for mommy to be home as much as I would....considering all of tonight's events."

Rajat looked back and forth, his expression showing he knew he was missing something.

"I can have a plane ready in two hours at Charles De Gaulle if you want. Just say the word."

He looked over to Rajat and smiled, hoping Rajat did not see the tears in his mother's eyes.

"He's growing up fast. He can already shift at will, though his first time earlier tonight was apparently not so. I explained a few basics to him but left the rest for us to discuss as a family."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:00 pm

She heard his offer and considered it. After a brief moment, she nodded. "I will cancel my flight for tomorrow and be there in two hours. Can you arrange it for that soon? I need to be home, I want to be home. With Rajat...I...I need to know he's okay. I need to be there to protect him." She began sputtering off at the mouth, rambling and seeming nervous which was very unlike herself.

She stopped speaking when he said family. She scoffed and narrowed her eyes at him, the audacity for him to say family when it was all his fault her son was in danger. She remained silent as his words and looked away from the screen. "Can you get it done or not?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:07 pm

"I'll make the arrangements as soon as we end this chat. I know Rajat will be happy to see his mommy in person."

"I'm gonna squeeze her in a big hug when she gets home!"

Quinn looked over at Rajat and laughed.

"I bet you will."

He looked back to the screen.

"I am sending my most trusted man to pick you up. You met Tolvin before when you came by. Considering things, I think it best if Rajat stays here with me inside the estate. That way you know he is safe. Tolvin will be waiting when you arrive in Shreveport with the engine running."

He touched the image of her face on the screen.

"I'm glad you are ok, Sevti. See you soon."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:10 pm

She felt a bit relieved that she would be able to go home sooner and gave a small nod at his instructions. "I will be waiting. He better not be late." She looked away for a moment when he touched the screen, still feeling anger towards him. "I should alert Rochelle...I'll see you soon." She ended the call without looking at him again, her worry for her son causing her to be more distant than usual and her anger and lack of sleep did not help the equation.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:25 pm

He looked at Rajat and smiled.

"Mommy will be home soon, Rajat. Then we can both feel better having her here."

"Good. I miss mommy and she seems to smile more with you."

He shut off the chat and smiled at Rajat.

"Why don't you go get Matrix ready. I'll get mommy's flight set up and join you in a minute."

"OK"

He watched as Rajat ran over and climbed onto the couch, picking up the remote and scrolling down to the movies. He chuckled and pulled out his phone.

"Anubis Airlines, How can we help you?"

"This is John Quinn. I need a return flight made ready for my client ASAP. The same details as her first flight. Make sure it is a sanitized plane and human crew. This client is particular and will kill any vampire crew members on sight. She is to be taken to the Tigris Lt. hanger upon arrival. I want her in the air in less than two hours. Make it happen."

"Of course, Mr. Quinn. We will take care of everything."

He hung up the phone and looked over to see Tolvin standing by the garage with a set of keys in hand. He nodded to him and smiled.

"Excellent, Tolvin. Go yourself, I want her security assured. She is to be brought directly here. Stop at the Armory on the way out. I want you to use the confiscated UV silver rounds if you run into anything."

"Of course, Mr. Quinn. Did you want prisoners?"

"No Tolvin. Any issues are to be ash. No exceptions."

He watched as Tolvin nodded and left the room. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed a beer from the fridge and a juice box for Rajat. He walked over, dropping into the couch next to Rajat and nodded. He watched as Rajat hit play on the movie.

ummm.....we need to talk Titlet10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:52 am