For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Some insight...

Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Some insight... Empty Some insight...

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:12 am

Willa was happy to be home it was a long night after her talk with Pam .She had allot to think about and allot to tell Tara but she wasn’t home again and there was no message from her either .She was starting to get really worried about Tara even though she knew she could look after herself and whispers from the guards were that the war was all but over ,Willa never trusted idle gossip .She called Tara again and left another message ..

“Hey it me again please call and let me know your ok ,Im getting really worried ..”

As she hung up walking up to the house she spied Elsa waiting for her .It was still early and they were due for another training session.Willa wasn’t up for it tonight but Elsa wasn’t hearing any of it …

“Nope you’re going to train tonight whether you like it or not ..you hired me to do a job and I’m going to do it …plus you look like you could use it ..”

“Look Elsa I had a bad night and I’m tired and I just ..well I don’t feel like it ..”

“And that is why you are going to do it ..go and change and I’ll get us some blood and we will have a drink and you can tell me all about it then we will beat on some things ..how does that sound ?”

“ Actually that sounds pretty damn good ..”

She went to change and by the time she got back downstairs Elsa had some blood all picked out and it was one of her favorites ,it was poured into two glasses and she was seated in the kitchen waiting for Willa to come and make herself comfortable…

“So tell me what has you all in knots ..”

“Well to make a long story short …I got found out about something I did to take some of my power back and then got berated and belittled …which I guess I deserve …What I need to do is really find out how to live like this …how to be a vampire ..it’s a lot harder than it looks  isn’t it …may I ask how old are you ..”

“ Well I am 94 years old and yes it is allot harder than it looks …living though the years as we do takes allot of patience …but you should have had a maker teach you these things …Where is your maker if you don’t mind me asking ..”

“Well let’s just say he is a kinda like a dead beat dad …he wasn’t  there when I needed him ..but I have a feeling that he might be becoming around more …but I don’t know if it’s too little to late …I mean what can he teach me now ..”

“ He can still teach you allot if you let him …like I can teach you fight and protect yourself but I am not your maker there is a difference ..There is a bond that you have with him that we don’t …so the things you learn from him will be different..feel different …do you understand …even though they may be close to the same things they will feel different coming from him ..understand ..”

“ I think so ..But how can I let him back in when he may just leave me again..how do I trust in him again …There was a vampire that said if I want answers all I have to do is ask ..but he scares me as well …how do I get past that …my maker shouldn’t scare me should he ..”

“Well there should be respect and maybe you are confusing the two ..maybe because you don’t trust him that is what scares you ..do you think if you ask questions of him he will kill you or just leave you ..”

She had to think about that for a minute ,taking a long drink ..

“ No I don’t think he would kill me ..it’s the leaving …I think if I ask the wrong thing he will just think I’m being stupid and leave ..that’s what it is …your right ..”

“So now you know what the problem is what are you going to do with it ..I would talk to him and the worst he will do is leave and really if what you say is true he hasn’t been around any way so what have you lost ..”

“Nothing really …if he doesn’t want to answer my questions and leaves then what ..I have lost nothing …thank you Elsa ..you have opened my eyes ..Now let’s go beat the heck out of something ..”

They both finish their blood and headed out to the little training area behind the house and trained until almost sunrise .Elsa bids Willa a good morning and heads home as Willa heads into the house then into her room where she crashes into her bed fully clothed .She hits her pillow so tired to even change and goes into the death sleep only vampires know ..

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:08 pm