For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Bookworm

Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Bookworm Empty Bookworm

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:58 pm

She had her nose in the next novel she purchased, an up and coming author named Jas T. Ward who was taking the world by storm with her wonderful stories of the Shadow-Keepers. It intrigued her and more than that...it made her want that kind of love. She smiled when Reno and Madness would go head to head with their remarks, feeling so bad for him. He was the hero! Not the villain like he thought.

She walked through the halls, her head down as she read. Never did she take her eyes from the book until she walked into something hard. She assumed it was a wall until she realized the wall....made a grunt. She looked up and practically jumped back slightly, blushing and looking down. Tendrils of her hair falling into her face. "I'm so sorry...I was...reading."
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Bookworm Empty Re: Bookworm

Post by Tolvin Richter Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:02 pm

Tolvin smiled and looked down at her book.

"It must be quite a good read to have you so focused."

He grinned at her blush, and rested a hand gently on hers, turning the book so he could see the cover.
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:05 pm

She gulped when his hand touched hers and forgot what she wanted to say. He was just so...lickable, likable! That was it...yeah. Her mouth opened to speak but nothing came out as she watched his eyes read the cover. When he looked back at her she stammered her words. "I..I...it's...love. A lovely story I mean. Romance...sorta." She inhaled and chuckled nervously. "It's got some action in it, too. For male readers. Oh, I can...lend it to you when I'm done?" She offered.
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Tolvin smiled at her reaction to his touch. Her demeanor was so unlike most of the people he knew. It intrigued him. He reached out, pushing her glasses back up her nose, grinning as he looked in her eyes.

"I think I might like it better if you read it to me...perhaps we can discuss it over dinner?"
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:25 pm

She was taken aback by his comment and grinned like a fool. Sweet heavens his eyes...and his smile...and, and...she just kept smiling. It was a few moments more before she blinked and realized he suggested dinner. "Di--Dinner? Well, I uh..I have some paperwork and Rajat and..." She was looking away listing off the things she had to get done.
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:46 pm

He stepped closer, looking in her eyes.

"Nice try. The boy is here with his family, as well as Vincent and his lady. Paperwork can be finished before we go."

He smirked at her, enjoying being this close to her.

"Any other excuses?"
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:52 pm

She swallowed and leaned back slightly nervous with him being so close, so very...very close....he smelled of the sexiest cologne she had ever smelled. Closing her eyes for a brief moment, she snapped them open and smiled nervously, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear and then closing the book to place against her chest. Crossing her arms against her chest to hold the book there she cleared her throat and smiled bigger. "I guess...not." Part of her really wanted to know why her, why he asked her to dinner. She was just...her. Well, plain...and well, clumsy...

The more she thought about it, the more she realized the beloved character in the book she was reading possessed those same qualities and he landed the hot witch. She shook her head to get away from her thoughts, "Sorry I...I guess I'm free. Is there a reason you're asking me to dinner?" She asked shyly, not sure she knew what he wanted.
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:57 pm

"Well...yes.....I thought you might be hungry"

He smiled, looking in those beautiful eyes again.

"To be more clear, I overheard your Mistress giving you a day off and I thought you might like someone to show you around. I thought the offer might be a bit easier if we already got to know one another."

He used a single finger to lift her chin so he could see here eyes better.

"Perhaps we can find more to discuss while we are there."

He stepped back and smiled.
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:03 pm

She smiled and laughed at her own question. His answer made her say 'Duh' in her head. Why else would he have asked you? She cleared her throat and continued to smile through her embarrassment. "Right....hungry. Of course."

As he explained more of his thoughts, she looked down and thought about it. He wanted to get to know her? Yummy sex on a stick head of security wanted to get to know HER. She was doing a dance in her head when he lifted her chin and her eyes widened with shock. A smile spread across her lips slowly and she nodded her head slowly as if thinking of how to respond. "Per....haps." That was all she could come up with.
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:32 pm

Tolvin smiled as he dropped his hand from her chin.

"Then I will meet you in the common room in two hours. That should be sufficient time to finish your paperwork. There is a local place I think you'll enjoy."

He paused a moment, then grinned.

"Ever driven a Jaguar?"
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:39 pm

She smiled and stepped back, bumping into the corner of the wall and chuckling. "Oh..okay. Sounds like, yeah that'll work. I'll see you then." She went to turn around and walk away so she could stop feeling like she'd combust soon. She stopped in her tracks when she heard his question, slowly turning back to face him.

Her head was shaking no for a while before she answered..."Oh...no, I can barely walk without hitting something. I..I no." She laughed nervously and shook her head again. "No."
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:43 pm

He stepped close again, lifting her hand and kissing it while looking in her eyes.

"Then it will be my pleasure to drive you this evening..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:21 pm