For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Annnnnnd.... breathe.

Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Annnnnnd.... breathe. Empty Annnnnnd.... breathe.

Post by Nicole Wright Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:27 pm

Come on, Sam. We're gonna be late! It's a long drive and you know we're gonna have to stop for food on the way.

*she laughed as she walked out the door of the trailer and down the steps towards the truck. Tonight they had their first labor class, and Sam had been freaking out about it all day. What did he do, would he be okay at it, was he going to have to pretend to be in labor, would she actually go into labor. And all Nicole could do was laugh. She stood at the Jeep, looking up at the door as he stumbled out and beamed at him as he did so. Her heart warmed every time she saw him and she always felt calmer when he was around her. Things had been tough at first, but now they were falling in love more and more every day. Something she had thought wouldn't happen at first.*

It's gonna be fine, babe. Just come on. We gotta go and mama's hungry.

*to emphasize, she rubbed her belly and laughed again*
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Annnnnnd.... breathe. Empty Re: Annnnnnd.... breathe.

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:34 pm

He fumbled with his keys to lock up and nodded, trying to get the shaky feeling off of him. She had an idea to go to a birthing class. He had no idea what the hell that was, but if she felt she needed it..then by all means he would take her. Finally locking the door, he turned and made his way down the stairs. Stopping at her side to open the door, he helped her in and leaned in to kiss her lips softly. -I promise I'll try...that's all I can do.- He grinned and kissed her nose before closing the door and going around to get into the driver side.

After he started the jeep, he looked over at her and groaned. -What did I agree to?- He laughed.
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:43 pm

*She chuckled at him and rubbed her belly as they headed down the road; she couldn't keep her eyes off of him today. Was it the crazy hair? The way that he looked slightly frazzled and yet completely put together? Hormones? Whatever it was, it was taking everything she had to keep her hands off of him. As it was, she reached over and laid a hand on his thigh, letting her thumb rub up and down gently against his jeans.*

We're just going to learn about the birthing process. It's not anything to worry about. They'll teach you how to be a birthing coach and what not to say while I'm delivering our child.

*she winked at him and laughed again, dragging her eyes from his face so she could watch the road*
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:50 pm

He listened as she spoke, really trying hard to concentrate on the road as her thumb ran along his leg. He shifted a bit and held the wheel with one hand, his other going down to her hand on his leg to hold. -So I should take notes?- He grinned and looked over at her to give her a wink.

Bringing her hand up, he placed a kiss on the back of her hand and rested their hands on his leg as he continued to drive. The office where the class was being held wasn't too far and he soon found himself pulling into the parking lot to park. He inhaled slowly and then blew out a breath. -Guess it's time to learn...- He chuckled.
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:53 pm

It's okay, baby. I promise.

*she looked at him and made sure that their eyes met before leaning in and pressing her lips against his*

You are made to be a father. You will be perfection. I just know it. And so does butter bean.

*she sat there, like he always preferred her to do, while he stepped out and walked around to open her door. She grabbed his hand and linked their fingers together and they walked, hand in hand, into the building. It didn't take long to figure out where they were going and once they did, she felt Sam's hand grip hers tighter. She let out a laugh*

You ready for this, Mr. Merlotte?
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:00 pm

He smiled softly at her encouraging words, looking away for a moment. The new nickname she gave their growing child was welcomed. Peanut just reminded him too much of the dreams he had of Luna. He kissed her back and cupped her neck as she gave him that kiss. When she pulled back and said how she felt about being a father, it made him love her more. He felt like he was falling for her, but didn't want her to think it was only because she carried his child.

After stepping into the building, his grip tightened and he looked around at all the other pregnant women and their partners. Hearing her question, he looked over at her. -Me? Ready?- He paused for a few moments as his eyes scanned the room. Shaking his head he chuckled, -Not in the least. But I want to do this with you. It will only make me ready, right?- He looked over at her.
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:15 pm

*she nodded, completely serious, at his inquiry.*

You will be so ready that you could give birth yourself. But, let's not do that. I think I'm more equipped for it.

*she laughed again and walked over to the lady that was teaching the class.*

Hi, I'm Nicole and this is my, um, boyfriend. His name's Sam. This is our first time at the class and he's really nervous. Do you think you could, I don't know, give him some advice to calm him down?

*she turned to Sam and grinned at him*
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:22 pm

He laughed and shook his head no. -Nah, I think I'll let you cover that. I'm all about assisting, but you got this.- He kissed her cheek and walked into the class with her. She spoke to the instructor and he gave the woman a charming smile, extending his hand to shake hers.

"Oh, hello! Congrats and welcome. I'm Helen and I will be teaching tonight. You're really going to enjoy it, we go over lamaze breathing, step by step of what birth is like, birth plans and what to expect. Also we sometimes, if there is enough time, go over how to handle a baby like holding and changing." She spoke to both of them and Sam listened, nodding. "Have you ever held a baby, Sam?"

-I...uh...I....no. Can't say I have.- He chuckled.

"What is it that you do?"

-I own a bar.-

Her face changed a bit, one of slight distaste. "A...bar. Oh, how nice." She forced a smile and looked over at Nicole as to say 'good luck' and excused herself to prep for the class. He looked over at Nicole.

-I say something wrong?-
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:32 pm

*she gaped at the woman's audacity and shook her head while letting out a sigh and rubbing her stomach*

Don't pay her any attention, Sam. Some women at things like these are a bit pretentious. Personally, I love the bar.

*she grabbed his hand and walked over to a spot on the floor beside a woman with tattoos who had a husband with dreads. Maybe a it crazier than what she was used to, but seemed nicer than the lady that was teaching the class.*

Hi, I'm Nicole! Is this your first kid?

*the lady beside her grinned and nodded her head; she started to speak but the lady called the class to order.*
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:40 pm

He smiled and kissed her hand as he led her to a spot, grabbing a mat like the other guys in the class. She liked the bar, he loved the bar, but Alcide's suggestion stayed fresh in his mind. Why not sell it? Have a family with Nicole and just...be normal? Well, his life was anything but normal, he was a shifter.

He set the mat down as she began to talk to a woman with tattoos and looked to the front of the class when Helen something or another called it to order. She began explaining things about the birth canal and babies dropping when labor would begin, his stomach feeling a bit queasy. He nodded and grinned to Nicole to show he was okay, but really...he wanted to hurl.
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:50 pm

*she turned to look at him and had to fight against the urge to laugh; he looked sick. He was green. And his cheeks were a bit pink. Oh, this was too good.*

You okay over there, daddy-o?

*he turned to her and she laughed out loud, causing them to get a look from Helen again. She mouthed 'sorry' and straightened her face*

Stop being funny, Sam! You'll get us kicked out.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:55 pm

He heard her laugh out loud and winced slightly at the look Helen gave them. He raised his hand to indicate he was okay and looked over at Nicole. -Not trying...trust me.-

"At that point you will need to indicate your birth plan. The nurses and doctors will do everything they can to ensure your birth goes the way you want." She clapped her hands together. "Shall we have all the moms lay down and rest their back against their partners chest, knees up. We're going to go over breathing techniques."

He watched the couple next to him and mimicked their position. He sat and opened his legs so that Nicole could sit against his chest. He grinned and dipped his head next to her ear. -I don't remember you ever having trouble breathing with me...- Moaning and pants were always something he could deliver.
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:58 pm

*she blushed a bit and grinned before leaning back so she could whisper in his ear*

I dunno; it does get hard to breathe sometimes.

*she moved so she was pressing a bit harder against the crotch of his pants. Helen started mimicking the breathing technique and she rolled her eyes before making the noises the best she could. There was nothing sexy about it. But the way that Sam's legs tightened around her and the hardness pressing into her back? There was definitely something sexy about that.*
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:04 pm

She pressed against him on purpose and he groaned softly. His hands went to rest on top of hers on her growing stomach. Hearing her repeat the breathing as Helen taught, he contained a chuckle. It sounded really weird in here now.

"Now partners, I want you to give your moms words of encouragement." She walked around the room as she kept he-he-who-ing and the mothers doing the same. He whispered into her ear again for words of encouragement.

-We should have skipped the class and practiced making butter beans brother or sister.- He grinned and nuzzled her ear.

"Mr. Merlotte, words of encouragement...PDA is how you got in this position. Now, give Ms. Wright some encouraging words." He cocked a brow and looked at Nicole who was grinning now. He felt like he had been caught passing notes in class. Clearing his throat, he tried.

-Uh...you can do this.- He said but it sounded more like a question.
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:15 pm

I liked the first words better.

*she said it loud enough that Helen could hear her and giggled as she moved against Sam's body again*

And I know I can do it. I have you beside me. Butter Bean will grow up to know that his or her daddy loved them so much more than anything else. And they will love Merlotte's, because it's an amazing place. And they will never want for anything.

*she turned her head and looked at him before kissing his lips softly*

We'll have the luckiest kid ever.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:24 pm

His smile grew the more she spoke, loud enough for Helen to hear. Helen stopped instructing and watched as Nicole kissed him. He grinned with a small chuckle. -We sure will. I'm sorry, you can continue with the class.-

Helen 'hmmph'ed him and turned on her heel to head to the front of the class. She grabbed the diagram of a vagina with all its parts and began to show what forceps were for. Sam paled and rested his forehead on Nicole's shoulder, counting down the minutes until this was over.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:25 am