For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Visiting Terry

Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Visiting Terry Empty Visiting Terry

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:11 pm

Arlene had woke that morning and began her daily routine. Things were getting easier, she could only take one day at a time. Coby and Lisa were at friends houses since there was no school today and little Mikey was clapping his hands as he sat in the high chair making more of a mess than anything. She smiled and shook her head. "Are you makin' a mess? Yes, you are! We should get you cleaned up so mommy can go do some errands. Come on Mikey boy..." She cooed to him as she lifted him from his high chair, bringing him to the nursery to change him.

"Still need me to watch Mikey for you 'til daddy gets home, Aunt Arlene?" She heard the voice of Adilyn behind her and smiled as she dressed Mikey for the day.

"Yes, please. I really have a lot to get done before my shift. I really appreciate ya help honey."

"It's no problem, Aunt Arlene...we have fun. Let me finish getting him dressed and you can get a head start." Adilyn smiled and moved over to help. Arlene sighed softly and kissed Mikey's forehead.

"Momma loves you Mikey boy. You be good now." She handed him over and kissed his head again, patting Adilyn on the shoulder. "Call if you need, I'll have my cell. Oh and make sure he gets his nap today!" She said as she went into the closet for her shoes and the flowers she purchased yesterday. Grabbing her keys and purse, she gave Mikey one last smile before heading to the door.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Visiting Terry Empty Re: Visiting Terry

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:39 pm

She parked the car and grabbed the flowers off the passenger seat. Taking a deep breath in, she composed herself before she exited the driver seat. Walking towards the path she visited every week, she found his headstone easily and knelt before it. She read it again, "Beloved husband and father" and tears pricked at her eyes.

She traced the letters of his name and smiled softly. "Hey Terry...it's me. I brought you a new arrangement. The florist said they were real popular this month." She said as she removed the old ones and replaced them. "Mikey is growin' so fast." She wiped at her eyes, attempting to be strong.

"Coby and Lisa are getting older and they'll soon be starting middle school. I'm not ready for my babies to grow up, Terry. I'm not...ready." She felt the tears fall and roll down her cheeks. She was silent for a while before speaking again. "I'm tryin' to be strong for our kids, Terry...but it ain't easy. I'm just so angry, so damn angry that you left me. I can't do this without you and for you to think I could...why Terry! Why?" She cried a bit harder and leaned forward, resting her forehead in her palms. "I just want you back, Terry....come back to me..."
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:44 pm

She told him about the kids some more and how she was waiting on the final judgement about the life insurance policy. She had been under investigation to see if it was foul play considering he took it out three days before he was practically gunned down. They still hadn't found the shooter. All she heard when she slept at night was his voice thanking her for making his life mean something...but now without him, her life felt like it meant nothing. She had her kids and she was living for them now, but the pain didn't get easier.

Touching the cold stone with his name on it, she smiled and stood. "I miss you baby, I always miss you. And I'll always love you Terry Bellefleur." She turned to head back to her car. She had some shopping to do before her shift at Merlotte's. Sam had been asking her to do more errands for him since he was so busy with Nicole lately. She barely ever saw him. As she sat in the driver seat, holding onto the steering wheel, she looked over into the cemetery and looked at his grave one final time before putting the car into drive. She'd be back next week...and the next...and then next...until she was laying in the ground right next to him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:32 pm