For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Something seems off

Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Something seems off Empty Something seems off

Post by Tijgerian Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:30 am

"And according to the preliminary meeting, Mr. Merlotte advised that he was looking to increase revenue and was willing to do what needed to be done in order to bring in business. Last inspection was 2011 and passed barely with a low grade. Violations were small but sufficient. I plan to utilize my time here and meet with him again in order to begin the proper changes, thus making his business..." She looked over at Rochelle who was staring into space and not taking notes for her dictation. Cocking a brow, she stopped speaking and waited for her to catch up.
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Something seems off Empty Re: Something seems off

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:34 am

She was daydreaming and thinking of how yummy the taste of his lips against hers were. Biting her bottom lip, she sighed dreamily and wondered what he was doing. Was he thinking of her? Did he regret their kiss? Did he actually mean to kiss her or was it a pity kiss since she just kissed him...she was still embarrassed about said impulsive kiss.

The room became quiet and she slowly turned her head to look up at Tijgerian standing there with an arched brow and hand on her hip. She smiled nervously and cleared her throat. "M-Making his business..." She started so that Tijgerian could continue where she left off. She was half paying attention and that wasn't like her. Looking down at her notes, she wrote them down quickly to catch up.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:36 am

Something was definitely off with her friend, really off. Rochelle was always on point with things. She had even decided to "go out" to dinner, as she later learned it was out with Tolvin, John's head of security. She pulled herself up onto John's desk that she was using and folded her arms across her chest. "You're not very you. Something happen I should know about?"
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:39 am

She heard her assumption and question and lifted her head, darting her eyes around nervously as she thought of her answer. "N-No, I'm fine...just, well...so busy." She chuckled nervously, "Getting my head in the game, all is well." She nodded and looked back down, realizing the question she asked. Looking back up, she shook her head. "Nothing happened, I mean what would happen? It was just dinner, not like it was a date or...anything. Just..dinner...Oh you should really try Merlotte's gumbo, but probably order carry out. Vampires with these weird veins hang around in the woods. Tolvin shot one, was pretty intense really....oh and the sweet tea is just sweet enough..." She was rambling and when she looked back up at Tijgerian, realized she might have over shared. Her mouth went to the shape of a small o and then she pressed her lips together, looking back down and writing more notes down.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:43 am

Both of her brows went up at the news of a vampire that Tolvin killed. Well, she knew that already. Vampires were a sore spot on Merlotte's and if Sam didn't change that soon, he'd really lose customers. She had smelled the gumbo when she went but was so disgusted at the turn of events, her appetite alluded her. All she could say was "Mmhmm..." As she took in Rochelle's rambling. Rochelle had only gotten this nervous the time she got hit on in France. It occurred to her that maybe the girl had never really been loved....or it had been a while. She was very high strung and tense all the time. Lack of sex would do that to someone, she would know. She grinned and decided to tease her.

"So you like Tolvin..."
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:44 am

Her head jerked up at Tijgerian's statement and shook her head quickly. "No, no...I mean well, he's nice and all and he's a really great shot. Practically saved my life I guess but I don't...I mean, I'm not sure what you mean. Can we just get back to the report?" She flushed a bit and looked back down, running a hand down her cheek and wanting to be swallowed by a sink hole.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:48 am

She chuckled and shrugged. "If you say so Petrakis." She only called her by her last name when she knew she was hiding something. "You have the weekend off, you should use it wisely and get out...perhaps take Tolvin. I hear he's great at showing people around. Among other things it appears." She smirked at her taunting, only seeing Rochelle's face redden more. Well, wasn't this interesting...her assistant had a crush.

Rochelle had suggested she tell John she loved him, when really she had no idea what she felt. It wasn't hate anymore...but what it was turning into was surely something she never felt before. Now it appeared as if Rochelle couldn't even tell this man she liked him. Pot meet kettle. The irony made her chuckle.
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:51 am

She looked up after being referred to by her last name, something she only did when she called bullshit on her. Narrowing her eyes, she pushed her glasses back up and shifted nervously when she suggested she ask Tolvin to accompany her on her weekend off. "We're just...friends. I guess, I mean...he's probably busy. Really I'm fine. I think I'll just stay in my pajamas all day and work on Sudoku. I'm nearly finished this book, I can't wait to start the next." She smiled, feeling proud of her sudoku accomplishment.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:54 am

She slid off the desk and shook her head. "Rochelle, you need something alright...and sudoku is not one of them. Trust me. Do as you wish for your time off, but right now I need you to get that report to George and let him know I need a conference tonight. I'm going to take two weeks off from traveling, get my head together. I also need to decide if I am to leave Rajat behind when we go to Brazil. So, get yourself together and get to work. I'll be in here going over the fiscal year reports. Now go." She moved around the desk and took a seat in John's chair, opening her laptop to begin more work.
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:57 am

She went to speak and only gaped, her mouth opening and closing like a fish. How would she know what she needed? What was that supposed to mean? She pressed her lips together in frustration and took notes of what Tij needed. Giving her a nod, she stood and moved to the door. "Maybe John should come with us. He can have time with Rajat and you can have time with both of them. Tolvin's never been to Brazil." She added with a smile and received a hard look from her boss, that was her cue to leave.

Scurrying past Vincent, she headed to the guest bedroom to get some work done.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:05 pm